Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari > Ferrari Pictures and Videos

Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
^^ Do you think that If I would have enough money to buy one of this cars I would stop to think wich one is faster on a track ?!? You're completely wrong !! For me, the F430 is just perfect ( like almost all the other Ferraris ). The engine sound is awesome, it looks great, and for what I've seen and read it's great to drive. What more can I ask for ?

That's exactly the same reason why I would never buy a Porsche. They're great cars but they don't have not even a little bit of passion. And when we're talking about supercars that counts a lot ( at least for me ).

Oh and BTW.... I like the Z06 a lot.
Hmm. sounds like you are a PS2/XBox fanboy poser then.. They have just the car for you... it's called the F430 and is perfect for posing
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #17
Spijker
Regular User

Haha, I can borrow my moms opel agila sometimes and then I'm a happy man. I can only dream about these cars haha.

BTW, if you don't know what an opel agila is, just don't even try to search for it on google, it's too embarrassing. ops:
Old 10-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #18
5vz-fe
Regular User

We gotta admit the limit of our abilities. I don't know about u guys, but for me, a F430 will more likely be outta reach. A Porsche / Vette probably a more realistic goal. When you fork out a chunk of your hard earned money, you will start to compare the thing that matter to you most. The badge for some, the performance for others.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:49 PM   #19
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
We gotta admit the limit of our abilities. I don't know about u guys, but for me, a F430 will more likely be outta reach. A Porsche / Vette probably a more realistic goal. When you fork out a chunk of your hard earned money, you will start to compare the thing that matter to you most. The badge for some, the performance for others.
Exactly!

If I were to go for a modern muscle car I would go for the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #20
bmagni
Regular User

the legends are pretty funny...

I like the fact that anti-exotics fanboys keep postin this "I'll show you how great my low price car is" videos... lets face it, if 90% of this kind of car owners had money they'd buy a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/Aston, etc...
The Z06 is fast, so is the Ford GT, they're even faster than the "similar" exotics, but they'll never be better... Its like the guy saying he doesn't buy designer clothing cause its the same thing as GAP clothing and GAP clothing lasts more. Of course there are the ones who just buy the t-shirts with the designer name printed in huge silver letters in the chest just to show off.

So back to the point... the cheap car faster than the exotic car formula is pretty simple, either big engine=big displacement=big torque=big acceleration with good handling OR small car=light car=fast acceleration/great handling. Its the same thing. Whats happening with the "Blue Devil" ? An attempt to make an "Enzo Killer" for a 6th of the price, which now doesn't seem likely. They are startin to revise many parts cause they didn't work, and whats the outcome ? cost rise=price rise. And we're talkin about the biggest automotive company in the world. Not so easy eh Chevy ?

Also theres the other part - the Veryon... humongous engine in a fat (expensive) car, an easy formula gone "wrong". The engine makes it outperform any other road car weve seen up to date, no matter if its fat or not and still some of these "cheap/fast car" owners hate it - why ?? if its the same formula, just that these wasn't cheap

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying this cars suck or anything similar. They're just faster but not better...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni

I like the fact that anti-exotics fanboys keep postin this "I'll show you how great my low price car is" videos... lets face it, if 90% of this kind of car owners had money they'd buy a Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche/Aston, etc...
The Z06 is fast, so is the Ford GT, they're even faster than the "similar" exotics, but they'll never be better... Its like the guy saying he doesn't buy designer clothing cause its the same thing as GAP clothing and GAP clothing lasts more. Of course there are the ones who just buy the t-shirts with the designer name printed in huge silver letters in the chest just to show off.

So back to the point... the cheap car faster than the exotic car formula is pretty simple, either big engine=big displacement=big torque=big acceleration with good handling OR small car=light car=fast acceleration/great handling. Its the same thing. Whats happening with the "Blue Devil" ? An attempt to make an "Enzo Killer" for a 6th of the price, which now doesn't seem likely. They are startin to revise many parts cause they didn't work, and whats the outcome ? cost rise=price rise. And we're talkin about the biggest automotive company in the world. Not so easy eh Chevy ?

Also theres the other part - the Veryon... humongous engine in a fat (expensive) car, an easy formula gone "wrong". The engine makes it outperform any other road car weve seen up to date, no matter if its fat or not and still some of these "cheap/fast car" owners hate it - why ?? if its the same formula, just that these wasn't cheap

Don't get me wrong, Im not saying this cars suck or anything similar. They're just faster but not better...
Better is subject - faster is objective.

This video is pretty objective
Old 10-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #22
bmagni
Regular User

A Caterham is much more faster too

A regular C6 or a GT500 vs an F430 would be great though. They are much more similar spec wise... even those have bigger engines and more torque than the F430 ! Shouldn't they be at least faster in acceleration ?? I mean the 142 lb/ft torque and +17 hp difference between the Z06 and the F430 is some advantage that the Ferrari handles pretty well, I bet the regular C6 can handle -83hp and +57 lb/ft as well as the Ferrari does vs the Z06. Or the even more equal GT500 can maybe outperform the F430. :roll:
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #23
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni

I agree with you for the most part,

but in my opinion the hundred thousand dollar price premium over the corvette doesn't justify Ferrari just for it’s name or heritage. Sure it might be build with better quality, but it should perform to the same or higher level as well.

Plus I think the F430 is also one of the most unappealing modern Ferraris.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #24
yg60m
Regular User

I think that the Z06 is a great achievement and is "better" than the F430 in a lot of domains but of course it depends what you are waiting from a car and faster doesn't mean better ... but it can't come close to the magic of Ferrari's name.

The solution would maybe to make like some guys did before (remember the black Ferrari in Miami Vice ? ) : putting an F430 body on the Z06 chassis
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Agree with bmagni and Yann - the Z06 can be faster and better in some aspects... but the Ferrari badge is something quite hard to beat IMO - either if you're a Starbucks poser or a rich swiss owner... this kind of owners - and the same goes for Porsche and Lambo and Aston - doesn't consider the raw performance or the Nordschleife laptime, they just love the brand for some reason or another... and that's something the Vette cannot fight against
Hate to call you wrong.. but you are completly wrong... The"Vette" doesn't have to fight against anything - its a profitable car that sells out every year, so it obviously does EXACTLY what it was designed to - and more.

I know some people with literally unlimited funds.. and they often buy cars for the performance... because they are performance enthusiasts.

So to say that "rich" people only go for "the badge" is not correct.

"Poor" people, as in those that are trying desperately to live "rich" aspire to drive and wear the things they think defines "rich" people.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #26
yg60m
Regular User

Indeed, owning an F430 doesn't prevent from owning a Z06

But what I am sure is that an F430's owner doesn't like being smoked by a Z06
except if he has one himself too
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #27
pagani
Regular User

You buy a ferrari for the badge and posing.
And the corvette for performance driving/trackwork.
I take the vette anyday over the ferrari.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #28
Spijker
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
You buy a ferrari for the badge and posing.
And the corvette for performance driving/trackwork.
I take the vette anyday over the ferrari.
8)
I would take the ferrari, not for the track, but to drive in it on the road... OK, and a bit of posing... Even better I would buy the gallardo spyder For ultimate posing hehe, what a sound that is!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #29
TopGearNL
Regular User

Pagani is right, the Ferrari is for playboys, I would take an Aston because thats a gentlemens car

But for best performance for your money I would go for the vette
Old 11-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #30
dons5
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
My 2001 C5 Z05 is faster that the 360CS - at the Nurburgring, drag strip, freeway.. you name it...

The C6 Z06 is 10s quicker than the C5 Z06 around the Nurburgring and has been shown to again and again drill the 430 on the freeway, mountain roads and even the drag strip..

Keep dreaming that the F360 and even F430 "are the utimate" - because it is a dream.. they are slow cars
ummm, ya............ lolol On a real race track I would put my money on 430, Ive even read reviews from the states that the 430 beat the Z06, and that included timed laps sectors etc etc