Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Holy Crap! I'm Alive!

You guys have no idea how much I've missed this place!

I still won't be around much, I still have a lot of stuff to sort out. But, I figured I'd give a quick rundown of my much too long absence.

It all started with trying to upgrade my internets. After numerous appointments, Qwest finally showed up on about the 5th appointment. They hooked it up and I had to leave. When I finally used it later that night, the connection crapped out after about 5 minutes. After another handfull appointments, they showe dup to fix it. They really need better trained people, needless to say, it wasn't fixed and I told them to lick me bunghole.

Then things got a little worse.

To keep things short, my mother had a heartattack. It wasn't a real serious one, they did an angioplasty and two days later she went home. Scared the bejeesus out of me though. She's perfectly fine now and on a strict excersize and diet.

Then, not long goes by and I get a phone call from my mom. My sister was in a nasty car accident, a couple broken bones and a concussion. Nothing super serious, but enough to get my mom all wound up and scared. Whoch in turn, made me nervous. Her daughter was with her, how she made it through it all without a scratch is beyond me. The car doesn't even resemble a car anymore.

Not long goes by again and I get a phone call from my sister. My father had a stroke. Actually, I should say, the doctor gave my father a stroke. He had blood clot problems not too long ago and was put on blood thinners. Well, apparently, if the dosage is too large, it's Stroke City. Amazingly, there weren't any of the usual after effects. he's perfectly fine now as well.

Having to take time off of work, plane tickets and a million other things, I got pretty broke. So, no internets for me. Simply couldn't afford it.

Just when things couldn't get worse, my car kerploded. So I bought a new one, which was more than I wanted to spend, $5k for a 96 Grand Damnit GT. 80k miles, it's dark green and I hate everything about it. I don't have any pics sorry! Why would you want to see it anyway. All I know is that it spanks Neons like you wouldn't believe. When it's paid off I'm pushing it off a cliff.

I've also started a new job, delivering import car parts all over Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding suburbs. It's alright. It's paying the bills so far.

I've also moved. Moved back in with my mom to be exact. it kind of sucks, but it saves me a load of money. Not having to pay rent and all.

So there you have it, my life has sucked but everyone is alive and kicking. Could have been worse! I still dont' have internet access. I'm using one of those free AOL Discs right now. Hopefully soon I'll be back online permanently. Those tax refunds should show up anytime now!

I've missed this place and everyone here far more than I thought I would! I can't wait to be back for good!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
Daggernite
Regular User

Damn dude, life has been a rocky ride for you latley has'nt it. Thankfully your family members are ok now and thats something to be thankful for. Now its seems things are finally starting to get better, with a job you like and before you know it your finances should be sorted. Glad to see ya back.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

WOW amazing, and I thought I was having a hard time. You know what they say, rollercoasters must go down for them to go up again. I hope this is true in your case and whatever happens next is on the upstream.

Glad to have you back.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

HOLY CRAP!!! great to see your alive and well; peroidically some of us were asking about your good, or poor fortune; thankfully your familiy is still kicking the dust from above

good luck continuing to bring yourself back into good order, and good fortune; and the best wishes for yours, and your family's health. look forward to reading more of your posts 0X
Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
Minacious
Regular User

Who are you again? Hehe, just kidding.

Good to have you back. I am happy to read that even though you and your family have been through quite a bit, everyone made it out with another chapter to add to the large book that is life. Sometimes the lowest points in life are the catalysts to great things in the future. I too have been going through a low point in life, but can already see some good out of it and I wish the same good fortune for you.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
antonioledesma
Regular User

Damn! that was some story 666

don't worry about internet, the only thing that really matter is family.
It's good to know everyone is ok right now.

just keep working and continue your life. JW will be again waiting for your return
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
sameerrao
Regular User

Woah 666, you been through a lot of stress in the past few weeks. Its very commendable that your sense of humor has survived intact.

If anyone is in need of good luck it is you... wishing you heaps of it.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #8
666fast
Regular User

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I seem to have forgotten how to type, it's taking me forever to form complete sentences ( and runon sentences).

nthfinity- It's nice to know someone was thinking about me. Other than that goofy gis kid.

sameerrao- My sense of humor survives everything
Old 04-10-2006, 11:45 PM   #9
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

holy shit! dude! haven't seen you in YEARS!! hope things will go your way..
great to hear from you!
damn how time fly by.. hope to see you here more often

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
ZfrkS62
Regular User

666, sorry to hear about all the misfortunes. being without internet can feel like you're cutoff from the outside world. but at this point, i'd rather be without internet than parents. My mom can be a pain in the ass with her griping, but i don't think i
m ready for her to go just yet.

JW aint the same wihout you man! (nor is it the same when any core member goes on hiatus) we all look forward to your return

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:18 AM   #11
ARMAN
Regular User

I guess you are the one who was away the longest period of time when I was checking some members b-days, happy belated btw

Glad to hear you're allright now WELCOME BACK 666!

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:30 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

WOW, lot of things happened to you! As many others I was wondering where the hell you disappeared! I am happy to read afterall everything went fine after some scary moments :good:

I hope to see you back 100% operational soon
Old 04-11-2006, 05:20 AM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

Damn thats some serious bad luck you have had there. Hope you can come back full time soon as JW hasn't been the same without you !
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:44 AM   #14
man430gt
Regular User

Hey, first time i've read any of your post just wanted to say good luck in the future and you are one serously lucky man/family, thats for sure...
man430gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast

nthfinity- It's nice to know someone was thinking about me. Other than that goofy gis kid.
who u callin goofy? lol
glad to see you back man,saw you on MSN briefly last night and sent you a message but you logged off you bastard.

i know shit got crazy for you over the past few months,but im glad everyone in your family got through it and happy to see your checking back into the JW hotel.

talk with you soon dudette

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote