Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM   #46
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
I agree with some others here in that the Vector does not belong in this discussion, since we're are talking about the F1, considered by many to be one of the best engineered performance (from a mechanical engineering standpoint at least) cars in history.
OK, lets talk about why the Vector W8 does, or doesn't belong... Why do you think it doesn't? I'll answer every question. The fact that the Vector is still faster then 99.9% of the cars out there, and many have huge miles under thier belts... so very many reasons why the W8 belongs at the top of the short list....

why doesn't it?
Old 03-14-2007, 05:28 AM   #47
RAMMIUS
Regular User

That article from EVO is very interesting, but somehow trolls left out an important element of the equation: BRITISH PRIDE !

Macca aside,can somebody give a DECENT explanation of the results ?
TAKE A GOOD LOOK at that track, it`s not cramped and twisty to suit the CGT :

According to numerous tests

Enzo has better acceleration
Corners and changes direction better and faster
The braking systems are on the same level
Plus the faster gearbox.

And yet CGT got a better time :alienflip:

Also regarding what`s better, CGT and ENZO, let`s read what Stefan Roser (JA that one from RUF) has to say about :
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...t=65897&page=2
Scroll until you reach Hesperus reply

Hehehe
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #48
JoeHahn
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
That article from EVO is very interesting, but somehow trolls left out an important element of the equation: BRITISH PRIDE !

Macca aside,can somebody give a DECENT explanation of the results ?
TAKE A GOOD LOOK at that track, it`s not cramped and twisty to suit the CGT :

According to numerous tests

Enzo has better acceleration
Corners and changes direction better and faster
The braking systems are on the same level
Plus the faster gearbox.

And yet CGT got a better time :alienflip:

Also regarding what`s better, CGT and ENZO, let`s read what Stefan Roser (JA that one from RUF) has to say about :
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...t=65897&page=2
Scroll until you reach Hesperus reply

Hehehe
I dont know where you got the whole "corners and changes directions better". In every single roadtest bar one (Top Gear :roll where the Carrera GT is pitted against an Enzo - The GT wins. Even in Italian magazines. It does accelerate a spiders dick slower than an Enzo, but golly gosh it handles better.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 AM   #49
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Tests R&T CGT:
Skidpad : 0.99g
Slalom : 71.1mph
Enzo :1.01g and 73mph slalom.
C&D got 1.05g for Enzo

Stop putting stupid questions,the slalom is one of the best tests to see how fast/well/whatever a car changes direction.
It would be nice to use your brain, to figure out that a lighter car transferrs easily the mass from one side to another.

Quattroporte`s track is EXACTLY cramped and with twistyes where Enzo`s bigger dimenssion is not not an advantage.
It handles better ? 1.17.349 vs 1.17.448. Indeed huge diference.
Maybe you should fucking look at the tyres : Bridgestone Potenza Scuderia RE 050A vs Michelin Pilot Sport 2.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP

Danish mag Enzo vs CGT test, winner ENZO.
British mag, ENOZ,CGT, SLR, winner ENZO.

Leaving mags aside, you would look a little bit smarter by only reading Roser`s opinion about those 2 cars. :roll: Moron
Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 AM   #50
tforth
Regular User

As I've mentioned several times before, ams has also tested (print and video) the enzo vs. CGT (and SLR, Murcie, etc.). When they ran it on a track in Italy, it was 1s faster!! There are two credible sources that indicate that the CGT is 1 s faster than the enzo. Now, do you want to talk about NS?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 PM   #51
sameerrao
Regular User

Dani oh Dani where is that proud name of Mas - Dani D mas in your id gone?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #52
supertouring
Regular User

I think the Veyron is a tank and you can keep it. I'm a porsche fan myself and very lucky to have driven a GT-2. That F1 you see in that video is just a plain street version. Get 1 of the 5 fullblown F1GTR that were built for the street and the let me know how much it moves. Two belong to Ralph Lauren, 1 is in Japan and the other two I believe are in Saudi Arabia. I never did get to see the only one that was in Massachussett which I believe used to belong to one of Turner Motorsports race car drivers. Ralph Lauren bought that car that is how he ended up with two GTR's. I would like to see the Veyron go to Le mans and try to win on it's first try like the F1 did. I'd say on the first hour it will brake down.
Just like the Pagani Zonda another kick ass car and tried to race and it only lasted about 6 laps, which was very sad because the thing was fast and sounded great. 8)
supertouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #53
pagani
Regular User

The mclaren has great handling for a road car and whit it's softer suspension it schould be good on a b road.
But it needs a stiffer suspension setup of the racetrack and better brakes maby a rear wing for extra downforce.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #54
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani
The mclaren has great handling for a road car and whit it's softer suspension it schould be good on a b road.
But it needs a stiffer suspension setup of the racetrack and better brakes maby a rear wing for extra downforce.
8)
the real question is this....

why does the road car have so much pitch, dive, and roll? Many other softly sprung cars i've driven, and been in don't do nearly as much as what is evident in the video... in fact, its often nearly flat cornering, even in the 1992 Vector W8
Old 03-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #55
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
8)

why does the road car have so much pitch, dive, and roll? Many other softly sprung cars i've driven, and been in don't do nearly as much as what is evident in the video... in fact, its often nearly flat cornering, even in the 1992 Vector W8
It's was build for english b road's and they are full potholes and other things.
And it's has not anti rollbar fitted so that explains the roll.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #56
tforth
Regular User

Leaving mags aside, you would look a little bit smarter by only reading Roser`s opinion about those 2 cars.
Ever heard of the term hearsay? If you want to quote someone, quote them. Don't paraphrase someone who paraphrase someone else!

As I said evo and ams both lapped a CGT approx. 1s faster (i.e. over 10X faster than 0.099s) than an enzo around a closed circuit, on the same day, with the same driver. Care to quote any other public sources that can provide conflicting info.?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #57
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
8)

It's was build for english b road's and they are full potholes and other things.
And it's has not anti rollbar fitted so that explains the roll.
8)
then why are every other sportscar fited with a anti sway bar, and traverse those brittish b-roads with great ease? the amounts shown are similar to say.... something like a Jaguar S, or something [/unscientific comparison]

still waiting for tforth's reasons why the W8 doesn't belong in the group of

Vector W8
Mclaren F1
Jaguar XJ220
Ferrari F40
Bugatti EB110

and why is it 'cool' that it has so much pitch/dive/roll ?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #58
blinkmeat
Regular User

You'll never know
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #59
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
You'll never know
+1

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #60
rave426
Regular User

Wow, we had this same conversation a year ago...........and good ole' Nth is still holding ground.

No matter what, the Macca is awsome.

IMO the XJ220 dosnt look good and sounds stupid. The EB is pretty good, but I would still like a Macca.

Anyway, who gives a flying fuck anymore!!