Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-22-2005, 04:32 AM   #1
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Default Alfa Romeo 33TT V8 Giro d'Italia 1975

A couple of weeks ago a friend at my forum posted some pics of his new miniature... The model was a handbuilt Alfa Romeo 33TT V8 Giro d'Italia 1975 build by Remember models. The model looked so interesting to me that I started looking for info about the car(AlfaBB tnx).. I found that it was based on the T33(essentially its a 1972/1973 T33 with a roof), it was powered by a V8 and it raced at the 1975 Giro d'Italia by Jean-Claude Andruet.What I didnt found out though is whether the car was an Alfa entry, an Autodelta or a private one.. The car is currently owned by a guy in NY.

Many many tnx to my good friend Nick for the pics he took of his miniature. If you need more info about the miniature head over at my site.(see my sig).

Old 10-22-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

wonderful! (although, im seeing hints of one my my all time fav. cars here) the car looks great, im sure it sounds amazing too... any idea how successful the car was in racing? that particular era definately had some great races, but historically, interest just had started waning right about that time (mainly due to the oil embargo)

i loved the single seat sportscar racers of the era, and somewhere floating around is a superb video of Mario Andretti racing w/Ferrari for a season, including the Targa Floria... that was absolutely mad!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
il matto