Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
Global Warming
Regular User

Default Who is getting The Godfather next Tuesday?!?

Damn, I have been waiting for this game for a year now. I hope its as good as it looks. The 2002 game Mafia is my favorite game ever so I'm hoping this will be similar. It will be an open map type game like Mafia and GTA, etc.

Add to that that GF I & II are on my top 10 favorite movies of all time list and this game looks so damn cool!

Cant wait!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Fleischmann
Regular User

Default Re: Who is getting The Godfather next Tuesday?!?

Originally Posted by Global Hemisphere
It will be an open map type game like Mafia and GTA, etc.
^^that's because, as far as I know, they bought the engine from Rockstar. So it will basically be GTA with different graphics, storyline etc. I heard that the beta version of the game had many shortfalls, but I hope they fices those in time for the premiere. Since you mentioned Mafia *looks for CD to install game*
Old 03-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Global Warming
Regular User

Just got it!!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Well how is it then? I bet it's just like MAFIA, isn't it? It sure looked the exact same.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Well how is it then? I bet it's just like MAFIA, isn't it? It sure looked the exact same.
Well I just played the opening mission. Yes the period NYC looks almost exactly like "Lost Heaven". But they have screwed up the controls! All the GTA games (which this was built off of) had great keyboard and mouse controls but they have changed it so it totally sucks to play on PC with K+M!! You have to play it with a controller and I hate the 3rd person shooter parts with a controller. I always play GTA games with M+K for on foot, and controller for driving.

Also the graphics are REALLY out of date! I would say it's graphics are not much better than 2002's Mafia. That’s a real disappointment.

Still it does seem pretty cool with a good story line so I should be able to get into it if I can ever get used to these bullshit controls!! They added all this crap like you can lock onto and grab a hold of a guy two different ways while you are beating the shit out of him. Really stupid!! There was nothing wrong with the way you beat the shit out of people in GTA and/or Mafia in the first place!!

I can see why Gamespot only gave this game an 8.1… So far I would say 7.5…
Old 03-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
blinkmeat
Regular User

Hmmm... When's Mafia II coming out?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #7
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
Hmmm... When's Mafia II coming out?
I have heard both that there will be a Mafia II and that there wont be. I think the project has been stopped and started like 3 times and people have quit etc.

So I still don’t know if there ever will be a Mafia II. If anyone has any new info please post it!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
Global Warming
Regular User

Upadate!:

THIS GAME SUCKS!!! Do not buy for PC! The controls are so bad it makes the game virtually unplayable!! What a major disappointment! I would not even waist your time on it on Xbox or PS2.

What a waist of what could have been a great game
:cry: :fist:
Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

it a cool game.. my only probs with it is the lame draw distance and it seems to be unfixable.. and the controls are a little funny.. but really a fun game!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

I remember mafia, damn it was great. Dont know how you guys think Godfather has better graphics. My friend got Godfather and I remember Mafia having better ones.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
Regular User

the game was released in Sydney maybe 2 monthes ago.

I've finished the game on XBOX, it is such a good game, the graphics and special effects (like bomb blowing up) are much better than San Andreas.

and you get to use weapons like tommy gun.

save your money in the beginning and don;t buy too many safe houses, instead get a weapon upgrade
Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

just finished the game like 2 days ago.. just have left to collect all the shit and open the safes.. was fun.. could have been even better with a little more work on it from EAs side..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #13
maja
Regular User

I had this game few weeks ago and it's not worth playing. If you really like Mafia or GTA you will be suprised here.
It's meant to be like it but it's worst. The city is boring, everything is quite the same in the city. the handling is stupid as hell and the graphics, well i liked the Mafia from few years ago graphic much more. It all was so great when I was reading about it but it's not. The only nice things are that there are some new possibilities. With robbering Fighting , talking, many methods of execution people and the possibility to horrify people and make them pay you. But overall it's boring. If they add to Mafia 2 all the new stuff you can find in Godfather the Mafia 2 will be The Game of The year for sure.
maja is offline   Reply With Quote