Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-21-2006, 02:48 AM   #16
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
GT4 sucks.
i agree to a degree (hehe) for a normal gamer it just becomes insanely hard. and there are little things that just make you go mad. As with forza. Mix the two and you will have a perfect game.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:54 AM   #17
360modenalover
Regular User

A spec points is all about bragging, the b spec points, you win a car or cars after accumulating a lot of points
360modenalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:33 AM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by JaguarEtype
is a fully worked up (NOS + 4th stage turbo = 1054BHP) Audi R8 race car good enough for these 24H races? (ie the AI will put up the good fight), and what car did you use TT?

oh and nthfinity a good race for monies (if your interested) is the German touring car race (i use a fully equiped Merc CLK touring car) for about 30 mins work you get:
$75000 (championship)
+ 5x$15000 (races)
+ $743749 (Mercedes CLK GTR race car)
the total is $893749
this is how i fund most of my activities, like the Audi R8 and my 18 Jaguar XJ220's (all colours + race car)
(ps if you know an easier/quicker race that get more dosh let me know
i've gotten to the point where i can win any race i set out to actually win... and for money, not much is easier then then the 200 laps @ leguna Seca in any car (f1/R8/Speed 8/Toyota GT1/any group C car/ supercar w/good setup) do b-spec on 3x speed, and finish the race in well under an hour... $200,000 + 69 Gulf GT40 = +$750,000 = EASY MONEY

nos doenst help the AI... and if you mess up, and use it too judiciously... well, its gone too soon

just because im only some odd percent done doesnt mean i want to 'complete' the game... as i said, the replay value isnt what makes the game 100%.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:52 AM   #19
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Re: Are they serious!??

Originally Posted by JaguarEtype
After many months of abandoning my PS2 i've resumed playing Gran Tourismo 4, made good progress ( 83% ), however... do they seriously expect us to race for 24 hours on the Nurburgring or Sarthe?? :shock: .
Its just rediculous, at most i can play 2 maybe 3 hours a day (id be well fed up by then)
so really is it 24 hours?,
If so.... for those who endured it to the bitter end how long did it take you (including breaks.. sleep etc) .... and how did you feel at the end LOL
I B Spec-ed, split the time between my brother and I. Took about 10 hours @ 3x fast forward.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:25 AM   #20
Vansquish
Regular User

I think I ran all the 24 hour races with different cars. The Bentley Speed 8 was a good one, the Sauber C9 was good for some, but limited by the 5speed tranny, the CLK GTR was actually what I ran most of my endurance races with though. It's not ideal, but it gets the job done against the enduro AI.

As for strategy...I usually run a stint on my own, do a pitstop, see how far ahead I am after that and then either continue into a second stint or let the computer take over for the rest of the race, checking in occasionally to see how my "driver" is doing and whether or not he needs relief. In B-spec I use level 3 most of the time because it's nice and steady but not too slow and on 4 a good chunk of the time in the cars I run my "driver" seems to catch the grass and spin.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #21
taygunho
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I'm running NOW the 24h Le Mans race with the 'black' Nissan R92CP or whatever is called... It has a 5-speed 'box, but it's still way faster than the competence. After 2h25, I'm leading by 1'15". I'm using B-Spec level 3. Easy!
Black r92cp? I had black r320gt1 and toyotas black racer but I didn't find that one. But normal version is very fast car.
I didn't run this race. I will run it this weekend but I will try it with Saubar c9.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^^
one week to get the 'black' race cars in the used market... i think you need 8,000,000 or so to get all of them; they are only in the market for "1 week" game time; and come on day 700, 1400, 2100 etc.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #23
Zarkoff500
Regular User

Then there is the 'all black' F1... that I've never found does someone know how can I get one??
Get 100%.
Zarkoff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Then there is the 'all black' F1... that I've never found does someone know how can I get one??
i think it's supposed to be a black+grey+some decals F1...
ceriously enough; that is the only F1 car i've gotten in the game... nobody else i know has it in that form...