Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 01-23-2008, 02:25 AM   #1126
rkplover
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT View Post
He was last seen online on Jan the 6th actually.
No posts still.
rkplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 AM   #1127
magwheel
Regular User

Talking Haven't gone anywhere... just laying low!

Originally Posted by TT View Post
He was last seen online on Jan the 6th actually.
Hi Guys..... I'm still around! Sorry for the absence but really nothing new has really happened over here. I still have almost the same line-up. But I did just sell the CLK63AMG Black Series.

Like I've done in the past, I'll buy a car on impulse and then it will just sit around and yeah... I'll occasionally drive it but essentially it sits and doesn't get its proper exercise. So rather than pay insurance and take up space in the driveway, I decided to sell her.

I can't remember, but I think I told you about me picking up a S65 Mercedes. I'm really loving that car. Fast as hell for a cruise ship! That's kinda it for now. I'll come back on in a few days or so and give some added 'words of wisdom' from a 'wacko' car nut.

Take care. Talk to you all soon. Mags
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 AM   #1128
rkplover
Regular User

Originally Posted by magwheel View Post
Hi Guys..... I'm still around! Sorry for the absence but really nothing new has really happened over here. I still have almost the same line-up. But I did just sell the CLK63AMG Black Series.

Like I've done in the past, I'll buy a car on impulse and then it will just sit around and yeah... I'll occasionally drive it but essentially it sits and doesn't get its proper exercise. So rather than pay insurance and take up space in the driveway, I decided to sell her.

I can't remember, but I think I told you about me picking up a S65 Mercedes. I'm really loving that car. Fast as hell for a cruise ship! That's kinda it for now. I'll come back on in a few days or so and give some added 'words of wisdom' from a 'wacko' car nut.

Take care. Talk to you all soon. Mags
Hi there Mags, good to hear from you again. Black series gone? Well, you are true to your style, cars changing quickly Any plans yet for a replacement? F430 Scuderia maybe? How about R8?
rkplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:09 PM   #1129
inso
Regular User

Welcome back Mags, any more news of the gt2 you told us last time

I really had been missing you, your stories and your colourful writing style, it is interesting to read, in any topic, animals in your driveway, your ex-wife or pets. etc. c u soon.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #1130
master_jcp
Regular User

I am not sure about the A8. See every week 1-3. Nice car, nice sound, but if I see a Aston I say wow but there, ok the new Audi, but in a half year you see them like Porsche 997`s.

Mag, whats about a Aston-Martin DBS?

Here is the 200k$ beast.
master_jcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #1131
magwheel
Regular User

Wink To Dream the Impossible Dream

Originally Posted by master_jcp View Post
I am not sure about the A8. See every week 1-3. Nice car, nice sound, but if I see a Aston I say wow but there, ok the new Audi, but in a half year you see them like Porsche 997`s.

Mag, whats about a Aston-Martin DBS?

Here is the 200k$ beast.
Well master_jcp, Since you were the last one to hit my car post, I'll address this to you first and then all my other 'friends' here at what was once the good 'ole' Jabbas World. I don't know what caused the transition but the world changes everyday, every hour and every minute...... and so do I.

Just when I thought I was done buying cars for a while because of my love with my present car line-up, I went into a 'Hallucinogenic' heat for of all things..... a Ferrari Enzo!!! Why do I say 'hallucinogenic'? Are you 'kiddin'? Even me, the 'lowly' old Magwheel (I did just turn 60 this year), can have dreams of things that we think will probably never come true, right? Well I must have rubbed the right magic lamp because in the last week of April, after searching 'high and low' and daydreaming endlessly, my impossible, improbable, inconceivable and unimaginable dream came true! I bought a 2003 Ferrari Enzo!

Yeah, I possibly could have bought an Enzo some time back if I would have sold three or four of my other cars, something I vouched I would never do, but somehow I was able to work things out.... and have my cake and eat it too!

She's beautiful, Red with Red leather interior. She is only a one and a 'half' car owner car with 3087 miles on her ticker. Yes, there were some other Enzos out there with lower miles but they were obviously higher priced and most were in California and Florida. Seeing and feeling and hearing them was a little tough since I'm afraid to fly! The one I got was here in Ohio and I was able to rub my 'little grubby' hands all over the car. When the guy started in up, I wet my pants! OMG!

My Girlfriend and I took her out Thursday night to a restaurant and it was unreal. The sound, the ride, the feel and the adrenalin rush was absolutely fantastic! The F1 is a manual shift 'only' upwards and like my 06 Green Murcielago was, she'll eventually shift downwards by herself although not in a performance mode. You have to be going fairly slow for her to downshift into the next lower gear. Lots of facts and figures to come when I'm able to evaluate her a lot better.

I'm really happy to be back here with something decent to talk about so I'm not boring all of you. Give me a little more seat time with her, a week or so, and I'll do a review and hopefully post some really sharp pictures of the 'little Red' Enzo taken on a nice, bright sunny day. Take care everyone, Magwheel

p.s. If I may, I'd like to add two quotes that I guess will fit my and hopefully someday your situation. One is very famous and one is anonymous.

1) "When you dream, dream BIG, and never give up. There's no law that says you have to dream small. Your dream is just that, yours!"

2) “There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?” Robert Francis Kennedy ( U.S. attorney general and adviser, 1925-1968)
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #1132
nthfinity
Regular User

Michael, was this the car just down the road at Marshall Goldman ( I think that's the name) that are selling an F50, 288, and F40 as well ?

Mega CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase.... Every Enzo owner I know favor her over EVERY other car EVER made. The car is loud, vicious, aggressive, offensive, and pure automotive sex on wheels.... the way the sound reverberates through the cabin... the way that even at a lowly 4000 rpm, it is so loud, it's hard to hear your own inner monologue (with the tubi exhaust anyway)

Thanks again, for sharing your continuous passion with us dreamers
Old 05-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #1133
acmarttin
Regular User

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaayyyyyyyy....

CONGRATS MAGS!!!!!!

I wish you many happy and SAFE miles in your new toy. And I also wish I lived in Ohio so I could ask for a ride

I'm going to make a sign for your garage to hang over the Enzo that reads, simply, "Eddie Griffin" As inspiration every time you fire 'er up Can't wait for pics!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #1134
SinRS
Regular User

Magwheels, you have an amazing line-up of cars and it's a priviledge to read about them in here. Congratulations for making your dream purchase! Enzo is one of a kind car in the history of cars!
SinRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 AM   #1135
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Congrats Mags! Good to have you back Nice to hear you bought the Enzo, can't wait for your pics and review. Have fun with her!
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #1136
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #1137
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

damn Michael, congrats! too bad I couldn't workout enough free time when i was in the US to come and visit
waiting anxiously for some pictures

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #1138
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Michael, was this the car just down the road at Marshall Goldman ( I think that's the name) that are selling an F50, 288, and F40 as well ?

Mega CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase.... Every Enzo owner I know favor her over EVERY other car EVER made. The car is loud, vicious, aggressive, offensive, and pure automotive sex on wheels.... the way the sound reverberates through the cabin... the way that even at a lowly 4000 rpm, it is so loud, it's hard to hear your own inner monologue (with the tubi exhaust anyway)

Thanks again, for sharing your continuous passion with us dreamers
Yep... That's the one. It really is an outrageous car. I took her out again tonight to a restaurant and boy what a job keeping an eye on her. I gave the hostess a little tip to watch the Enzo since she could just glance out the window and get me every time there were lookers.

I don't mind people looking but you kinda get worried that someone might damage her somehow. One lady asked her boyfriend or husband to take a picture next to the car and saw me watching her and said nicely, "Don't worry, I'm not leaning on the car!" I said "you can lean on her but please be careful." She got so excited I thought she was gonna pass out!

Thanks everyone for the 'kudos' and I hope I won't disappoint you with my review.See you all soon. Magwheel
Old 05-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #1139
SinRS
Regular User

Originally Posted by magwheel View Post
Yep... That's the one. It really is an outrageous car. I took her out again tonight to a restaurant and boy what a job keeping an eye on her. I gave the hostess a little tip to watch the Enzo since she could just glance out the window and get me every time there were lookers.

I don't mind people looking but you kinda get worried that someone might damage her somehow. One lady asked her boyfriend or husband to take a picture next to the car and saw me watching her and said nicely, "Don't worry, I'm not leaning on the car!" I said "you can lean on her but please be careful." She got so excited I thought she was gonna pass out!
So that is the Ferrari effect on girls? Im sure if the Enzo doesn't do it by herself, showing all your Ferraris the result can be compared to the Axe effect

I used to worry my heart out when parking my late new car in narrow parking spots. I wouldn't leave from the car at all if it were an Enzo
SinRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #1140
inso
Regular User

Really nice to see you again Mags and Congrats on the Enzo.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote