Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 12-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #46
Jabba
Regular User

What are you downloading ?
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #47
saadie
Regular User

torrents maybe ? :roll:
Old 12-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #48
Jabba
Regular User

Well if so at what speed...if its the usual speed then he might get it by tommorow...1 hour to got for the hi-res 250 MB veyron video..which you can download at http speed of course.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #49
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Well if so at what speed...if its the usual speed then he might get it by tommorow...1 hour to got for the hi-res 250 MB veyron video..which you can download at http speed of course.
1 hour from now ... whohaaaa !!!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #50
Anonymous

Well Top Gear is now mainstream. As such the release groups who aren't kiddies who are wondering if they have their aerial plugged in release it. Somehow there is a 700mb rip about already, of course we don't talk of such things here, but just wanted to let you know it isn't our old friends
Anyway torrents suck because i can't use them here and well there are too many leeches about :bah:
Old 12-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #51
Jabba
Regular User

Well I could probably match their encoding time of a 700 MB ripp but its my crappy upload speed that is the real bottle neck..saying that they must have got it out of the UK somehow so they must have a really fast upload connection somewhere.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #52
Anonymous

Well I could probably match their encoding time of a 700 MB ripp but its my crappy upload speed that is the real bottle neck..saying that they must have got it out of the UK somehow so they must have a really fast upload connection somewhere.
indeed, SDSL or multiple people from the group upload for sure to get it up this quick. Although the fact that it is up doesn't necessarily mean the speed will be any good of course, again to many leeches about :roll:
Old 12-11-2005, 08:06 PM   #53
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL
indeed, SDSL or multiple people from the group upload for sure to get it up this quick. Although the fact that it is up doesn't necessarily mean the speed will be any good of course, again to many leeches about :roll:
bah, id rather know exactly what im getting, and a good idea when its coming

besides... whats there to discuss with a bunch of leeches about a show we all enjoy? this is 100,000% better... besides beeing a direct link
Old 12-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #54
PATo355
Regular User

Actually with your crappy connection you can upload it to JW and i can get it faster than they do ... just checked the site they got a 700mb rip and there are like 3 seeders and 1000 leechers ... so it wont download for a couple of weeks .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #55
Anonymous

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by AL
bah, id rather know exactly what im getting, and a good idea when its coming

besides... whats there to discuss with a bunch of leeches about a show we all enjoy? this is 100,000% better... besides beeing a direct link
Exactly, thats why when its not possible to offer such videos anymore, JW will still be strong and certain others probably won't. JW is about alot mroe than a few vids
Old 12-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #56
saadie
Regular User

it isnt really necessary to upload a file to a server ... only if you are hosting files on you own computer ..... and a very fast internet with alot of bandwidth to waste ....
btw which 'old friends' are we talking about ?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #57
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
it isnt really necessary to upload a file to a server ... only if you are hosting files on you own computer ..... and a very fast internet with alot of bandwidth to waste ....
btw which 'old friends' are we talking about ?
FinalQueers
Old 12-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #58
mburer

say that again in english that actually makes some sense ?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #59
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan
say that again in english that actually makes some sense ?
That you dont need to upload the files to a server ,you can have a lot of upstream in your house and serve it from there ...

Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #60
saadie
Regular User

files can be shared from any computer using IIS right .... so if you directly download a file form my PC .. the time of uploading a file to the server will be saved ......