Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 04-03-2005, 01:16 AM   #16
xxleasxx
Regular User

Originally Posted by Titanboy_24
wow, thats a serious upgrade! I was going to get a Pro 1, but I decided on the D70 instead. The 1 feature you will fall in love with is the vari-angle LCD monitor. I know you like to get the low ground shots and the LCD is PERFECT for that, theres going to be some great pics coming from that camera!
yes you are correct, the lcd is infact my favourite feature! Ive developed a new love for elevated shots that look down to the car, but Ive also seen how easy the ground shots are! I noticed that a polarizing filter is now a must and will look into purchasing one in the near future.
What filters do you have for the D70? and how big of a difference have they made in your photography? How has the transition been for you?
Im still getting used to using a hood and having to unclip the lens cover. Simple as it may seem, its something that I need to work on because Ive missed a few good photo ops because I havent been able to take it off quick enough.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:23 AM   #17
Titanboy_24
Regular User

I have a polarizing, UV and Skylight filters for my D70. It has been a HUGE transition between my A80 and the D70 as they are completley different cameras. I found that the most effect has been with the manual focus. With my A80 I could only focus on what the camera wanted to focus on, but with the D70 you are able to manually focus and therefore it lets you get creative.
When I was reaserching the Pro 1 I was really impressed with the zoom and focusing features, I think you are also able to manual focus by holding down a button and twisting the lens?
It's funny you should mention the lens cap, I have had the EXACT same experience with my camera. I saw a 360 spider passing me on the road, so I whipped out my camera and took an amazing picture of the black lens cap. By the time I took it off it was already gone, I guess it takes some getting used to.
Titanboy_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #18
xxleasxx
Regular User

Batch 3 NYIAS
Old 04-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #19
xxleasxx
Regular User

hey peeps the website is done but not up yet as I still havent uploaded the finalized images... I am in dire need of some feedback.I have finished editing the first batch of pictures for the site. I have decided to set a minimum standard of 1600xwhatever so that everyone may enjoy the pictures to the fullest. I have also gone with High Compression so that people of dialup wont have ot weait an eternity to load the images.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #20
TT
Regular User

My lttle suggestion. Try to keep all the pics at 1600x1200, or at least the same aspect ration, so that all the thumbs are the same size, if all the thumbs are different like the last 4, it won't look as good
Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #21
xxleasxx
Regular User

should i just fill in the extra space with blackness or should i just avoid trimming the fat on the images?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #22
xxleasxx
Regular User

Couldent resist.. Spotted this baby today..

Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #23
dingo
Regular User

wow....thats definately a rare sighting, is it the first S7 you have seen on the road?
Apparently only one is coming to Australia, but on the other side of me so not much chance of seeing it
Old 04-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #24
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by xxleasxx
should i just fill in the extra space with blackness or should i just avoid trimming the fat on the images?
Well, would be just easier to crop an resize them with the correct proportions already
but if it's too late, yes I would add some black
Old 04-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #25
No.1
Regular User

Great Saleen pic 8)

I'm looking forward to the launch of your sight, but maybe you should make individual thumbnails, they look a bit scratchy currently
Old 04-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #26
xxleasxx
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
wow....thats definately a rare sighting, is it the first S7 you have seen on the road?
Apparently only one is coming to Australia, but on the other side of me so not much chance of seeing it
its def the first time that ive seen one on the street but it certainly isnt really considered a street sighting in my book.. on the net yes but not in my book.
the car was getting test driven by a potential owner so it wasnt really out in the wild. The dealership that its from supplied alot of the super exotics that were on display in NYIAS.. Some one working there suggested I apply for a job.. unfortunately Ive never learned to drive stick! I need to learn ASAP.. oh well..
Old 04-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #27
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by xxleasxx
Originally Posted by dingo
its def the first time that ive seen one on the street but it certainly isnt really considered a street sighting in my book.. on the net yes but not in my book.
the car was getting test driven by a potential owner so it wasnt really out in the wild. The dealership that its from supplied alot of the super exotics that were on display in NYIAS.. Some one working there suggested I apply for a job.. unfortunately Ive never learned to drive stick! I need to learn ASAP.. oh well..
As a car-lover, if i lived in the US i would have chosen to learn driving a "stick" or "manual" ... maybe it's easier for me to say, 'cos i live in a manual orientated country.

Good luck with learning, though, i'm starting soon (i can drive, i just need to learn how to drive safely on the roads, roundabouts etc...)