Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-19-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
aks
Regular User

Default JW Cricket Topic

ok, since there's only been one other cricket topic on JW since i've been here (and that was started by yours truly as well) i thought it's time to have an official topic for cricket

please discuss all happenings in cricket here

for those of you who don't know a thing here are 2 good sites to learn the rules of cricket:
http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/hoski...xplanation.htm
http://www.lords.org/cricket/laws.asp

here's the latest on the cricket front:

NZ vs. Aus in Aus 1st Test
Kiwis were dwindling at 138/5 but a good century from Oram got them on track to reach 353 all out. Right now Aus is 194/4 with Ponting and Martyn bein the only men to score a half-century for their side so far. But Aus looks to surely win the series easily.

Ind vs. SA in Ind
India will start their test against SA tmrw and is expected to win the series, a good confidence booster after that shocker against Aus. SA hold the trophy atm, but India should win it back.

Eng vs. Zim in Zim
England have embarked on their tour of Zimbabwe, with many players not happy to go, but the show must go on and a thrashing by the Poms is expected.

that's the latest, pls keep this topic alive! cricket is too good a topic to go to waste

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
aks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:46 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

its just that there are not many cricket fans at JW.....most of the European and Nth American members don't know much about it.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:00 AM   #3
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
its just that there are not many cricket fans at JW.....most of the European and Nth American members don't know much about it.
yep, and that's why i've posted links to the rules, hopefully can start a craze

My Car: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed 5-Door (Black Exterior/Red Leather Interior/Sunroof/17 inch Alloys/Tinted Windows/Rear Parking Sensors)
Old 11-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Well... judging by the 12-hour respinse to your topic... seems you are the minority. So if there isn't a good response to this, please don't post anything else about the game. I can't stand that... a bit like Raduchera who bumped up his old topic everytime he learnt a new skill on PS

Good luck drumming up support for cricket, however, i won't be joining in on this one
Old 11-19-2004, 06:29 PM   #5
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
So if there isn't a good response to this, please don't post anything else about the game.
ok, deal

Old 11-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #6
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Cricket is pretty interesting and fun. I am also indian AKS.
Pimp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by pimpracer
Cricket is pretty interesting and fun. I am also indian AKS.
good stuff man, let's keep this topic alive!

Old 11-19-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Cricket is awesome.

Fuck all you wicket-haters...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:19 PM   #9
dingo
Regular User

I disagree with what you said thenumber1, if aks wants to keep this topic up-to-date with the latest news on cricket he should be free to do so. If it doesn't interest you then just don't visit this thread.
BTW, I thought most guys in the UK liked cricket....or did they get turned off the game because they keep losing the Ashes?
I'll try to help keep this alive, but my only interest is in the Aussie series (NZ at the moment and Pakistan coming up).
Old 11-19-2004, 11:22 PM   #10
heath
Regular User

what the hell is cricket??

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 AM   #11
aks
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
I disagree with what you said thenumber1, if aks wants to keep this topic up-to-date with the latest news on cricket he should be free to do so. If it doesn't interest you then just don't visit this thread.
BTW, I thought most guys in the UK liked cricket....or did they get turned off the game because they keep losing the Ashes?
I'll try to help keep this alive, but my only interest is in the Aussie series (NZ at the moment and Pakistan coming up).
LOL, thanks for the support dingo!

anyway, Aus beat NZ by innings and 156 runs, highlights included Clarke's and Gilchrist's centuries, and a half century by Glenn Mcgrath!!!!

S.A is chuggin along againt India, century from Hall and 5 wickets from Kumble!!! India's best bowler ever by far. S.A. is on 408/6 as i type this.

Old 11-21-2004, 05:43 AM   #12
dingo
Regular User

That was a disappointing end to the AUS v NZ match.....ended to quickly and easily, I mean surely they could manage more than 72 all out (or whatever it was). :shock: McGrath's innings was good to see....and Clarke just keeps getting better.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:22 AM   #13
detsan
Regular User

Have to say that the 3rd day was by far the best day of the match; Clarke and Gilchrist in full flight was amazing!
I didn't think there would be anyone to show up the striking power of Gilly; but Clarke has the brutal power of a Viv Richards and if he had not got impatient or tired then a big century was in the offing.
That will come with experience and it is good to see a player enjoy their cricket.
Not too much positive came out of the game from the NZ perspective; Jacob Oram played well in the 1st innings under pressure and was unlucky in the second. Daniel Vettori bowled well and showed his considerable talent.
NZ seem to be capable of matching Australia for commitment but cannot seem to sustain it for the required 5 days.
To see Glenn McGrath and Dizzy Belt the crap out of the tired NZ attack must have been hard to take for the NZ side; put them in a negative mindset to try and survive.
Clarke drive a BMW roadster Z3 type (M roadster ?), not a bad car for a young bloke! (was on the cricket show)
Old 11-21-2004, 07:44 AM   #14
aks
Regular User

it seems to me that Australia is jus going through the biggest patch of greatness ever in world cricket

if u ask me, i don't think there's a single team in history greater than the current one, every player is able to rise to the occasion when the situation requires

i had thought that India was the only challenge to their throne, but now even they have been comprehensively beaten on their own turf it seems that the Aussies are truly 'The Untouchables' of world cricket

i wish Aus would play Katich instead of Lehmann tho, he's imo a much better player

Old 11-21-2004, 08:01 AM   #15
sikx5
Regular User

keep the topic updated dude, i will particpate more once i finish my assesment items! there has to be more cricket fans amoung us ?