Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-15-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
tigerx
Regular User

Default SEGA GT 2002/ONLINE

Anyone here play this game??? it's on XBOX only and is the second best driving game for the xbox after PGR2. and it cost like 29.99 canadian .
Old 02-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I used to play. Got sick of it.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

I am very disappointed with SegaGT2002 Online.

The graphics took a step backwards - the car models look like some beginner models that appeared in the early days of Need Forspeed 3 and 4 - when all the world went crazy creating custom cars for the NFS franchise.

I played GT2002 and then GT2002 Online backtp back to get a good judge - and it seems they reduced or somehow altered the polys on the car models to perhaps cater for the inevitable lag situations (that did occur on the 3 online races I had)

The Sega's need to ask the PGR2 netcode programmers to tell them how they managed to keep the graphics AND online play so smooth.

BUT- BUT - The biggest letdown is that you CANNOT (at least I have not found a way) cars from your GT2003 garage into your online game.

All you can do is a ONE TIME upload of 100,000 credits from a GT2002 savegame to a GT2002 Online game.

And - you can only have ONE GT2002 Online save game per XBox Live account - so if you don't be careful (like I did GGRRRRRR) you can over-write your current game and be up shit creek.

All in all Sega GT2002 Online, is too little too late - in the face of PGR2...

As always your milage may vary....

p.s. I have been having a lot of fun with Group S Challenge - If you can imagine Best Motoring on the XBox... Heaps of fun.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:27 PM   #4
i_hate_the_enzo
Regular User

i played it for a while, but in my opinion its no competition for the entire gran turismo series. not to slam sega gt, but i just think gran turismo is alot better.
i_hate_the_enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:05 AM   #5
tigerx
Regular User

well no duh it's no competition for GT. but's it's a lot of gaming for only 29.99$ plus i have the original GT 2002 and i enjoy that game thoroughly. but it's like the only real simulation game for the XBOX.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
well no duh it's no competition for GT. but's it's a lot of gaming for only 29.99$ plus i have the original GT 2002 and i enjoy that game thoroughly. but it's like the only real simulation game for the XBOX.
So you figure because it costs less, it's ok for Sega GT2002Online to be a step backwards from Sega GT2002?
Old 02-16-2004, 05:39 PM   #7
tigerx
Regular User

well i don't think they did anything wrong wit it. the game still play absolutely fine for me. the graphics look a lil better. THe part where you said that you can only transfer money to the new game is not that bad, so wut you start the game again, if you don't then wut's the point of even playing??? at least they gave you some extra cash man.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:19 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
well i don't think they did anything wrong wit it. the game still play absolutely fine for me. the graphics look a lil better. THe part where you said that you can only transfer money to the new game is not that bad, so wut you start the game again, if you don't then wut's the point of even playing??? at least they gave you some extra cash man.
The whole poitn was to be able to "continue where you left off" in the first edition - and all the reviews mislead folks into thinking the cars would be transferable.

The online portion is not as good as PGR2 - so in the end, why have it?

Sega knew this going in - thats why the cost was lower. It was not an improvement over the first one in my opinion - and has already been traded back to GameStop...
Old 02-16-2004, 10:56 PM   #9
tigerx
Regular User

well this is like an expansion pack. 29.99 for 40+ cars, 2 tracks, competition for prizes online (even though it lag), trading online, downloadable parts and cars, a much better soundtrack, and improve physic doens't sound too bad of a deal to me. plus i got PGR2 and NFS:U and Rallisport already, and i've finish every single one of them i finished NFS twice and PGR2 on all gold and rallisport once. and none of those title provide me with more hours of entertainment then sega GT 2002. not even PGR2.