Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
5vz-fe
Regular User

Default Another Case of Canadians getting Gouged by their Wireless Company

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/456795

Incoming text messages will cost for Bell and Telus clients without bundle

THE CANADIAN PRESS
TORONTO – Bell Mobility (TSX: BCE) and Telus Mobility (TSX: T) will start charging wireless customers that do not subscribe to a text message bundle as part of their calling plan 15 cents per incoming text message later this summer.
Bell customers will start paying the new charge on Aug. 8, while Telus customers will not see the new charge until Aug. 24. Previously incoming text messages were free.
Wireless users who subscribe to a text message bundle as part of their calling plan will not be affected by the change, both companies said Tuesday.
Rogers Wireless (TSX: RCI.B) does not currently charge for incoming text messages.
What's next? Shall we pay for the mail we recieve in our mailbox?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

LOL, well, at least you get free healthecare..

(sorry man - couldn't pass that one ups hehe)
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

LOL, no worry man, it's all good. Quite abit of our tax goes into the healthcare system, but I guess I did use a fair share of it, so I shouldn't complain too much about it.

Ever since our Rogers iphone fiasco (http://www.thestar.com/article/450877), I guess Bell and Telus marketing team are working hard to think to get their share of customer screwing.

Not to mention the S2000 that cost 34,300 in the states are selling 50,600 here in Canada with the exchange rate of almost 1 to 1. If I could exchange 1 to 1 my Canadian citizenship with a US one, I will do that in a blink.

At least for cars, they can argue that it cost more money to sell the same amount of cars given the volume difference is almost 10 to 1, but the sad thing is some Canadian companies sell their made in Canada products cheaper in the states than in Canada....<sigh>.

Last edited by 5vz-fe; 07-09-2008 at 12:04 AM.
5vz-fe is offline   Reply With Quote