Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #16
philip
Regular User

Picked up the 750gb at Fry's after going to BestBuy it was $100 more there, they would match the price but I had to bring in the ad which I didnt have.

Right clicking on the drive didnt work for me. The only option it seemed to give under format was to use Ntsb or whatever it is called.

Googled Fat32 found this site and downloaded it and with a lot of faith ran the program.

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...at32format.htm

The demon in the site address seem scary, but the site seemed straightfoward so I took a chance.

Drive seems to work and the diskmgmt command seems to now show its fat32.

Copied some files to it seems to work fine so I hooked it up to the Pinnacle device which now shows it is working. I am converting very old beta from 1982 to digital. The tapes were recorded once and put away, there is a lot of drop outs (white snow) but not too bad considering the age.

I'll start on some car stuff in a day or two.

Thanks for everyones help.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #17
marcefer
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
yep, typical internet bullshit..
XP will not let you format drives bigger than 32GB with FAT32.
typical internet bullshit?
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #18
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

you could of at least posted how to format over 32gb instead of just being a dick.

philip, follow these instructions to format upto a 2TB (fat32 limit) drive:
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...at32format.htm
Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #19
marcefer
Regular User

yep, typical internet bullshit..
you could of at least posted how to format over 32gb instead of just being a dick.
In fact I was trying to revive an old hard drive, to test a solution before posting a wrong advice. Bad luck that old drive still refuses to work.
Setting aside irrelevant discussions, the important issue is try to help our mate Philip.
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
Alelanza
Regular User

Eh, actually he already found his solution. Point here i think was, this is an online forum, we were all trying to help the guy, no need to post 'bullshit' comments. All the more so if our advice is not entirely accurate either, and just as 'bullshit' as the previous ones.
Alelanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #21
philip
Regular User

Well its working. I had to update the firmware on the Pinnacle device (even though it was brand new) for it to work properly. Thank goodness Pinnacle has a forum where everyone can go and share there similar problems.

MP4 format is not supported by my version of real player, so I got a freeware version of PLC or something like that which will play the MP4 format.

To update the firmware I had to use a flash drive, well with all the hot drive swiching out, my computer forgot who it was and crashed a few times but with a little rebooting and a reset to a previous good date, my computer is working again and all is well.

Svideo seems to download with no problems. The 25 year old beta actually looks pretty good even though resolution wasnt a word they used with video cameras back then. This was so far back you had a camera only and a separate box you hung around your neck to record the video on. Amazing how far technology has progressed.

Only problem now is the beta is so bad the Pinnacle box looses the signal and thinks the session is over and times out, stopping the whole process early. I was hoping to do this unattended but that may not be the case now.

Looking for some car tapes.