Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 10-20-2003, 03:56 AM   #31
Chingachgook
Regular User

I like it, totally new car, designed and engineered to be a proper driver's car.
Shame it'll be only offered with paddle-shifter, manual gearchange made by Honda are among the best in the world. Gordon Murray took the NSX gearbox as inspiration for the McLaren F1...
Old 10-20-2003, 04:17 AM   #32
altezza
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I reallly like this car. I will photoshop the first pic to take the TOKYO... words out and keep it in my collection lol.
First pic without the word tokyo
altezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:25 PM   #33
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

The front clearly looks NSX, I think the windows look very Enzo-ish don't you think? but to be honest I think it needs some side mirrors...but overall I think the next NSX should look something like this... as many other I still have doubts about the rear....but I like it..

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:41 PM   #34
DR.GONZO
Regular User

Id pimp it !!! from the first pic it looks like the back of an enzo to me then in the third pic kinda like a wanna be zonda, but none the less it's fucking sick I would stoll that bad boy!!
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:33 PM   #35
tekwar
Regular User

That cant be a japanese car !!! I just cant believe it.
I agree the car seems to have "borrowed" a few styling elements.

The side looks like an enzo.
The back looks like a possible skyline replacement.
The trunk looks a bit like a zonda, and has the transparent cover that looks similar to a 360 ferrari.

but heck, it still looks pretty darn good. But isnt it a big short for a "super car"...hah. and that engine looks pathetic when compared to the likes of a zonda, but i guess thats not being too fair.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 11:38 PM   #36
maalox
Regular User

Some info:

The engine is a bored (and stroked??) version of the current 3.2 liter, with volume increasing to 3.5 L and output at "300+" hp. The transmission will be a new six speed sequential manual. The car's design places an emphasis on exotic materials--notably carbon fiber and aluminum; the aim is to bring about a similar change in design thinking as the previous NSX (which was one of the first cars to heavily use aluminum in any kind of volume production). There is also emphasis on light weight (which it will need in a world of 500 hp exotics!). Price is expected to remain near constant.

I really like it (except the back which is a bit tacky to me), and let me be the first to say that 300 hp is enough for me if it's in a good package. Can't wait for more details!
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 04:14 AM   #37
TT
Regular User

And the HSC will be in GT4 too

Old 10-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #38
maalox
Regular User

Awesome! Man I can't wait for that game to come out! The McLaren F1 made it in too (although currently they only admit a longtail race version is in--I bet (hope!!!)the road car is being kept secret until its release).
maalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 06:56 PM   #39
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

I can't wait for GT4!! I'm buying the day it comes out!...hey just one question, I never knew why ferraris, lambos or porsches weren't featured on GT3? will they be in GT4?

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Old 10-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #40
TT
Regular User

Well, the official motivation is "licenses"... and IMO no GT4 will be the same...
Old 10-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #41
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Crap! :x I was really looking forward to drive Ferraris and Lambos, well too bad...why won't Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche give the liscense to Polyphony??

Old 10-27-2003, 07:07 AM   #42
TT
Regular User

Not really sure afterall... in the last year there were LONG ASS discussions about that, but a real and true "why" is still not known as far as I know... so useless to keep trying to guess just cross your fingers
Old 10-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #43
stracing
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
Crap! :x I was really looking forward to drive Ferraris and Lambos, well too bad...why won't Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche give the liscense to Polyphony??
because they got exclusivity from EA
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote