Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #31
SilviaEvo
Regular User

it seems to fit right cept the holes in the bonnet because its too long and teh SLR engine pokes out
Old 07-03-2005, 03:34 PM   #32
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

lol, thats a new classification of wealth i think, where you can use SLR's as garden decorations
Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #33
5vz-fe
Regular User

Wow, that's damning evidence....!!!!! I guess if u have money, u have the car anyway you want it..........next project, M5 V10 in a SL body LOL
Old 07-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #34
Gx-r
Regular User

guys ,, Bin Sulayim can easilly do it possible for him ..
he owns alot of cars and $$$$ ...
Gx-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:24 AM   #35
Sydbom
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by saadie
yeha ... and imo only the amg guys would know how to do it ....
but the amg guys are goign to see the car for the first time ... weird ....

I think its kinda cool,maybe its abit to show off, but if he have done this himself (he is a former rally driver and a car fanatic) it might be he have done it cuz he likes to fiddle around with cars and got the money to fiddle around with cars like this instead of cheaper ones......

Could be true as well, but personally I would do something like fitting modern technology (and engine) into a classic car. This is kinda offtopic, but last year I saw pics of a Russian Volga that had it's roof lowered and instead of 4 it had 2 longer doors. Also some other minor appearance upgrades. But what was the real cool thing was that it had the engine and the interiour of the BMW 850CSI. It looked amazing, it is amazing. That's why I would have done something like that.

if i am not wrong this volga isnt a volga with a BMW engine and interior but its a BMW with a volga exterior! and thats a whole diffrent thing!

about the SLK, its awesome! driving around in that with the roof down....man that has to be amazing!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #36
Evil-ution
Regular User

guys.. my reply is to confirm to u that its not a PS.. its a real car i'll tell u the stroy..

Mohammed binsulayem is a guy from UAE and he is goddamn rich ( he is a retired WRC driver with lots of champion.. u can search about him ) so this guy has no problems when it comes to money..

he saw the SLR which weights nearly 1700 KG and the SLK which weights much much less, so he thought of fitting that big engine into a small car what would we get? a rocket..

its not a PS and some Emarati ppl spotted the cars.. mohammed bonsulayem has his own car designers, so don't think he got a problem fitting the Supercharger they would figure a way out. if u notice the SLR bonnet is much bigger then the SLK so the engine with its bolt won't fit, so he designed the front kit and the bonnet to fit the engine inside..

check these 2 links.. this is an arabic cars forum and there are 2 threads with the same pictures:
http://bahrainicars.com/forums/showt...&highlight=slr
http://bahrainicars.com/forums/showt...&highlight=slr

thanks u

The 4G63 Al-Mighty Engine, Best Japanese Engine Ever Built
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:42 PM   #37
Evil-ution
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
looks pretty real to me

my only question is where do you buy an SLR engine without the car?
well u can order the engine and Merc will be glad to built it for u.. BUT i heard that the engine costs 260,000 $ ( just to add buying a hole SLR is much better couse it will cost u 340,000 $ )
Evil-ution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #38
911GT1
Regular User

Ppl who got cash dont think sensibly. What they want usually get done no matter how outreageous it is. They even divert a major 8 lane highway 300meters just so that their artificial lake will look more real... only in Dubai. This SLK with the SLR business i only have one thing to say, why not? I mean if i have the cash i'll shove an enzo engine on a 360 or a 430. I'll shove a Ferrari F1 customer engine on any road car if i have the cash. M3 engine in the 1 series, why not? Heck I'll even ask McLaren to built me a 4 door SLR no matter what the cost or maybe make the R8 road legal and even more extreme built an enzo limosine. If you have the cash, why not? If you have to ask why, try to make sense of it, or critisize it... well thats why you're here on the net, talking about other ppl outreageous exotics instead of owning them. oh btw, i'm part of the ppl who try to make sense of it.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM   #39
Evo
Regular User

Hey guys.. I did not notice this post.. But I can confirm this car is real.. I never saw it but a lot of my close friends told me they did... This friend of mine knows his son. And he tells me his father. Mohammed does not let him take the car.. hehehe.. But why would he. He already got heck a lot of other toys to play with..
Old 08-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #40
5vz-fe
Regular User

I guess he'll be more busy with boobies than mercedes.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #41
Racerboy
Regular User

wow it is amazing to see that the SLR's engine can fit in a car like a SLK, I mean if it was SL55 or 65 then it would make a little more sense but for a SLK it's crazy, cool though and pretty impressive
Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #42
911GT1
Regular User

I think the AMG65 engine is even crazier than the SLR. Imagine all that torque in a car that small? I think he choose the SLR engine because it's the most powerfull engine AMG made that can be fitted (dimensionally) in the SLK. The 65 V12 will just be too wide, long, heavy and powerfull for the SLK.