Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 04-26-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default ***TT'S RIDE IN THE ENZO, REPORT & PICS ONLINE NOW!!***

This is for sure the way to open this topic... this picture will remain in my memories forever! I was inside that amazing car, ready to take off toward the horizon! What a crazy feeling guys!! And my friend took a very nice picture indeed IMO!

This one is terrible, I'm smiling like an idiot, trying to show I was happy the best I could.. the result is a small troll, with a nose bigger than his head and so on... Not really the best way to show my damn face LOL, but it's the only other pic I have while inside the Enzo and I can't simply delete or use censorship on it

Again me, this time inside the 360 Spider. If I'm laughing it just because my friend, not knowing the driver's name, to make him trun toward him together with me, simply called "Matteo?", "Kurz?".. Kurz beeing just a random German name LMAO.. and I was laughing because he actually turned toward him and look was a sweet couple we are As the Enzo's owner, he was a very nice guy, and a good driver.

But well, now that you saw me and a couple of pics, time to sit down and be ready to a huge load of words, because first comes the report, then the pics and don't even try to scroll down withouth reading
Enjoy and sorry my english

The first and by far most important line is that words can barely describe what I experienced yesterday! And not because english is just my third language... it would be impossible even in italian. The only way to really understand fully is probably just to plug something directly into my brain/heart or to try and have a quick blast in another Enzo
Anyway I will do my best. If I had this opportunity it's thanks to JW and you deserve to at least have a nice report, hoping it won't be just boring

Everything starts basically just the day before the Enzo one! It was Saturday when a strange topic about my birthday was opened :roll: strange because my B-Day will be at the end of May and for a moment I was wondering if a month passed w/o me taking note anyway, if you don't know what I am talking about, you will find that topic in the "general" section.
What st-anger did was beyond belief! I was for sure touched deeply by that! By his idea and by the number of people that actually contributed to it and made it a reality! Thanks to Jabba for providing the cash superquickly (I wonder how people could live without Paypal BTW ). Thanks to yg60m who managed to "steal" my Paypal email making up a very strange excuse LOL! Thanks to DeMoN for the graphic touch he added and thanks to all the others who put their money in this. Again, I was deeply touched by this and you have to know I really love you all (no need to specify it is a very masculine and eterosexual love)!! You gave me the craziest present a car nut could ever desire! I was impressed by how quickly all that was put together. Way less than a week! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

So after the shock caused by that topic, I began to realise I was not dreaming and while I was planning anyway to test at least a Lambo V12 and a Ferrari V8, now one of the best Ferrari V12 ever built was added to the list!! And it was just some hours away! To be sure to have the cash with me when needed, I went out in the night to collect the money already in Euro from an automatic "thing". It was 11 pm.. already time to go to bed, but I couldn't go to bed if not ready And that was a very wise move because Sunday they only accepted cash! No credit cards at all!
Anyway, back at home, I try to go to bed. The wake up planned for 4:45 am. My girlfriend not wanting to be asleep when I would have left, decided not to go to sleep, to also have more time to work on some more dolls (she does it every now and then lately, but don't call her crazy).. so I finally put my head into my pillow at around midnight, something like that... but no luck.. 1 am came, so did 2 and 3. and I was still there, eyes wide opening and seating like a pig And now that I think about it well.. I can't really see how a true car fanatic could have slept with such a day waiting for him! And beside that, my mind was full of dumb questions: despite I printed the traject and had maps with me, a trip I never did before always stress me! And then, where to park when there? Will there be a car park or just random? And then came the craziest doubt ever LOL: how to open the Enzo's door? I was not sure if somebody else would have did that for me LOL and I was unable to remember where the release button is LMAO!!!!! To funny and while I was thinking about parking and doors, I had also to try and create some pre-fabricated german sentences in case nobody would know french, italian or english
At 4:14 am I gave up and took a shower. I'm sure I lost a couple of kg during that sleepless night
At 5:00 am I was in front of my friend's house (some of you will know him as the "crazy biker"). And off we were for the 320 km that separate Lausanne from Kirchen Hausen. It was Sunday, it was early in the morning, we couldn't ask for a better situation and the drive was quite smooth. In Germany as you may know you can drive a bit faster than in Swtzerland to bad I had winter tires and I never drove there so I had no idea exactly were to exit (despite the walkthrough we had)... still, a steady 100 mph (160 km/h) was way better than the Swiss 10 mph (130 km/h). We just had minor doubts and found quickly the right exit.
It was a little tricky to find the rental in the German outskirt, into a very small town and we were so worried because even if the opening was planned for 9 am, we wanted to be there at 8, but in the end it was already 8:30 when we finally parked the car in front of that crazy lineup!
Anyway it was not like I feared.. there was basically nobody, and we were the only ones asking to everybody how to book a ride in a couple of cars LOL!
And how nice it was! Between 20 and 30 supercars, most of them Ferraris lineup up and almost nobody around and it was not just a car nuts' day because they also organized some sort of festival, feast. But of course at 8 am there was nothing ready.. only the cars and I just needed the cars to tell you the truth Of course I loved the atmosphere while more and more people arrived and the event transformed in something different than a car show or meeting very friendly and nice people around and for sure we were the only ones coming from far away. I bet 99% of them were living in the 10 km nearby maybe less but anyway at the end there were tons of cars parked everywere LOL
Anyway back at us since it was to early to buy tickets, I spend some crazy 15 or 20 minutes in admiring the cars and taking pics. Sadly, beeing around 8:30 - 9 am, the sun was quite low, so the light is strange, shadows quite long and it was hard to take pics from different angles :roll: and of course near 11 am - noon, the sun went away and clouds came.. to bad
Still, the lineup was amazing (288GTO, 348, 355, 360, 456GT, 575M, 308 GT4, Testarossa, Gallardo, Murcielago, Diablo, LM002, Viper, Enzo of course...) and some pics turned up nice
Finally 9 am came and we rushed to the place were the tickets were. Everything was very amateurish. Not that it was a bad thing. I prefer to deal amateurishily with nice people than to have a perfect organization by jackasses so I book a ride in a 360 Spider and in a Diablo... I then ask about the Enzo to impress the lady (not that she cared that much LOL), but she told me that the Enzo is something special and not everybody will be able to ride on it (as if everybody was there begging to give them those 300 euros hell we were the only ones buying tickets at that moment). Anyway, she told me I had to talk with mister Klotz, the oranizer of the event I think. I fianlly find him and he told me it's to early to buy the ticket for the Enzo, to wait 10 am... anyway all the cars weren't meant to start their rounds before 10... I spend probably 60 minutes taking pics only of the cars near the tickets-lady just in case. Finally mister Klotz came and told her she could cash the Enzo reservation and I jumped on her right away handing over my 350 euro.. and surprise, she said the ride was 290 euro, not 350! So basically this opens a small OT: what to do with the remaining 60?) I feel guilty you all collected 350 when 290 where enough! When I asked to a couple of you backchannel, of course nobody told me to send them back, splitted between all of you LOL, but sometime you all are simply to kind so please be sincere and tell me what to do with those 60 euros As Jabba pointed out, the petrol I used to cover 600+ km was not for free, but I was anyway ready to go there even w/o the Enzo in sight
So I was there, with 3 red tickets in my hands! Sadly I couldn't buy them for Gallardo, 348 or the Testarossa, but well, a couple of V12 and a nice V8 were already a dream
In the meanwhile the cars were turned on and driven to a petrol station to be filled up so the atmosphere began to take fire
And the more Ferraris on the road, the more curious stopping buy, many of them with very nice cars and some even with their own Ferrari of course
Some 3 km down the road there was even a biker meeting so there were really lot of different bikes blasting past, and a crazy dude even did the longest rolling burnout I ever saw ok it was the first one I saw if not on video and it was a good 10 meters long for sure to bad I wasn't able to cath it on video, but I shoot a pic at the black mark he left for us LOL!

But here is the Diablo coming back from the first passenger run (no idea why, I didn't notice it was already gone, probably while I was going crazy to buy the Enzo ticket ) As soon as the passenger was released by the driver I hand him my ticket and he let me slide in the red seat the scissor door closed, the seatbelt in place and TT feeling great and cool inside his first Diablo ever Sadly I have to admit the Diablo was quite beaten up.. obviously beeing a rental car, I'm sure many unrespectfull people rented it and beaten the hell out of it just because they paid thousands of euros for that. Idiots as I told.. if you can't respect such supercar you should waste your money somewhere else. Anyway, maybe I'm just to sensible, but as soon as I was in place inside the cockpit I was like in heaven savouring the smell of the car, the engine at idle behind my shoulders and almost scared to be in such precious car. Anyway, despite some details in the bodywork and in the interior, it was still a Diablo you know and of course when such cars have to do many km they can't appear as new I suppose the only thing that worried me a little were two red lights in the drivers instruments.. I could read on them "engine right check" " engine left check".. not sure if it's ok that they stay lit up all the time. And don't know, but the smell coming out of the engine bay was.. "strange". And when I was behing it in the Enzo, I noticed there was quite a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust.
But what about the experience? While I was quickly taking a look at the cabin, "Kurt" was in his seat an maneovering with his door open to put the car on the road in reverse. Then he closes his door too and off we are, launched on a very nice country road cutting through a wood toward nowhere Luckily the car is warm thanks to the previous run, and Kurt seemed quite relaxing in revving it and after some meters, he did it in a couple of gears.. could have been 1st and 2nd but even 3rd and 4th LOL! I wasn't sure paying attention to the gears when I heard the rumble of the engine transformed when the revs went probably pass 3500 or something like that. Below this limit the engine was not really quite, still a big V12, but then, beyond that mark the note changes completely, hard to explain.. it becomes louder of course, a lot louder, but also the basic tone is different.. it's just a wild roaring, so full and round yet so angry! And it's not really just the sound... this car may be old, it may be a rental, it may be a little abused, but the way in wich it can still kick your chest and keep you steadily in your seat while racing up mph and more mph is top level. Absolutely top! So far in my life I never had a ride in a car faster than a 964 Carrera 4... I still remember very well the punch it had in 2nd gear.. a gear that could take you from 20 km/h up to way beyond 100 with a great showe... well.. you can't compare the two, not even slightly. The Diablo eat every gear so fast, and when the next gear is engaged, the thrust go on, it doesn't change, just link an infinitely long mono-gear with just a fake lever to let you play with the clutch.. when the clutch is again depressed, nothing changed and you still have an incredible amount of torque on tap! If I'd have to describe the Diablo in a single word, it would be "intoxicating".. I was very curious about the sound of such cars from the inside since we all heard them so many times from the outside, in vids or in real life, but from the inside videos don't really help. And well, the Diablo from the inside is marvellous! It's very loud when high in the revs.. Impossible to speak during those frantic moments.. and not only because your heart is jumped in your throat
This was the only manual car I "tested", but luckily Kurt wasn't lazy and didn't simply slot 5th gear and used the power to drive along. For every overtaking he always dropped a couple of gears and gunned it. A yes, overtaking.. did I tell you the ride was on an open road? in England you would call it a B road, although on an short uphill there were to lanes to allow overtaking slow veichles.. but the rest.. a small coutry road and there was not only the regular trafic (luckily quite light during a Sunday morning), but also that bikers meeting, and that means many veichles, with 2 or 4 wheels, moving way above the speed limits. I begin to think the organizers have some friendly contacts with the local police because I can't really understand how such event could be ignored by them if not because somebody kindly asked to them to look somewhere else for a day
Back in the Diablo. Overtaking normal cars is not even funny LOL. I was just able to spot them and BANG they were in the rearview mirror! In gear acceleration seemed really impossible to beat and I was really wondering why the need for an Enzo when there is already a Diablo And after a couple of short straight were the Diablo was cruising happily 100 km/h above the limit, the twisty section came and Kurz had to work on the brakes hard for the first time, to slow down from an indicated speed around 180 km/h (112 mph) to somewhere near 100 km/h (62 mph). Ouch! brakes evolved a lot in the last year and the Diablo doesn't have carbon disks, but the braking power is impressive nonetheless. The seatbelt was cutting through my cest and suddently after two hard braking moments I was feeling car sick.. badly. It's really an huge stopping power... and it's normal, considering the brakes have to stop a 200 mph car. And 180 km/h is not a very high speed for such car -> a joke to stop. That sure stroke me badly. That's what supercars are about... fast cars, there are plenty... and we see that more and more.. hatches at 200-250 hp, saloons at 500 and so on, but there is no regular car able to stop like that, nothing. And usually I don't feel car sick just because of some braking here and there. And of course, after the braking, the corner was taken, another straight came and the deceleration became acceleration again and again that growl filling my head! Despite the headhache and the risk of vomiting all over, I was smilng like a child finally able to really savour what all those reviewers said about supercars, and finally feeling with my own body what all those arid numbers about power and acceleration mean
The only downside for that 2WD Diablo was the corner stability IMO. It didn't felt very well planted. Not to the point to scare me (and beeing used to always be behind the wheel, usually I'm quite a scared passenger), but yet, not really completely under control mabye.. or better: under control, but not an easy task. And the steering, I bet it wasn't power assisted. Still quite high lateral grip and high cornering speed for an open road! The drive lasted probably 5 minutes.. I forgot to check since I had something else keeping me busy, but yes, something like that. What an experience guys! When I finally stepped out and handed the car to the next lucky one, I was shocked and so happy. The 60 euros spent suddently appeared more like 6!
Probably a test on track would have allowed faster speed, faster cornering and harder braking, but I have to admit I liked a lot the fact the cars were driven in normal traffic. That allowed to see how they compare to normal cars and even to bikes every now and then. And I confirm, you can't compare them to normal cars but at least you can really understand how fast they are because you would have never thought it would have been possible to go through that twisty section at such mind blowing pace!
Then I realised I was not only psicologically shocked, but also in deep need of fresh hair and solid ground under my feet!! Suddently the ride in the 360 had to be delayed some minutes! And hell, I'm not a sissy, not the last time I checked!
And after a cola and a sandwich I was ready to go. Strangely enough nobody was interested in the 360.. only the two Testarossa and the 348s were constantly on the road (probably because they were the cheapest ones at 30 and 40 euros). So when Kurt came back from the next Diablo run, I asked to him about the 360 and well, he just said he could take me with it too, turned off the Diablo and got the key of the 360 cool I also appreciated how easier it was to sit inside the Diablo since there was always many people around, I didn't want to fall in every car like a potato
The 360 was spider, but sadly it was really to cold to open the roof and I was expecting again fast speeds!
First of, we all know the Ferrari V8 is one of the best sounding engines ever. This one didn't have Tubi style exhaust on it sadly, and I was impressed by how completely different it was from the inside. Big disappointment here I should say. But well, the rest was superb It had the F1 transmission so I had a small taste of it too Difficult to compare the Diablo with the 360. The latter is way more civilized. This sensation is increased also by the modern cabin of course. The Diablo is quite the opposite a raw machine, fast raw machine! Still, speed racks up easily with the Ferrari V8 too, but the power delivery beeing a bit more linear and the soundtrack quiter and less frantic, you notice it someway less. I was surprised when I first stared at the speedo and saw the needle past 180 km/h where the 360 felt way better than the Diablo was in the corners VERY well planted, when the front wheels were pointed in the right direction, the whole car followed with such easy and poise, even on bumpy corners. And the downshifts with the paddles are to nice with that blip of trottle spicing them up upshift are not to brutal even with the pedal to the metal, but nto even that smooth sure fast, and even if I'd take an H gate anyway, nobody could shift faster than the F1 gear and the F1 gear never does mistakes
And for the brakes?!? Again, wonderfull. Even more impressive than the Diablo, probably because the car is lighter and the brakes some generation newer too. Kurt went a bit long on the intersection were they always turned the cars to go back home, so he had to brake really really hard and I'm sure w/o the seatbelt I would have been expulsed from the car
I'm almost ashamed to say that the 360 was kinda "pale" compared to the Diablo. Probably it's also up to personal preferences, but the 360 almost seemed a daily driver LOL. Not that this is bad if you think about it and if Jabba has a 355 AND a Diablo maybe this mean something Don't misunderstand me: the 360 is a hellofafast machine! Really well planted, great showe, great brakes, very comfortable too! Even more accomplished allround, but if you want pure driving thrills and if you can afford to lose practicability, well, a Diablo would be a better choice (not that they are really in the same class anyway )

How much did I write already? uff, terrible, let me try to condensate the last part! I will have to cover the most impressive moments of my car related life and I can't afford to be to long

After some more recovering (it reminds me of airshow where pilots after some crazy stuff always need to recover when they finally get out of planes like the Sukoi 27 and such ), I begin to ask if I can finally have that Enzo ride . I was for sure very lucky to be able to test the other two before the beast, but now I was no more to wait!! The organizer told me he needed at least 3 or 4 people for it, so they could do all the runs one after the other... but well, it was noon and nobody else was interested in it, so they concluded my ride would have been the only one of the day (no idea if somebody begged them for another one after they saw the car moving)... can you believe it? I was the fucking only motherfucker that had a ride in the Enzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the others did a BIG mistake! And think about it: withouth my JW gift, the Enzo would have remained in the garage!!! Crazy, crazy! No really, CRAZY! I can't believe I could have missed that opportunity!
Anyway, the organizer take the microphone and calls for me in the garage where the Enzo was stored I ran! Ben TT Johnson the owner of the Enzo was there and he greeted me and said something about the fact I was the only crazy/lucky guy who paid for it! And together we entered the garage. He took of the key (a key opening a 1'000'000 euro worth car), open the passenger door and LIFT it for me (you see, I could have slept the night before since I didn't have to do it myself LMAO). To stand there and see the door of an Enzo lift up for you to enter is something that could make you faint. I swear that at that point I was no more able to act rationally LOL! And it was even more strange because some 40, 50 or more people were surrounding the car waiting for it to start up, so I had to pass between them like a star or something, with the speaker commenting about that special moment and so on!! And finally I was inside!! I was sitting in an ocean of carbon fiber! And I had to close the door shut all alone. I don't know what I was waiting.. I was scared to close it to hard, or not to use enough stenght, but nothing like that. the door was feather light and it was so natural to apply the correct strenght! Wow just this movement impressed me more than all the rest I experienced during the day. Also the seat was incredibly comfy! I don't remember if Enzo's seats (for the driver) are custom made or if they have just some standard sizes and no idea for the passenger ones, but well, the one on that Enzo seemed tailored around my body. Now for the strange thing: I tried of course to find the seatbelt... uhm.. quite hard. it's on the exterior, like the modena or another normal car, not on the other side as in the Diablo. And I found it, but on in I was unable to find the "hook". So I was waiting for the owner to use his one to understand, but he didn't bothered... so I quickly forget about it and I didn't want to seem an idiot in front of hundreads of people LMAO! Well, I was still fighting with the seatbelt BTW when he finally hit the starter button and ... ... ...

OH
MY
GOD

As you may know, the engine revs a bit and then settle down to idle. And when an Enzo does that inside a garage.. ouch, the result is shocking! In a second, everybody forgot about all teh other cars and ran to form some sort of corridor for us to exit the parking lot! Already to sit in an Enzo is something impressive, but when hundreads of people stare at you and envy you (and maybe even ready to spit on you or worst LOL)... it made even more impressive the final result.
It was not easy to get out of the parking lot because two Modenas and a Gallardo were blocking the way out. Well at least that gave the Enzo some minutes to heat up a little. Finally somebody (probably Kurt, no idea, I was to confused) fired up a Modena and moved it. First gear engaged again and the big moment was there. We were on the road, no more people around.. the Modena still in front, driving at 40 km/h probably. Finally the Modena has a place were to pull over (you will see in the short clip) and the owner gunned the Enzo. And guys, I swear, I can't describe what happened next. my camera was filming, I was try to keep it in front of me and all of a sudden the Modena pulled over and the Enzo revelaed itself. I think three gears were rapidly engaged one after the other, with the faster gearchanges I every experienced, not really rev limiter action but not far from it and when I remembered to check the speedo after a coupe of seconds, the needle was disappearing, covered by the frame of the instruments. And well the last number I was able to see, in the perfect vertical of the speedo is 200 km/h... when I glanced at the needle, it was already disappeared and it was somewhere between 200 and 250! I'd say around 220, but the max speed isn't really important what is important is the way that speed was reached. Effortless, mind blowingly fast, mesmerizing. I can tell you w/o beeing ashame that those first 10 seconds almost made me cry. It's a sensation you will never believe! You will read 0-100 km/h in less than 4 seconds, you will read in gear accelerations times, but those times are meaningless untill you will experience them. I know I said exactly the same for the Diablo. But well, Compared to the Enzo, Diablo, 360 and even my 320 are all in the same cathegory... they can't even come close to it! And the sound!! Shit, the way the engine rush toward the higher revs and sing all around you is superlative and basically not descriptible! I won't even be able in my own language because man never needed to forge words able to describe something that sick! Anyway, when my eyes came back on the road, I noticed a brown spot far away on the road. Blink. Shit a Passat wagon in front of us. Brake Enzo owner, please brake, we will destroy it! XXXXXXX My vision turned to black. No kidding guys, for a fraction of a second the g the Enzo produced in deceleration made my vision turn to black! And my lungs were emptied too! Holy sacred ghost! we were suddently at 100 km/h. In that instant we lost more than 100 km/h with just some braking But I was still trying to have back my eyes from the windshield when the road ahead strightened again and second gear was quikly engages, BOOM! Again the needle jumped to 200!! My shit I really want to be able to explain you how impressive the acceeleration is, but I will repeat for the last time, I simply can't... and I was ready damn. I read so many things about the Enzo or supercars in general, but not even 10'000 pages will be able to tell you what they can do. The way the Enzo eats the road is crazy. Cornering under strong acceleration or braking are managed with a complete ease! the seats are wonderfully supportive the engine sing for you and everybody turn his head when the Enzo is approaching! You should have seen the bikers that were at their meeting. When we reached the top of the hill where they were gathered (some 200 bikes IMO), everybody pointed the finger, but not sure everybody was able to see the car since the owner as soon as we were halfway past their place, gunned it again and hard, on a long lefthander. They just had 2 or 3 second I suppose
Downhill, a van and a car in front of us, a righthander some meters in front of the front car. i was sure it was impossible to pass them, but the owner was not the same probably since in half the distance we were in front of them. I don't know, but I would have liked to pay some money to see their faces To see an Enzo blasting pass you at around 150-160 km/h in downhill and with a corner blocking the vision has to be something scary. Especially since I'm sure they didn't have the time to see us coming! And in a glimpse we were already were the cars had to turn around to come back. it took half the time it took with Diablo and 360!
Uphill and back at the bikers' point... of course they were all waiting for us this time and the Enzo owner gave them what they needed with another crazy acceleration out of that corner.. and again, not a shade of under or oversteer. No idea how those tires can give so much grip it seems impossible. After a km or two, here are a Diablo and Testarossa in fron of us (we crossed their way halfway downhill after the bikers and no idea how, we already catched up on them!!!!!!!!!!!) The road was not free so we had to wait behing the Diablo. I checked and we were doing 140. It's already fast, especially since I saw in front of them a sign indicating the 70 km/h speed limit! I was sure we would have ended the ride behind them and stop.. suddently, the Diablo decide to eat the Testarossa (and there is when I saw all the smoke coming out of its pipes)... of course the Enzo was on its tail: again the needle jumped toward 200, the Diablo was going very hard, but once it came back on the right lane, it kept accelerating 8still heavy smoke coming out so I'm sure about that), but again the sould of the Enzo was revealed and the Diablo was completely ECLIPSED!! Guys, we passed an accelerating Diablo as if it was the Passat or another random car!!!!!!!! And we passed inteh 70 km/h zone at way above 200 km/h... if the organizers are not in good relationship with the local police my name is no more TT
Ah, I forgot to tell you this! When the last braking came, right before the finish of the ride, I was ready to vomit, and this time I was almost unable to control it! Luckily everybody let us back in the garage very quickly so I lifted the door.. what a sweet movement that door ... and jump out like if my ass was on fire, to avoid vomiting inside an Enzo! And what do I find? the speaker with his microphone.. and he was saying something like "and here we are, let's see the impressions of the only German that had this experience so far!!".. then he remembers I'm no German and don't even speak german LMAO! And probably he also noticed my green face but no idea why he game me that damn dildo-microphone.. my brain was dedicated to the vomit-control and I was really unable to find something in my mental dictionary.. hell, to describe it to you I needed hours I just said "Spitze".. that's something like "Cool"... so lame LMAO.. he was someway disappointed, I'm sure. And I'm so sorry for the others that wanted to know more.. but everybody laughed LOL.. and I ran outside in search of another cola to stop the crisis
I was also unable to proprely thank the owner and to let him know how cool it was, I hope st-anger will be able to get in touch and explain him how much I liked.

I'm writing this for a few hours now, no idea if it make sense. If you want to know more, just ask for details but the bottom line is that I had the best experience a car nut can desire. Yesterday a whole new world was revealed to me. A world I would have never thought! The Enzo is unbelievably fast. Really, believe me if I tell you you can't even come close to imagine how fast that thing is. As I was telling with Jabba, maybe he could because someway the Diablo has some similarity.. the Enzo is more refined for sure, but it still has such raw sould behind all the carbon fiber and 600 hp but well, it still takes the sensations you can have in a Diablo a step further.. and a step like the one Armstrong did on the moon some years ago!

Guys, all of this was thanks only to JW! W/o JW I wouldn't have known about those rental and nobody would have given to me such present I fear Never 300 euros were better spent! if one day something like that will be possible for you, don't even try to think you could spend the money in a better way. You simply can't!! Noway. I'm pretty sure I would do the same next year if they would organize another similar event! And for sure I will never forget how crazy it is to be taken around at such speeds, with your body unable to really manage the experience and your mind and heart in heaven for some minutes, with tears wanting to spurt out because you can't find another way to express your emotions! i was sure not prepared to such frantic moments even if I always dreamt about them and BTW, to the guys that told me it's kinda strange to "just" take passenger rides, i can swear to you that if you think you can jump out from a BMW 320i, jump in an Enzo and drive it w/o beeing killed you are wrong. To drive such car proprely you should be used to crazy speeds! I really doubt I would have been able to fully appreciate the car! it's way better to be onboard with an experienced driver that can show you the potential it has! And the owner was a great driver guys! He even had there a Formula 1 car, a J.Alesi Ferrari.. I suppose he already drove that too! You will see it in the pics

Gosh, I hope this is enough.. I was unable to go on LOL! but please, if you want more details, just ask and I will be glad to give them!

___

First picture.. well, a classic.. I was in Germany. And you all know about the Autobahn not only it was a but w/o any kind of speed restrictions, but it was also Sunday morning 7 am... at 100-105 mph (160-170 km/h) I wasn't passing anybody..
Sadly I was unable to go for a top speed run First because I had no idea wich exit to take and to miss yours because you are going 200+ km/h, it's quite dumb , especially when an Enzo is waiting for you! Second and most important, I still have my winter tires. and they are also already 2 years old, so I preferred to stop there.. anyway there was not much left... last time I checked I was unable to see more than 220 on the tacho
Anyway a nice 200+ km/h (124+ mph) is already nice

And just to put the speedo/odometer shots together.. here is a picture taken back at home at the end of the trip: 664.1 km (412.7 mph) well worth, ever single cm/in

--

For a couple more pics, check the "what do you saw today" section in something like 10 minutes

--

and here are all the pics

Let's start from scratch

This is for sure the way to open this topic... this picture will remain in my memories forever! I was inside that amazing car, ready to take off toward the horizon! What a crazy feeling guys!! And my friend took a very nice picture indeed IMO!

This one is terrible, I'm smiling like an idiot, trying to show I was happy the best I could.. the result is a small troll, with a nose bigger than his head and so on... Not really the best way to show my damn face LOL, but it's the only other pic I have while inside the Enzo and I can't simply delete or use censorship on it

Again me, this time inside the 360 Spider. If I'm laughing it just because my friend, not knowing the driver's name, to make him trun toward him together with me, simply called "Matteo?", "Kurz?".. Kurz beeing just a random German name LMAO.. and I was laughing because he actually turned toward him and look was a sweet couple we are As the Enzo's owner, he was a very nice guy, and a good driver.

And you already saw these two next ones too, but just to have them all together

First picture.. well, a classic.. I was in Germany. And you all know about the Autobahn not only it was a but w/o any kind of speed restrictions, but it was also Sunday morning 7 am... at 100-105 mph (160-170 km/h) I wasn't passing anybody..
Sadly I was unable to go for a top speed run First because I had no idea wich exit to take and to miss yours because you are going 200+ km/h, it's quite dumb , especially when an Enzo is waiting for you! Second and most important, I still have my winter tires. and they are also already 2 years old, so I preferred to stop there.. anyway there was not much left... last time I checked I was unable to see more than 220 on the tacho
Anyway a nice 200+ km/h (124+ mph) is already nice

And just to put the speedo/odometer shots together.. here is a picture taken back at home at the end of the trip: 664.1 km (412.7 miles) well worth, ever single cm/in

And now here are all the others!!!

Well, this was what people passing by on the road could see.. you can easily understand how pretty quickly there was a wide crowd there Notice also the vintage building and decoration on it LOL! They should buy a couple less Ferraris and invest something on a modern design maybe

First pics, marvellous, only around 10 people around this area was used for the cars in wich it was possible to have a ride. Here you can see one of the Testarossa slipstreaming the Diablo

And in front of them, the 360 Spider and the second Testarossa. And I suppose you can also see a couple of 348, a Gallardo and a Modena

The Lambo from the front. No idea where the front lights went

One of the 348TS. Still such a nice line

Just a someway artistic shot

Another one

And the same 348 again to sweet

The two 348 together

Ok here I am at the Spider very nice car even if not my fav V8 engined Ferrari. To bad there we so many red cars I would have liked some more variations

No idea why, but I love this picture! I could have wait for the photograph to remove the tripod, but no idea why, it adds to the global result IMO! note the right grill on the Gallardo... broken

The Modena and you can also see that the second Testarossa is not completely stock but has a sport package

Slightly different angles

Inside the Testarossa sport. Very low and strong sunlight, but stilla good result the Pro1 is sure a good and easy camera

Well, if there is a glass there it's for you to take pics, isn't it?

And look at this! An ex Formula 1 Ferrari with Jean Alesi name on it! Look at the cool trailer!

Nice lineup

Oh sweet the GT4 is? I'm in love!

The only 348 spider there

Check out the tires on this 355

Better? They are slick LOL! I suppose you can rent this for track days! Drool!

Another 360 Spider.

Hehe.. a Modena engine, but what is that? carbon fiber?

Yes it is. A Modena with a partial Hamman make up at least on the back (and wheels).

While the front was stock

Finally a Ferrari in a color different from red LOL! Still a classic one

Oh sweet! Just put there in the middle of all the others, the marvellous 288GTO!

Uhm.. I love the 456GT, but in red it is simply wrong IMO

The last part of the lineup Try to spot the mistake... yep there is a Viper hidden in there LMAO

Little ugly surprise, a Smart Corssblade, damn expensive and useless

Way better a nice Z1

And here is the Viper RT/10

A cute 3200GT

And a new Spider!

Talk about nice and misplaced car in one an old limo

Ok here is the worst pic I took LOL.. I didn't saw that table, not even after I took the picture LOL!

The huge and mighty LM002 with the Diablo cousin

Just another shot of the Gallardo.. with TT's shadow on it

Ok, my pal, the one that took the Enzo pic you may already know him as te "crazy biker"

Some more pics of cars already seen

The Diablo was ready to go here

The 360 Spider that took me around

And the Diablo

A messy car park LOL

Better pics of the car hidden inside

Gosh how huge the LM is? The tires are something impressive and the global thing is way more impressive than an Hummer H2 I yet have to see an H1 in real life

And here it is finally! Sadly in a very bad emplacement and with the hood slightly open!! So I preferred not to waste to many pics at that moment.

Just a nice Modena, not a CS, sorry my mistake

Strange pic, but just to show you the place where you could buy the tickets quite simple and amateursig, but friendly

OH! Not really idea why that limo arrived, but well, it was long and kitsch I love it

Well, the hood was still open so I just took a couple of pics from the back.. and again it was not easy to take good shots inside there sadly...

These two Ferraris were from privateers, just dropping by to say "hi" I guess.. they went away then

LMAO; the band that created the atmosphere LMAO!

And just another person attending the meeting with his car.. a De Tomaso Pantera!

More privateers showing off a Modena and a "simply" Boxster

The result of the long rolling burnout a biker gave us

A great engine!

Another visitor!

Two MARVELLOUS E30 M3! Check out the Nurburgring sticker on the blue one (botton left corner )!

The only pic I took from inside the Enzo.. a classic one, taking pictures of people taking picture at me

Check out the Viper... In Europe you can't have side exhaust (no idea why the SLR ones are ok).. so this RT/10 had the original ones removed, the holes closed with black tape and a GTS exhaust (or custom one) installed :roll: messed up in the end sadly...

The prize for the weirdest visitor goes to him anyway, if you are reading this post don't take it bad dude

A couple of pics of the 575M

The 456 from the back and inside

the 288 again :roll:

And lastly, another visitor! nice 993 Turbo
Old 04-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

BTW, I'm sure you will find grammar and typing mistakes.. but my eyes are to tired to read everything and correct them LMAO! Enjoy the read!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
salegosse
Regular User

Happy of for you TT !
Old 04-26-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

thats amazing, its quite a bit to read in one bunch...... so im going to copy into ms word, and let you know of ALL YOUR GRAMATICAL ERRORS!!!!

j/k thanks for sharing with us, TT
Old 04-26-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

so im going to copy into ms word, and let you know of ALL YOUR GRAMATICAL ERRORS!!!!
LOL, if you will correct them all, just send me the result with a PM LOL and I will edit the first post but in Word the smilies will disappear, and a post by TT w/o smilies it's not a "true" one LOL
Old 04-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
Anonymous

Just spent ages reading that- excellent report TT i'm glad to see you built up to the Enzo gradually! i can't beleive the rides were on the road overtaing must have felt so fast in a car like that! especially when your the passenger and don't have the steering wheel to hold onto BTW how bad would it have been if you threw up on the Enzo!! Does carbon fibre wipe clean?!! looking foward to more pics/ any vids you have.

thanks for the effort you put into the report and the effort you put into jabbasworld in general.

Oh yeah not too many mistakes less than i would have made and english is my first language!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #7
coombsie66
Regular User

A wonderfull write up TT, glad you enjoyed the experince, it certainly seems a once in a lifetime oppertunity. Couldnt have gone to a more deserving chap.
Well done for not voming in the Enzo! lol
Old 04-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

LOL, if you will correct them all, just send me the result with a PM LOL and I will edit the first post but in Word the smilies will disappear, and a post by TT w/o smilies it's not a "true" one LOL
my god, i didnt expect you to respond so quickly!!! of course, you are partially superhuman, or have a batch file to refresh screens every 20 seconds lol

ill see what i can do about the edit then lol

oh, and smilies seem to be in microsoft word xp... so it will maintain TT' ness
Old 04-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Well done for not voming in the Enzo! lol
HAHA, yes, I'm very proud of that
Old 04-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #10
666fast
Regular User

Again I'd like to say Congrats TT, if anyone deserves a present like this it's you!

The review was great. I can't imagine what I would have to say if I went for a ride in an Enzo. Or a Diablo and 360 for that matter. It can't be easy to come up with words to accurately paint a picture of what it's like to feel the amount of power and instant speed an Enzo can deliver!
I'm glad you had a great time, even if you were starting to feel sick! LOL I'm sure my stomache would be in knots after a very fast drive through town in a car worth $1 million! Just knowing I was going for a ride in a car that millions adore would make me feel a but uneasy!
Congrats again TT, you have now done something that everyone here (and millions more across the globe) would love to do! Just seeing one is a very rare opportunity. Going for a ride in one, is something that only a small handfull of people will ever experience!

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderfull time! The guys that paid for you to go are great guys. Congrats to you TT, and I tip my hat to you guys that helped out. Simply incredible! It's a great bunch of people we have here!

Great thread, will read it again. I give it 5 thumbs up and a 0X
Old 04-26-2004, 06:47 PM   #11
callen
Regular User

i just finished enjoying everyword u wrote TT! i cant wait to see your full picture report and im glad this happened to such a great guy! i was picturing the road, and the enzo, and the noise, and i am sure, theres no way what i picture in my mind is even close(not even fucking remotely close) to what u experienced. congrats, happy b day and pics pics and MORE pics PLZ! :shock: 8)
Old 04-26-2004, 06:51 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderfull time! The guys that paid for you to go are great guys. Congrats to you TT, and I tip my hat to you guys that helped out. Simply incredible! It's a great bunch of people we have here!
Exactly. JW is a special place to be... I never knew another forum with such great people it won't be easy to make me go away
Old 04-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #13
gis
Regular User

OMFG,that was liek the best review for anythin ever.im so glad to have been involved with helpin u get this experience,not as involved as jabba and st-anger,but u know what i mean

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:56 PM   #14
stradale
Regular User

Wow TT!

I read every single word of it and it was great. I think you did succeed in giving us a sense of what you felt during the experience.

LMAO at the worries and the sleepless night!

The last thing I would be worried about was whether or not to get sick in the car, but now I can imagine this happening, LOL.

Great story TT and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. Now I'm ready to look at some pictures and video, LOL!!
Old 04-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

I read every word you wrote.

And appreciate what you felt.

Perhaps now you understand why, when people ask "What supercar" I say F40 without hesitation.

That is the type of impression such an event can have on you when you are 18.

Glad you enjoyed it.

For sure, you will NEED to find the financial resources to have a very fast car in your garage in the future.

Again - reading your words made the gift worth every cent.

I knew you were the guy to get this opportunity

(BTW - don't change the grammar, spelling etc... those are YOUR words buddy... )
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote