Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-04-2003, 07:41 PM   #16
twboy1999
Regular User

thanx for the article

interesting article.. the straight line speed is .3 slower then enzo from 0-124mph,, and they relaly couldnt test out the handling because there were corners avaliable
twboy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:00 PM   #17
Johns
Regular User

good read, thanks Jabba!! and for the handling it would suck if the GT's cornerin isnt great
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:11 PM   #18
HoboPie
Regular User

Odd I was under the impression the Enzo had done a 9.1 or 9.2 or was that just to 120?

And what did he mean about the tires. The Enzo has its own special tires so I see no reason for Ferrari to put other ones on for testing. I also find it odd that no one else has ever mentioned different tires before during their tests.

Awesome car and I can see why he said what he did about the speed of the car. It is proven that a car that sounds faster will seem faster to a driver. If it sounds as awesome he claims I could understand why he thought it was fast. Jeremy also seems to be particulary susceptible to this as he did the same thing with the Koenigsegg.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:08 AM   #19
Imre

Thanks for the scan,Jabba.This is some great read.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:59 AM   #20
1zippo1
Regular User

Thx very much for the nice scans jabba!!! Will certainly read this article.

Clarksons opponion about Porsches has changed quite significantly the last few years, I'm curious what he'll say about this one!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:26 PM   #21
Vansquish
Regular User

Man, I can't wait for my issue of Autocar with the Carrera GT test!!! Unfortunately it's 55 miles away at home, and I don't have a car!!!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24 AM   #22
Chingachgook
Regular User

Thanks Jabba!This is very interesting...wondering how cool can be the challenge between this one and the Enzo
Old 10-06-2003, 04:38 PM   #23
Vansquish
Regular User

On outright performance, I have no doubts that the Enzo would be the El Primo vehicle. However, on everyday useability, and diversity of talent, I think the Carrera GT would probably win...but I still can't wait to see the two of them lined up next to each other hehehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #24
zr2man99
Regular User

The one thing I don't like about the Carrea is the rear wing. It stands straight up and looks akward in my opinion. It is an awesome car. I wish I win the lotto like 3 times soon.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:17 AM   #25
noosee
Regular User

Cool Article !!!! Thanks Jabba. Most of al i liked the beginning "With two TV programes in the final stage of production .....and a new series of Top Gear just days away....."
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:24 PM   #26
jumpman23
Regular User

Default Wow

Thanks for the scan. The GT is beautiful!...It's looks are seductive to me. Two questions, the wing does adjust right, and are the brake disks carbon fibre, like the Enzo, or just the clutch?
jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:48 PM   #27
f0racer
Regular User

Truly, the successor to the 959 has finally arrived and the Enzo Ferrari should look not in the rear view mirror, but rather the driver’s side window. CAR magazine has the GT as its cover story in the November issue, and I have to wait until mid October for it to arrive at the local Borders here in Seattle. Thanks Jabba for the scans.
f0racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:34 PM   #28
DeMoN
Regular User

GREAT scans THANX a lot jabba
Old 10-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #29
Ziploc
Regular User

that wing is hideous when up :shock:
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 03:21 AM   #30
Chingachgook
Regular User

Originally posted by HoboPie
And what did he mean about the tires. The Enzo has its own special tires so I see no reason for Ferrari to put other ones on for testing. I also find it odd that no one else has ever mentioned different tires before during their tests.
Yes, the Enzo has own special tires, but rumors say that aren't good enough, there are some problems, so semms Pirelli was asked to make brand new tires for the Enzo.
Those Bridgestones....