Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-08-2003, 05:18 AM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

First of all you need to have a video card that has a TV out...(or some sort of TV video like S-Video)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 05:51 AM   #17
draak666
Regular User

Yesssss, I have a TV out! What next?
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:02 AM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

if it is phono out you need to then hook it up to the video in on your TV...and you may need to change some of your settings in your video adaptor display properties...so it outputs to the TV....every card will be slighty different at this stage....
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 06:34 AM   #19
draak666
Regular User

Ehm, where do you change the settings in your video adaptor display properties? ops:
Old 08-08-2003, 05:22 PM   #20
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
...although if youre short of space than LCD is an answer to our prayers...
I think thats that is all they are good for. The resolution on those things sucks IMO. I saw one in a store the other day, the maximum resolution on that was less then what I have on my desktop. But if you are short on space, want something energy efficient and you dont need big resolution then LCD is the way to go.
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:24 PM   #21
XyKo
Regular User

draak, when you you connect the svideo to the tv, and restart yoru computer without having the monitor connected, it should recognize the tv right away. Also if you're still using a monitor at the same time, just go to display>settings>advance>videocard> and change the setting in there to to TV. there's also settings to allow you to use tv and monitor at the same time.

I've been doing this for a while with my Geforce 4600 but the shit is my 42" Mitsubishi tv is crap when hooking up to a ocmputer. It's shows so many lines that I took it off. Still I could've traded it with my little sister 27" Sony wega because it looks sharp and nice on it. But I still prefer a bigger tv for the heck of it.

So just a quick note, most old svideo tv will not have the quality of the newer TV.
XyKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 12:35 AM   #22
oic0
Regular User

There is a setting to get rid of the lines and twitching. The more you cut it up the more of it goes away but it takes video card power or something. Also if your TV-out is S-video and your TV isint you need to buy an adapter. The one I bought was 30 US bucks but it also has like 4 different addapters and 4 different input and output channels. You could probably get a simple comvertor alot cheaper. S-video to AV cables is easy and very cheap to find. Svideo to regular cable wire is a lil more.
oic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 05:21 AM   #23
draak666
Regular User

OK, thanks oicO, XyKo and Jabba for your help. I'll go and get myself a cable now.

I prefer a larger screen as well, but this TV is just a bit bigger than my PC-screen. At least it will allow me to watch a film from a seat or from my bed instead of from my office chair. I simply hope that the image quality will be allright then.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #24
callen
Regular User

i have a 19" trinitron...the lcds are just too pricey...but i would LOVE a 21" my friend has one...u have to see it to appreciate! GREAT Stuff