Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-03-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Anyone here done business with IKEA Canada?

Well I ordered a table from them online/by phone. It is shipped by their truck which cost 69$ and the desk in general cost a fortune. Nearly 400$ total for this simple desk.

But after I ordered I read online that they have the shittiest service on the planet. THat some people never recieve their shippments and or get their stuff all banged up...that ikea ignores people emails, phone calls etc....

Im really paranoid and worried about the whole deal....thanks to what I have read online. Its not like I bought a desk for 100$, so I cant really go through all the shit incase there are some problems........

So has anyone here bought anything of them by phone or online? How long did it take etc.........

Thanks in advance.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
MercedeSChink
Regular User

don't worry...i'm sure ikea gets more online customers than those who complain on the net...like 75 percent of my room are furnished by ikea, and i got them delivered to my house...everything was fine, they even moved it into my room when they got here...
oh btw, this was 2 years ago andi do admit i'm an ikea freak, but i'm refurnishing my room again...i fell in love with ethan allen and pottery barn furniture
Old 10-04-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Thanks man, I needed a comment like that And how long did the delivery take? Im in Toronto.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
callen
Regular User

my sister had a futon delivered to thier house in halifax, ordered in toronto. it never got there, they lost any word of the order and they had to reorder another one. although some stuff did get there, but nearly a week late(without any sign of the futon) so overall the delivery service was poor, but lets hope you have good luck with them.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:52 AM   #5
possessed_beaver
Regular User

it's $500 for a piece of wood and some metal, beacuse it's "cool" and designed by some faggot who's bf tells him how "origional" all his designs are!

don't get me wrong i like designer interiour furnashings.. but not crap thats mass produced and sold as it!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM   #6
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Why not just go to their store? Rent U-Haul and the cost would be similar but at least you're sure there are no delivery problems.
$400 for a lousy table? And I thought IKEA was supposed to be affordable... :roll:
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:11 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
my sister had a futon delivered to thier house in halifax, ordered in toronto. it never got there, they lost any word of the order and they had to reorder another one. although some stuff did get there, but nearly a week late(without any sign of the futon) so overall the delivery service was poor, but lets hope you have good luck with them.
Did they charge her credit card, and didnt deliver the futon?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #8
marktak
Regular User

Can't you go to IKEA self....in Holland you just have to go to the IKEA store...is there one in Canada??

Car and Superyachtlover!!!
marktak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #9
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well its pretty far away. And I dont have a car. And neither do I have the time to go there.....
Old 10-04-2004, 03:20 PM   #10
marktak
Regular User

What is it called....the desk?

Old 10-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Galant or something like that.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:47 PM   #12
marktak
Regular User

I was looking what i would cost in Holland....not that that would solve the problem, but in Holland IKEA is not that expensive. I think it will work out right.....it is a trustworthy company here, so I don't think they'll spoil that name in the rest of the world.

Old 10-04-2004, 04:33 PM   #13
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well I said almost. The total was lets see.

260x1.15% tax+70= 369. Thats almost 400$, but I think there was tax on shipping aswel...because I remeber a higher number by phone.....

anyways thats not the problem. I just want to get this thing, thats it...and from what I've heard thats the hardest part.......
Old 10-04-2004, 04:46 PM   #14
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by MercedeSChink
don't worry...i'm sure ikea gets more online customers than those who complain on the net...like 75 percent of my room are furnished by ikea, and i got them delivered to my house...everything was fine, they even moved it into my room when they got here...
oh btw, this was 2 years ago andi do admit i'm an ikea freak, but i'm refurnishing my room again...i fell in love with ethan allen and pottery barn furniture
I'm more of a ikea freak than you, 90% of the furnitures are from ikea. Even accessories came from them. So far, the service has been great. Things do break at times but their customer service took care of everything. Since I live less than 30 minutes away from one of their stores, I ordered them in store so I'm not sure how good/bad their online service is. The delivery service was fine though.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:49 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

How long did the delivery take?