Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #151
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Thought I would ask this here instead of a new post, but what are peoples opinions of changing a genuine Ferrari 308 into a 288gto?? I was brought by someone wlse in this thread.

The 288gto IMO is one of the best looking Ferrari's about. But is changinf a 308 into a 288 not the same as 'faking'???
Not if you just modify the car to have the muscular appearance of the GTO and then do the engine up to partly deliver the goods... and then...

most importantly... you do NOT slap GTO badges on it...

That's the thing - having a beefy looking 308 is one thing (and they do exist)... but trying to pass it off as a GTO is another.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #152
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Because the government has the task to educate and more or less control its children(society).
Here in lies the fundamental difference between "us and them".... you believe the government is supposed to control and dictate - we believe the government is supposed to support and assist...
LOL! It might be tempting for you to read confirmation in that, but SPEEDKILLAR was either making a not too serious statement (that would be my guess, considering the ) or a dumb statement. Cross the pond one day and you'll see...
The " " was added there for that, but that's how our RC45 is, probably reading to fast

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #153
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Because the government has the task to educate and more or less control its children(society).
Here in lies the fundamental difference between "us and them".... you believe the government is supposed to control and dictate - we believe the government is supposed to support and assist...
LOL! It might be tempting for you to read confirmation in that, but SPEEDKILLAR was either making a not too serious statement (that would be my guess, considering the ) or a dumb statement. Cross the pond one day and you'll see...
The " " was added there for that, but that's how our RC45 is, probably reading to fast
Oh - I read your - but you know you like it when your government treats you rough...
Old 05-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #154
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by jon_s
Thought I would ask this here instead of a new post, but what are peoples opinions of changing a genuine Ferrari 308 into a 288gto?? I was brought by someone wlse in this thread.

The 288gto IMO is one of the best looking Ferrari's about. But is changinf a 308 into a 288 not the same as 'faking'???
Not if you just modify the car to have the muscular appearance of the GTO and then do the engine up to partly deliver the goods... and then...

most importantly... you do NOT slap GTO badges on it...

That's the thing - having a beefy looking 308 is one thing (and they do exist)... but trying to pass it off as a GTO is another.
I agree with RC45 on this one...it's fine to make your 308 look a bit more 'mean' and upgrade the power and such, just as long as you don't try to pass it off as an original 288 GTO.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #155
jon_s
Regular User

Here is a fair effort, he has also kept the 308 badge:
http://home.tiscali.nl/308gto/

edit: top marks! He built the 288 'kit' himself out of sheets of metal! (there are more pics in the 'first pics' section)
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #156
sentra_dude

That's pretty cool, especially considering he built that kit himself, and I'm glad he left the 308 badge on the back. It looks really badass, and its nice to have a removable top. 8)

Although I think I might be a little pissed when I first found out it wasn't a 288 GTO...I would be all excited that I was seeing an extremely rare 288, only to find out it was really just a 308, but hey.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 02:18 PM   #157
jon_s
Regular User

well, this is a one off, so technically, more rare than a 288 lol
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:12 PM   #158
RC45
Regular User

And just like the custom coachwork Ferraris of yore... that is an awesome piece of craftsmanship....

Beats a piece of shit Diablo kit (no offense to Diablo's everywhere - just the fake kit ones) by a Nardo mile...

8)
Old 05-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #159
SPAD
Regular User

I would rather have a replica lambo than an M3.even though it may not handle as well as a real diablo it will be close.
but personally i would not put the real lambo badging on it.i would make my own
saymbol because i think it would be cooler the drive "my own creation".