Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 AM   #31
LEXION
Regular User

I need about 200 000$ NOOOWWW!!!!

Great looking car , loove it!!!!!

BTW: How many HP will F430 CS have? more than the new Porsche GT2?

My Flickr Photo sets | My YouTube Videos | Mod edit: No linking to personal business in a sig
LEXION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #32
rave426
Regular User

Doesnt look bad. Looks angry!! But the styling seems almost JDM like with those bronz wheels. Very original in terms of a Ferrari, but compared to the world it just looks like a Japanese tuner got hold of a 430 and made some modifications.

Would love to have though!!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #33
blue8
Regular User

Highest resolution pics I've seen:

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #34
Z3uS
Regular User

Looks awesome!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
crazidude
Regular User

Those rims look like something off an S2000 to me, those stripes look like a cheap after thought which would cost me an arm and a leg. Other than that, this looks awesome and the specs make it quite a promising track car. The weight is of course questionable. I'm really wondering how they shaved 200kg of a 430 without rebuilding the whole thing in carbon fiber.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 AM   #36
RAMMIUS
Regular User

About the colour of the rims, the most beautiful sports car of all times has them in the same colour, yet nobody complained about that :

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?im...i330p430nm.jpg

Assuming that some of you guys are correct and Ferrari quoted a dry car weight, and an wet car is around 1350 we`ll have:

2.6kg/hp Scuderia (with 1250 2.4)
3.3kg/hp GT3 RS
2.7kg/hp 997 GT2

There are RUMOURS that Scuderia went around Fiorano 0.5secs faster than an Enzo, and taking in consideration the importance put on handling by Ferrari enginners, this looks possible, also look at F40 vs F50, although clearly faster in a straight line, the F40 is easily surpassed on the track.

I suspect Scuderia to do 1-100km/h in 3.5s and 0-160km in 7s
Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 AM   #37
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Just for reference guys, the 360CS was never called 360CS from the factory just "Challenge Stradale". I believe this is the main reason for the name change, not to confuse the models.

Im thinking they have posted the new rims and new stripes to show potential customers what's new on offer, I'm thinking the old CS rims and even the italian stripe will prob still be an option. Or maybe not haha.
Originally Posted by RC45
Ferrari has never quoted wet weight for models.. in fact, they TELL magazines what to print for weight for certain models Wink
Have to disagree with you here. Naybe they pulled that crap along time ago but not anymore.
I just pulled out EVO magazine for the CS test and it shows kerb not dry weight.
I dont have a scanner for EVO(tho im sure TT made a scan of it many moons ago) but I do have a CS brochure and it shows both dry and kerb weight.
http://www.coresworld.net/Ferrari/Br...Stradale_5.pdf
Im not saying 100% it is kerb weight, it might be dry they are quoting but I recall when they released details of the 599 last year they posted kerb.

Anyway my friend saw the F430S testing at the Ring afew weeks back he said it was very loud
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:24 AM   #38
ferrari550
Regular User

Are Car and Driver that stupid? They think the F430 Scuderia is a lightweight model until the challenge stradale comes along.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...-scuderia.html
Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #39
HeilSvenska
Regular User

^ I guess they are. :roll: I doubt that Ferrari would bother with another lightweight model anymore. Maybe a better looking version of the Scuderia would be nice.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #40
nthfinity
Regular User

it wasn't rc who said it was dry weight, but he asked.... sameer quoted it as dry weight.

Originally Posted by rave426
Doesnt look bad. Looks angry!! But the styling seems almost JDM like with those bronz wheels. Very original in terms of a Ferrari, but compared to the world it just looks like a Japanese tuner got hold of a 430 and made some modifications.

Would love to have though!!
agreed! The F430 has some additions that helps it look better then the 360, , but... the whole car looks like a body kitted Ferrari 360 from Mines or something

I would still rather have the 650hp Enzo then any 430, be it racer, or not
Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #41
r2r
Regular User

At least they were smart enough to change the super ugly egg like air intakes at the front!

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I prefer the italian stripes of the 360CS, these stripes are... well - dull, unnecessary. The italian stripes had much more charisma

The wheels - I'm not sure about the wheels... in gunmetal gray they would look way better that this gold-ish paint.
agree!

It seems like they need a fresh design team at Ferrari.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #42
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The wheels - I'm not sure about the wheels... in gunmetal gray they would look way better that this gold-ish paint.
IMO the problem of the wheels is not the colour...is the design. i don't like them.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #43
rusrocket
Regular User

who the bloody hell cares what a beast looks like? its a fucking beast. deal with it.
rusrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:52 AM   #44
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by Pokiou
I think that 1.250kg is wet... with full tank. In Australia. all the cars get weight wet, well in Melbourne only as far as i know.
Ferrari has never quoted wet weight for models.. in fact, they TELL magazines what to print for weight for certain models
Maybe for the wanky yanky ones.

I think you'll find that every Autocar test has an independant weighing.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #45
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by rusrocket
who the bloody hell cares what a beast looks like? its a fucking beast. deal with it.
Easy for you to say. I dont think people who have enough money to pay for cars like this accept the terms "deal with it." Ferrari knows this also, and thats one reason why their cars are some of the most beautiful.

I can build you your very own personalized "beast" and have it look like shit. You mind paying me over 200K USD??!!