Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #31
Schwalbe

New RS6 update.

The new Audi C6 RS6 V10 FSI biturbo 5.0L [571hp vs 579hp (DIN/SAE)]

Random info: RS4/R8 Steering wheel, massive disc brakes, 20'' wheels, 7000rpm start of the redline etc...

Nice PS picture of the C6 RS6 Avant. :good:

Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #32
martin100
Regular User

^^Great pics :shock: The PS of the Avant is very nice! Lets hope it will really look like that.
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #33
Schwalbe

Very near the production version of the C6 RS6.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #34
Schwalbe

^^^^Those BBS wheels on this C6 RSS6 prototype are 20'', so I expect similar dimension for the final product. Even if I like very much the B7 RS4 "style" wheels in 20'' offered in option on the Audi A8 as you mention Dani, I hope Audi will put completely new wheels on the new C6 RS6 .
Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM   #35
novass
Regular User

Random question, is the new S6 Avant available or going to be available in North America? I assume it is or will be, but they don't list it on the Audi site.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #36
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by novass
Random question, is the new S6 Avant available or going to be available in North America? I assume it is or will be, but they don't list it on the Audi site.
Unfortunately we will not have the Audi (C6) S6 Avant, because Audi North America marketing departement bases their sale strategy on the previous Audi (C5) S6 Avant which wasn't a commercial success in America. It's very sad because the Audi C6 S6 Avant is a pure beauty with a powerful V10 engine. And...we will not have the C6 RS6 Avant also.

Personally, I never understand this customer strategy from Audi North America, because the people and Audi Fan here want and beg for RS4 and RS6 Avant models. :bah:
Old 06-22-2007, 02:06 AM   #37
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe
Unfortunately we will not have the Audi (C6) S6 Avant, because Audi North America marketing departement bases their sale strategy on the previous Audi (C5) S6 Avant which wasn't a commercial success in America. It's very sad because the Audi C6 S6 Avant is a pure beauty with a powerful V10 engine. And...we will not have the C6 RS6 Avant also.

Personally, I never understand this customer strategy from Audi North America, because the people and Audi Fan here want and beg for RS4 and RS6 Avant models. :bah:
Thanks for clearing that up and I feared that that might be the case. I was seriously considering buying one sometime down the road. Initially I wanted a S4 Avant (still do), but the roomier S6 Avant would've been a wiser choice (not to mention it has a V10). It would be sometime before I could afford that anyway, so hopefully something will change in the meantime :fingers crossed:

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #38
blue8
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

Audi success is based mainly in their Avant versions - stupid move by Audi North America not to import those versions to the States
I'm not an expert, but demand for station wagons are low in the US. American companies don't even produce much of these type of cars.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #39
salegosse
Regular User

It needs a wideboy...
Old 06-22-2007, 11:57 AM   #40
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by salegosse
It needs a wideboy...
You mean white boy?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #41
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by blue8
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

Audi success is based mainly in their Avant versions - stupid move by Audi North America not to import those versions to the States
I'm not an expert, but demand for station wagons are low in the US. American companies don't even produce much of these type of cars.
Yep, even if the die-hard Audi fan here in America ask and would buy an C6 S6/ B7 RS4/ C6 RS6 Avant model, the demand for powerful and luxury station-wagon is very weak. Audi North America sold many B6/B7 A4 Avant, but they don't want to risk and go further than Audi S4 Avant range. I hope this will change one day !

And we need to not forgotten that the classic reflex here is to buy an SUV when people need more interior room space and buy a sport coupe for the performance...not combine both like the Audi RS Avant, M5 Touring and the Merc E55 Sport Wagon.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #42
novass
Regular User

^ True, wagons aren't very popular when compared to SUVs. I see very very few E55 wagons around and I think the ones I have seen have all been the same ones LOL I actually see quite a few Audi wagons, at least around where I live and they would be perfect for places that get lots of snow and rain :bah: I want a S6 Avant! :x

-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #43
blue8
Regular User

Autoblog:
"Thanks God for traction control," was the first thought that ran through our minds when we came across the reported power figures of the new Audi RS6. Floating around the tubes of the Internets are the chassis codes for the new RS6, which look something like this: Audi AG 47 7967 21 AAJ N31 N30 579 426 5002. What does all that mean? Well, the 579 figure is the metric horsepower rating, which is equivalent to about 571 HP, while 426 refers to the kilowatts, and 5002 is a reference to the cubic centimeters of displacement.

According to Auto Motor und Sport, purveyors of only the finest rumors, over 730 lb.-ft. of torque will be sent to all four wheels via a six-speed ZF automatic gearbox, with the possibility of a DSG transmission later on. In order to tame all those units of energy, carbon ceramic disks will be an option over the standard rotors – a good call if you ask us.

Beyond the jaw-dropping potential of the 'standard' RS6, the German rag also reports that a 'Plus' version may become available with additional power – somewhere in the neighborhood of 620 to 625 HP – with the twin-turbo'd mill potentially finding a home within the RS R8.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #44
Schwalbe

^^^^^The possible C6 RS6 Plus will be a mighty beast.

I have some doubt about an RS version of the R8 with a V10 biturbo, I wonder how Audi will do to find some space to put 2 turbos in the compact R8 engine compartment ?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #45
Pokiou
Regular User

This is going to be an awesome sleeper car !!!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote