Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-18-2004, 08:31 AM   #46
heath
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
Well the fact that the Holden is the most popular (sales wise, and therefore very common on the roads) car tells me it must be doing something right if so many people buy it. I don't really like the normal Commodore (Executive) all that much either but I still wouldn't call it dull, while the sports models (and HSV's) are beautiful cars that perform well.
beautiful is a rather descriptive word for a rather plain car...

but each to their own, if we didn't have variety in life we'd all die of boredom. as for performance....well...whatever you reckon...

commodore is a commodore is a commodore, you can't fool me by putting some rims on it and slapping a few badges on the arse end, its still a commodore. SS, HSV, Clubsport, Senator, blah blah blah, whatever...its always gonna share the one badge, commodore which equals boring. The only one I'd ever consider being beautiful in my opinion is the Monaro. But still its a commodore....but somehow a little more refined...anyway, judging by your wife beater VN/VP in your sig there, I don't think you're about to agree with me in a hurry so lets do the old "let by gones be by gones"

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:05 PM   #47
Gnome
Regular User

A Saab is way too fun to drive to be boring. Find a twisty road, and try one!

I have to go for the Koreans Hyundai and Kia.

I think the worst current car is The Kia Carnival.

It has horrible performance, even for an asian van, and it is no fun to drive. Another problem is that it only scored two stars (of five possible) in the Euro NCAP crash test. It's less safe than any small car on the market, I think.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #48
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Ech..... That hood scoop...
Old 08-19-2004, 06:03 PM   #49
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska
Ech..... That hood scoop...
no no no...thats sporty..honest. I guess the koreans just dont get it.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #50
noliebro
Regular User

The Toyota Prius
"driving this car is like Metamusel, you'll be glad when it's over"- Car and Driver

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #51
topgeartom
Regular User

no no no no. The prius isnt dull!!! It has one of the most interesting/advanced power units in any car today. It may be slow and crap to drive but that aint the point. The car is interesting.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:22 PM   #52
sergei_dekker85
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gnome
A Saab is way too fun to drive to be boring. Find a twisty road, and try one!

I have to go for the Koreans Hyundai and Kia.

I think the worst current car is The Kia Carnival.

It has horrible performance, even for an asian van, and it is no fun to drive. Another problem is that it only scored two stars (of five possible) in the Euro NCAP crash test. It's less safe than any small car on the market, I think.
as a matter of fact IT IS....POOR fuel economy,low pwer (Even for a 2.7L V6 engine) and reliability....all the factors of it making it a bad car.....the same goes for all korean cars (no offense)
sergei_dekker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 01:51 AM   #53
BADMIHAI
Regular User

the same goes for all korean cars (no offense)
The truth shouldn't offend anyone.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:49 AM   #54
cho_888
Regular User

i am going to second the holden commodore its jsut so common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no matter what model you get you could be asured that every time you take it out you would pull up next to one exactly the same. wouldnt that be a little depressing?
Old 08-22-2004, 04:03 AM   #55
sikx5
Regular User

yeah commodore/falcon, and porsches.....how would you feel to own a commodore, damn sad i reckon.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:31 AM   #56
cho_888
Regular User

falcon not soo bad, and i will take a quote form the paper " its not that all commodore drivers are bogans, but all bogans drive commodores"
Old 08-24-2004, 02:42 AM   #57
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by heath
beautiful is a rather descriptive word for a rather plain car...

but each to their own, if we didn't have variety in life we'd all die of boredom. as for performance....well...whatever you reckon...

commodore is a commodore is a commodore, you can't fool me by putting some rims on it and slapping a few badges on the arse end, its still a commodore. SS, HSV, Clubsport, Senator, blah blah blah, whatever...its always gonna share the one badge, commodore which equals boring. The only one I'd ever consider being beautiful in my opinion is the Monaro. But still its a commodore....but somehow a little more refined...anyway, judging by your wife beater VN/VP in your sig there, I don't think you're about to agree with me in a hurry so lets do the old "let by gones be by gones"
Well what exactly do you call an AMG or Brabus car then? They are also just ordinary cars with badges, wheels and performance upgrades aren't they? So a Merc is a Merc is a Merc, blah, blah blah.
A wife beater VN, WTF is that suppose to mean? What is it that you drive?
My argument is that a Commodore is the average family car in Australia (along with Falcons) and thats what they should be regarded as, nothing more....unless of course you talk about HSV's which are for the more performance-oriented people...and yes they do have some performance...unless of course you call a 285kW/300kW 5.7 V8 something different.

Originally Posted by cho_888
i am going to second the holden commodore its jsut so common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no matter what model you get you could be asured that every time you take it out you would pull up next to one exactly the same. wouldnt that be a little depressing?
That would also happen in a Falcon...nearly as common but not as many because people (the wise ones) prefer Commodores.
Your comment doesn't apply to me since only 483 models were made of my car, and I've only seen 2 other ones since I've had it...so no it doesn't apply to EVERY model as you stated.

As for the bogan comment, I agree somewhat but those losers/waste of space people drive other cars too...usually anything they can afford from their centrelink payments (that inlcudes Falcons).....but I'm a uni educated guy so I'm glad you included that qoute otherwise I would have had to rant on even more.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:57 AM   #58
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by sikx5
yeah commodore/falcon, and porsches.....how would you feel to own a commodore, damn sad i reckon.
A Porsche is dull? I don't need to say anything to that.
I drive a Commodore and I'm not 'damn sad', very happy actually.
Have a look at the thread about the new VZ Commodore and read the responses of international members, they don't seem like they would be sad to drive a Commodore.
What do you drive that makes you so happy?