Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 11-20-2005, 06:33 AM   #1
Zot09
Regular User

Default Question involving spyware

Alright, so to get down to the point, every 30 minutes to an hour, a stupid banner pops up asking me to download WinFixer 2005 to clean my computers registry. I click "cancel" and then a new IE window pops up taking me to the main page. I've ran my anti-virus software(McAfee), and used my anti-spyware program(Microsoft Anti-Spyware) to search for it, but nothing has popped up. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there a way to rid of it? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:12 AM   #2
zondaland
Regular User

Try downloading adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy. Those two tend to cover most things, they are also free.
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:21 AM   #3
antonioledesma
Regular User

as zondaland says, download those programs.
Sometimes both spybot and ad-aware don't detect the spyware/malware. Download this if you run spybot and ad-aware and your computer still has those ads: Bazooka Scanner (link). This program will NOT clean your computer, it only detects spyware. Once you have the name of the spyware program you can google it and find the solution
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
abbor
Regular User

I had that problem, untill I tried to get rid of another one, raze spyware...

I used HijackThis, which I think is better, because it shows all things running that might be this type of shit... Although you gotta now what you should never remove..

You may have to run it in safe mode, search, and delete files like: URLSearchHook, and SearchAssistant... Also, if you find something like 180solutions, remove that one...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote