Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 03-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Captain America dead at 66

Superhero Captain America has been killed off after appearing in US comic books for 66 years.
The character, who appears in the Captain America comic book, was created in 1941 to build up patriotic feeling during World War II.

Co-creator Joe Simon told the New York Daily News: "It's a hell of a time for him to go, We really need him now."

Publisher Marvel Entertainment has confirmed it is developing a film based on the character.

Fans may not have seen the last of the character in print either, as the comic's editor-in-chief, Joe Quesada, refuses to rule out resurrecting him in the future.

The latest edition will show the superhero dying on the steps of a courthouse in New York, after he was shot by a sniper.

Captain America first appeared nine months before the Pearl Harbor bombings, punching Hitler on the cover of the comic's first issue.

Since then, Marvel has sold more than 200 million copies of Captain America magazine in 75 countries.
Never really cared for Captain America, but I've never seen a superhero being killed off like that. But since this is comicbook stuff, I'm sure he'll come back to life one way or the other.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

Mm why did they do this, I mean he was still pretty popular right?

Weird to see this happen, but ok lets hope he returns!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

I don't like these trick to make people talk about an hero which was becoming less popular (for the sales). They already did it with Superman and the come back was quite weird and confusing ...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
graywolf624
Regular User

Mm why did they do this, I mean he was still pretty popular right?
In this case they want to push their political agenda.. The background of the story is that they had to register them selves due to the patriot act. A bit much propoganda for a childrens comic I think.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
Pokiou
Regular User

amm.. this isn't the first time captain America has been killed off.

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote