Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #31
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^ ooh God, not that Tom character :x

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #32
RCV
Regular User

I only hope that if someday, Top Gear is officially canceled, at least the hosts go to 5th gear. Though I still prefer the way it is today - two separate shows.
RCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
TopGearNL
Regular User

TG should stay as it is, just more reviews would be nice!

Its a shame Tiff went away he's welcome to come back IMO, but I don't want that Tom, vicky ''cocksucking'' Henderson or LoveJoy ever coming to TG!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #34
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #35
Pokiou
Regular User

See from reading this post.. i have come to the conclusion that we, the fans of TOP GEAR know what better for TOP GEAR then the BBC does. I reckon we do a hostile take over and have TOP GEAR in 1000 languages and showed all over the world, on all the channels 24-7 !!!

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #36
Dubai
Regular User

If TopGear goes like "Pimp my Ride" or similar Brother like 5th Gear, I would jump from a 45 tower, and throw an 18 bus seater behind me, and to make things more ACTION!! I will be having a 1948 Armor Tank below me on the ground floor pointing upward, and to fill it up with a nuclear chemicals just in case the missile did not launch!

JC is the main reason that people do enjoy his show, Tiff and his gang are "Nice" but you will always pay attention to JC, althou usually he talks rubbish. But I love it.

So, I am don't worry, if he leaves TopGear, he will create something new, and I hope it will be in Discovery Channel HD, so I can watch it on my TV. but again, I might jump!
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #37
Made in the USA
Regular User

Top Gear has gone from being a great car show to a scripted bunch of terrible crap that barley has anything to do with cars at all anymore. And of course that makes since why it now has the best ratings ever. The masses of people always like crap over real content.

2005 was the last season that the show was any good at all. Its utter rubbish now and should go off the air. Or they should just stop trying to pretend it has anything to do with cars and just let those 3 idiots clown around for an hour once a week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon Cowell took over as a “silent” director/ producer in 2006 because the show now has a cheap, cheesy, low brow fell like all the other shows and music that loser is involved with!

RIP Top Gear, you have already been dead for a long time!
Made in the USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #38
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by Made in the USA
Top Gear has gone from being a great car show to a scripted bunch of terrible crap that barley has anything to do with cars at all anymore. And of course that makes since why it now has the best ratings ever. The masses of people always like crap over real content.

2005 was the last season that the show was any good at all. Its utter rubbish now and should go off the air. Or they should just stop trying to pretend it has anything to do with cars and just let those 3 idiots clown around for an hour once a week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon Cowell took over as a “silent” director/ producer in 2006 because the show now has a cheap, cheesy, low brow fell like all the other shows and music that loser is involved with!

Psh. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:54 PM   #39
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska

I think he's entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately it's correct that TG has gone from a car show to something slightly different. I also think that's kinda sad and would like to se more focus on cars.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #40
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Originally Posted by HeilSvenska

I think he's entitled to an opinion. Unfortunately it's correct that TG has gone from a car show to something slightly different. I also think that's kinda sad and would like to se more focus on cars.
I kind of feel the same way, I miss the old Top Gear. Nowadays the jokes are quite montonne and predictable, some of the features are pointless and utter rubbish, I watch the show for those few classic moments which have become quite rare ever since the proclaimed "change" which took place 2 seasone ago.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #41
ARMAN
Regular User

even as much as I love TG I have to admit the crew is a bit overacting to make it more a funny show with cars than a car show. still theres NO better show on the planet 8)

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:53 PM   #42
martin100
Regular User

^ dito. It isn´t as good as it was back in Series 7 (The best season ever IMO), but it is still VERY funny and entertaining. And with the LP640 review they showed that they are still able to produce the best car reviews in the world. The three characters simply work to well together to be boring. And i don´t want to see those idiots from crap gear at TG, as it would destroy the whole style of the show and the chemistry between JC, JM and RH.
And all you guys complaining about the last series should rather be glad that it still exists at all after all the late rumours :x Imagine what the car programme world would be like without TG and only crap gear left!
As i said, it wasn´t as good as series 7 for example, but it is still by far the best car programme in the world. And the features like the tractor or stretchlimo challenges were just hilarious, even if they weren´t completely related to cars.

All i hope for is that they just do a bit more car reviews in the next series and the summer special. Everything else should stay as it is
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #43
Made in the USA
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
even as much as I love TG I have to admit the crew is a bit overacting to make it more a funny show with cars than a car show. still theres NO better show on the planet 8)
No better show on the planet? How about the UK office, American Office, Alan PArtridge, Saxondale, Extras, Sopranos, Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares, 30 Rock, modern Marvels, Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, How it's made, ... just to name a few that are / were so much better than Top Gear since 2006 its not even funny!!

Not to mention your very poor quality rips you put up on this board for “special users” that does not even begin to live up to the already available copies of Top Gear via torrent each and every episode!! I mean come on you are in Russia or Prague doing analog rips??!! That’s just pathetic!! Why does Jabba even let you be the one to provide that late, low quality rips of Top Gear? Are you disabled and in need of something to do or something.
Yeah I will get banned (again for what the 5th or 6th time? Cant remember) for this post and I’m “Base” but I mean come on!! What the fucking hell!?!?!
Made in the USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 AM   #44
acmarttin
Regular User

No better show on the planet? How about the UK office, American Office, Alan PArtridge, Saxondale, Extras, Sopranos, Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares, 30 Rock, modern Marvels, Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, How it's made, ... just to name a few that are / were so much better than Top Gear since 2006 its not even funny!!

Not to mention your very poor quality rips you put up on this board for “special users” that does not even begin to live up to the already available copies of Top Gear via torrent each and every episode!! I mean come on you are in Russia or Prague doing analog rips??!! That’s just pathetic!! Why does Jabba even let you be the one to provide that late, low quality rips of Top Gear? Are you disabled and in need of something to do or something.
Yeah I will get banned (again for what the 5th or 6th time? Cant remember) for this post and I’m “Base” but I mean come on!! What the fucking hell!?!?!
I'll tell you what the fucking hell - joining Fast Track is a way to support the site, and JW has way more to offer than Top Gear clips.

Suck our collective taints.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:13 AM   #45
Ghostbat
Regular User

Naturally Arman was talking about carshows you dipstick. If you dislike JW so much it's pretty pathetic that you return over and over again just to get banned.. Go find something else to do.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote