Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #16
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Originally Posted by PATo355
Its really good. ... in my opinion HOT METAL was the best .
I thought the same
Yeah that was the best!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #17
PATo355
Regular User

Hot metal and Shootout must be 2 of the best clarkson dvds ... i have all 12 of them ... oh and the most outrageouts clarkson ever is exellent too , the first half hour ...

All clarkson features are epic , but i must note that for me , a supercar fan , those are among the best .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:56 PM   #18
martin100
Regular User

IMO this is the best JC vid in recent years! Very funny how he bashes American cars
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #19
DeMoN
Regular User

^ which is why no american has posted perhaps lol?

I too agree most of those cars he bashed on deserve it. I dont like those american cars. The Z06 C6 Corvette tho is amazing. Even if he says that it drives bad on roads, I wouldnt care to own one. My only complaint about the Z06 is its HIDEOUS unforgivable interior WOW its like they WANTED it to look ugly. Too bad, thats the only thing that spoils it.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
dm_h_2007

The whole thing is horse shit. I'm all for Clarkson doing his American car bashing bit but this is just stupid.

Let’s start out with the Mustang race. I don’t know if you guys in Europe noticed but Clarkson made one of the biggest mistakes yet! He says he is racing a 4.6 V8 mustang, but infact it is a v6 auto convertible, the very slowest of all mustangs. How can a guy like that make this kind of mistake?! He could not tell from the sound and speed that it was a V6?? Funny because this was one of the first bits basically killing all credibility of the whole video from the start.

Then he races a SRT10 Pick-up against an Ariel Atom... WTF does that prove? A 1,000lbs cart is faster around corners than a 6,000lbs truck?!?! Wow that’s real ground breaking stuff there.

And he drives a Range Rover to the top of a mountain while the Escalade and H2 couldn’t make it. Again what does this prove? Those cars are made for street use only, even the H2, why not use the H1? He did a similar test on Top Gear and the Jeep beat both the Range Rover and the Toyota Land cruiser. But he just decided not to include a Jeep in this one I wonder why…

He fills two 17 year old cars with water to “prove” English cars are made better?!?! WTF??? I guess he had to go back 17 years to find a car that was made by a British car company that wasn’t now owned by an American company!! LMFAO!!

It just goes on and on with his America bashing. He keeps talking about the coffee being weak and coming in giant Styrofoam cups. Yet he was in LA where there is a Starbuck’s on every corner and they don’t use Styrofoam and I’m sure he would have found their coffee to his liking even though he would never admit it.

Also once again he has ignored the Saleen S7 completely even though he was within a few hundred miles of where they are made. It’s pretty obvious he is scared of this car and how good it is.

And lastly he claims the Z4-M is faster around a track than the Viper SRT10. But that race looked totally scripted like everything else in this piece of crap. I think we could all check the N-ring times and see the Viper is a much faster car in the straits AND corners.

This was one of the worst done pieces of crap ever made. Did they let him write and direct it or something?!?! Even British people will find this garbage. Easily the worst showing from Clarkson and that’s a pretty big statement when you think about it. This DVD belongs in the bargain bin at gas stations in Europe for $2.99 and even then it probably wouldn’t sell. He should have just stayed home in his light house on the Isle of Man!
dm_h_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #21
thepest
Regular User

:shock: WOW, now that's what I call a first post!

Always outnumbered, never outguned!!!
thepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
saadie
Regular User

Then he races a SRT10 Pick-up against an Ariel Atom... WTF does that prove? A 1,000lbs cart is faster around corners than a 6,000lbs truck?!?! Wow that’s real ground breaking stuff there.
Ram SRT 10 is i guess a V10 which should not be any less then 8 liters .... the atom is just 2 liters .... but hey whats the point of RAM SRT10 anyway

And he drives a Range Rover to the top of a mountain while the Escalade and H2 couldn’t make it. Again what does this prove? Those cars are made for street use only, even the H2, why not use the H1? He did a similar test on Top Gear and the Jeep beat both the Range Rover and the Toyota Land cruiser. But he just decided not to include a Jeep in this one I wonder why…
whats the purpose of off roaders on the road, especially when they cant crawl up a mountain.

And lastly he claims the Z4-M is faster around a track than the Viper SRT10. But that race looked totally scripted like everything else in this piece of crap. I think we could all check the N-ring times and see the Viper is a much faster car in the straits AND corners.
Even if the SRT10 is faster on the ring .. its only because of straigh line speed ... and thats all ... Z4M is made with better/newer technology then the SRT10 for freaking sakes the rpm at the crank is near to what F1 cars have and im dead sure the handling is wayy better then the SRT10

and yeah ... you are talking like you were there when they were filming ...

i havnt seen the DVD yet ... but im pretty sure what clarkson has shown is how pointless most of the american cars are.
The american cars are changing and are not what they were before, they are getting better in every aspect, performance technology and handling, but they are not as good as european counterparts 8)
Old 12-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #23
dm_h_2007

When has anyone ever described an Escalade as an off-roader?? I have NEVER heard anyone ever say that. It’s just a big family wagon designed to move a lot of people from one place to another, on streets, with a lot of "bling" around them.

The H2 is just more of that same concept. Agian why didn't they put a Jeep Cherokee in that test? I will tell you why, because it cost less than half the price of the Range Rover yet is a better off road car.

“Even if the SRT10 is faster on the ring .. its only because of straight line speed ... and that’s all ... Z4M is made with better/newer technology then the SRT10 for freaking sakes the rpm at the crank is near to what F1 cars have and im dead sure the handling is wayy better then the SRT10”

Yeah exactly. That’s why this was another stupid test. They are two completely different kinds of cars. And the Viper is like a 10-15 year older design than the Z4. Plus like he says the Viper is like an “ax murderer”. I guess that makes the Z4 a pansy little metro sexual soccer player that reeks of cologne! It may be faster at running around a corner but would you ever want to be one, or be seen with one? LOL
Old 12-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #24
Max Power

Agian why didn't they put a Jeep Cherokee in that test? I will tell you why, because it cost less than half the price of the Range Rover yet is a better off road car.
because irregardless of whatever car you might think would be a better match for whatever Clarkson picks out, he will always find something to critic about it ... might aswell just enjoy his opinion ... not everyone shares it
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #25
saadie
Regular User

When has anyone ever described an Escalade as an off-roader?? I have NEVER heard anyone ever say that. It’s just a big family wagon designed to move a lot of people from one place to another, on streets, with a lot of "bling" around them. The H2 is just more of that same concept.
whats the point in that ?

Agian why didn't they put a Jeep Cherokee in that test? I will tell you why, because it cost less than half the price of the Range Rover yet is a better off road car.
hmm soo why have I never seen a stock Jeep Cherokee on offroad tracks or whatever. I've only seen modified versions of that car going offroad doing crazy things. Jeep cherokee in front of me is Freelander meterial. if you know what im saying.

Viper is like a 10-15 year older design than the Z4
ohh wait .. didnt the new one come out in 03/04 ?

edit ::

like Max just said ......
dm_h_2007 ... nobody cares what you think ... heck nobody cares what I think ...
soo lets just get along
Old 12-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #26
dm_h_2007

Oh and buy the way they compare the 300C SRT to the M5?? That’s a stupid comparison. Why not compare it to the Cadillac CTS-V? The 05, CTS-V beat the 05, M5 on the ring. You want to come back with the argument that the M5 still corners better? Ok sure it does. But what does that mean? The reason the Nurburgring was created was to show how well cars do in both corner and straights.

Racing is a mix of both. So European cars are better at cornering and American cars are better at straight lines. But who cares? The only thing that matters is which is better on a track with both. Saying a car is better in corners is as meaningless as saying a car is better at straight lines. What matters is which is better at the end of a lap. And Clarkson can do all the scripted little races he wants at Willow Springs or on the Top Gear track but no one will ever care compared to the Nurburgring times.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #27
dm_h_2007

"hmm soo why have I never seen a stock Jeep Cherokee on offroad tracks or whatever. I've only seen modified versions of that car going offroad doing crazy things. Jeep cherokee in front of me is Freelander meterial. if you know what im saying. "

They did do this on Top Gear once. And in the first test the stock Cherokee clearly beat all the others. Then they showed all of them get stuck in the mud except the Jeep and just kind of stopped mentioning it. Back in the studio Hammond had to ask Jeremy why they didn’t show the Jeep in the mud test and Clarkson game some lame excuse and said “but it did get stuck too”. LOL yeah right, if the Jeep would have gotten stuck it would have been the featured clip of the whole thing.

Kind of how he out right lied about the Mustang, calling the V6 a V8.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #28
saadie
Regular User

^ like i said before .... american cars ARE getting better
soo hmm why ddint he compare the shelby cobra to the atom or the westfield or thr weismen .. there are limit less possiblities ...

but anyway ... whats the point in arguing about something that ahs already been done ....
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #29
Max Power

but no one will ever care compared to the Nurburgring times
well maybe u won't care...but TG gets a lot more exposure than NR times...

but there's no point in preaching it here...we already know this
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #30
ARMAN
Regular User

Take it easy dm_h_2007, Clarkson is making up alot of things and I can bet my neighbor's house on that he even edit some of the competitions he make so it will be just like he wants it to be even if the actual result of race/competition etc was different He is a showman.

BTW I love that film of his, IMHO best he've done sofar

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote