Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
gtx28
Regular User

Default So I got a new toy.

As some of you may know a while back I sold all my toys to start a realestate company. I did well for a while, then for reasons ill not go into the business was closed. Me and my partner parted ways friends and i was fortunate enough to close with no debt. Essentially I did well for a while, now im back to where i started. Was feeling down in the dumps for a bit. So I was thinking its time for a new toy.

Having said that Ive bought not one but two new cars. If youve read any of my posts you may have noticed im rather biased against ford products. So in an attempt to grow as a person and learn Ive purchased two fox body mustangs.

The whole thing kinda fell into my lap. I found an 89' LX notchback 4banger in excellent shape for almost nothing. And a 90' gt with a 5.0 and good driveline(pulled some favors and got that one almost free lol but thats another story.) So i am going to swap the good parts from the rusting falling apart 90 body into the lighter no rust 89. Then intend to do an 90% race build up. It will rarely see street use.

I will have pics when I can but I posted all this to ask for some input from the ford guys. I know mostly chevys. I just tore down two ford motors with a friend and they are sooo different. So Im asking advice on suspension for the moment. I intend to make the suspension or foundation solid first before playing with the driveline etc.

I know this project will take a long time but I always plan first etc. I appreciate the input thx guys.
gtx28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #2
DodgeMan1969
Regular User

Cool I like your choice of cars, something cheap and powerful.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #3
Zot09
Regular User

Sorry to hear about the business, but at least you're out of it in a good financial state. Nice find, with the cars that is. Best of luck in your endevours.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

well if you plan on building a drag car I would go with a fully tuneable 4 link in the rear and while you're at it do a better axle and tub it. do subframe connectors no matter what and I would go with adjustable coilovers in the front for more tuneability at the track. also invest in a high quality cage if the car won't be street driven much.

on the power side what are we talking here for goals? if you want a fast car you will need to do a stroker motor or a built 5.0 and alot of power adder maybe both. 5.0s stock are slow.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
hemi_fan
Regular User

nice, fox-bodies are teh way to go man. You'll love them. I drive a 90' GT as well and its a blast. check out www.stangnet.com, and www.corral.net for all the info you will EVER need on fox-body mustangs. If you plan on going turbo, www.turbomustangs.com is the place to be.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote