Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-29-2004, 04:31 PM   #16
Porsche_Cayenne
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
At least that stolen money is put to good use :roll:
Why stole money? I hate when people see nice cars and just assume they were bought thanks to illegal traffics and so on... it's like probably just in 1% of the cases.. maybe less...
I agree TT...

Berlusconi rulez hihi
Old 03-29-2004, 04:51 PM   #17
tanelvali
Regular User

I disagree. 99% of very rich people from former USSR are rich because of stealing. one way or another. This is my opinion as well as credited lectures around the world universities. Even "lawful" privatizations were actually not "really legal". You foreigners may not know but the 1980s elite, i.e. people in access to state property.. well.. most of them are millionaires today, not because of good business intuitions or high educational level, but because managers from factory X made some agreements with managers from factory Z and so on... And this is true. Sure there are many hosest rich people also, but MOST of them got their beginnig funds to start their businesses ILLEGIMATELY. Go and study "transition economics" lectures at the local university and you will be surprised. I can recommend some books also. In english.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
I disagree. 99% of very rich people from former USSR are rich because of stealing. one way or another. This is my opinion as well as credited lectures around the world universities. Even "lawful" privatizations were actually not "really legal". You foreigners may not know but the 1980s elite, i.e. people in access to state property.. well.. most of them are millionaires today, not because of good business intuitions or high educational level, but because managers from factory X made some agreements with managers from factory Z and so on... And this is true. Sure there are many hosest rich people also, but MOST of them got their beginnig funds to start their businesses ILLEGIMATELY. Go and study "transition economics" lectures at the local university and you will be surprised. I can recommend some books also. In english.
Agreed. I would say 95% of rich people in Ukraine are mafiozos. And Im talking rich. Millioners. Trust me, if you count which countrys have the most BILLIONERS with a B then Russia and Ukraine will be on top. Countrys full of fucking theifs!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 08:25 PM   #19
krlos
Regular User

Dude fuck that! THE CAR! that's what matters here. I've seen it twice, and it's incredible, when you buy that car you just want to be there with some bitches lol

personally, i doubt that I would buy a Maybach, even if I would have billion dollars.. WHY? BecauseMaybach is kinda car where you suppose to sit in the back, the guy in front of a steering wheel is you servant. So.. for as long as I like driving my own cars I'd prefer other cars,

EDIT: actually, when i'd have billion dollars perhaps I'd buy one just in pure sence of owning this car... Nice to let drive myself home when drinking ina restaurant for example.
I completely agree with you!!
Old 03-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #20
DTM8
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Agreed. I would say 95% of rich people in Ukraine are mafiozos. And Im talking rich. Millioners. Trust me, if you count which countrys have the most BILLIONERS with a B then Russia and Ukraine will be on top. Countrys full of fucking theifs!
Unfortunately, I also somewhat agree. Even with Russias Billionairs. Just recently, they have finally looked into Khodorkovsky's deals. Its a shame that he stole so much money from Russia.

Anyway, back to the Maybach. Lets see if that Maybach survives without getting hit by another car in the streets of Moscow
DTM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:50 AM   #21
Dirk
Regular User

Haha, very typical for Russia. When you walk there, all you see is Mercedes S500, so was waiting for Maybach to show up there
Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:25 AM   #22
altezza
Regular User

and Rolls-Royce just opened a dealership in Moscow at 1 Red Square
probably they want to get a share of the huge luxury car market in Russia
altezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #23
oantob
Regular User

maybe that maybach owner is the one that knows all of the Stallin golds