Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by obdr
yeah and did any of you read about how much it cost him to run that car????!!! Its completely INSANE how much he spent running that car for 30,000 miles (this was the point where he did the running costs up....he has more miles on it now Im sure). He could have bought about 10 truly GREAT cars for the price he spent driving that playboys car for 30,000 miles. Then again, to each his own.

He calculated how much it costs him per mile of driving just to run it....not including the price he paid for it and the depreciation he had to eat........I wish I could remmember the figures but they completely blew my mind. It basically turned me off Lambo (and super cars in general) forever.

I wonder how the running costs of, say, a Ferrari F430, would compare. Its just hard for me to believe when, for instance, my dads 2006 Civic (the new 8th gen one) has already got 40,000 miles on it now and guess what:

Nothing has gone wrong
Nothing has needed to be replaced (no brakes, tires, wipers etc) but some filters.
Only costs so far were the two "check ups" in the service plan in which a few things were adjusted and checked as a matter of course. Next service is at 60,000 miles. That will costs a couple hundred.
So basically in 40,000 miles its costs him about $250 or less to pay for the mechanics time to check everything up and make sure all is well and change soem filters.......

Sorry guys, I know its a Civic, but for crying out loud....if a $20,000 Civic can pull this off then why cant a super car?!?!?! Its just kinda sad to me. The only really expensive sports car I see being daily driven seem to be Porsche's and BMW's (m5,M6). The rest just cant handle it I guess. They start to cost too damn much and need too much attention.

I know I know I know......its an ultra powerfull car where the mechanicals are pushed to the edge so, natrually, its gonna require more $$/attention to keep it going. Also, its a hyper car so the people who buy it dont really care all that much about its running costs.

I know all that but still...........its just a bit nuts to have such hugely high running costs. Any "normal" car that had as many problems as his Lambo did over just 30,000 miles would be shunned as crap.
Take into consideration that the people that run these cars generally don't give a flying fuck how much it costs.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
obdr
Regular User

yeah, I did take that into consideration

Still, its nice for us folks of average incomes to look at just how freakin much it costs to run these super cars...........Just gives me all the more respect for Porsche's and such that dont cost an arm and a leg to run yet still give world class performance. (excluding the PCCB option hehehe)
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
obdr
Regular User

Oh and my source on those figures is Evo magazine itself. If you look at the back issues they did a write up on that exact lambo and totaled up the running costs he had up until that point. If you are an Evo reader you can find it. I dont remmember exactly which edition it was........I jsut remmember that it made a big impression on me bacause the costs were just SOOOO much more then I would have expected........even from a car costing that much.
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote