Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Sports Car Forum > Photo of the Month

Photo of the Month The MotorWorld 'Photo of the Month' Competition

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?
twboy1999, BMW E60 M5 26 10.24%
Smylait, BMW E46 M3 CSL 16 6.30%
sl55kleemann, Ferrari 360 Modena and Maserati Gransport 2 0.79%
salegosse, Gumpert Apollo 18 7.09%
P_Zero_Rosso, Ford Focus ST 9 3.54%
goldfinger147, Maserati MC12 17 6.69%
80ssportlover, Mustang GT 14 5.51%
nthfinity, Vector W8 5 1.97%
dingo, Maserati Quattroporte 5 1.97%
Darkel, Bugatti EB110 SS 11 4.33%
tifosi, Ferrari F40 and 575 Superamerica 9 3.54%
TT, Ferrari 430 30 11.81%
Wutputt, Lamborghini Gallardo SE 14 5.51%
c0wb0y007, Lamborghini Gallardo GTR 10 3.94%
dodo, Porsche Carrera GT 8 3.15%
Maou, Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante 9 3.54%
pterps, Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage 11 4.33%
vakpemil, 9ff 996 Turbo 8 3.15%
sameerrao, Ferrari 355 Spider and 360 Modena 3 1.18%
hamlet, Opel Speedster 1 0.39%
dani_d_mas, Ferrari 355 10 3.94%
stmoritzer, Gumpert Apollo 18 7.09%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 04:08 AM   #31
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Ok so, again ppl asking to change the voting method.

I am SURE that, if now we have between 200 and 300 ppl voting every month, with the new method we would have way less than 50, but we could still give it a shot maybe.

Basically, like we do on another forum, everybody HAS to give 6 points to the best picture, 5 to the second and down to 1 for the 6th one in this book.
At the end of the month we'll do the maths and who got more points will win.

There will be a MAIN rule: EVERY member with a picture entered in the contest MUST vote (not for his pic obviously), or else, at the end of the month he will get ZERO points. (all the entrants will be notified via PM since most pics are picked by us)

I guess we'll post also a topic in the announcements to see who is interested in using this new and possibly easier method
Thats how they do the voting at GM Inside News. We vote for our 3 favorites in order. The process works very well.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #32
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by twboy1999
wow
so many awsome pics... i almost dont want to pick my own pics... but, still i gotta go with myself.. lol

i am determin to win the photo of the month in teh future.. i know i cant win with juts a e60m5... thats why this week, i am doign a photoshoot with a blue ferrari 550
I think its an unwritten rule that you don't vote for yourself, a bit unfair IMO.

I mean I think my pic is the best every month but I struggle and find someone else who deserves a vote.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:28 AM   #33
TT
Regular User

LOL dani, you're overdoing I think it's decided, we'll introduce the new method, but starting from next month
Old 05-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #34
crayzayjay
Regular User

Maou. By a mile.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #35
Dubai
Regular User

Smylait > That is one nice shot! I really like it..... I would like to have it on my Desktop too. High res.

u got my vote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #36
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

HARD one.. but at the end goldfinger got my vote..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Old 05-04-2006, 03:39 AM   #37
taygunho
Regular User

My vote goes to twboy1999, BMW E60 M5
Old 05-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #38
P_Zero_Rosso
Regular User

Have taken my time to analyze all pictures:

TT, Ferrari 430: Great spotting but the background is too disturbing to be a winner

tifosi, Ferrari F40 and 575 Superamerica: showroom pictures are very difficult to get right; nice effort but to much angles and reflections for my taste

Darkel, Bugatti EB110 SS: exotic car and unreal scenery, I like it

dingo - Maserati Quattroporte: lovely sky, great car and sharp picture, a winner if it had been on the same location as the CLS

nthfinity, Vector W8: technically this picture is fine but the frame could have been better, too much concrete on the foreground

80ssportlover, Mustang GT: the car, the location, perfect, this is magazine stuff

goldfinger147, Maserati MC12: amazing to see 2 MC12's outside, too bad the weather was grey

P_Zero_Rosso, Ford Focus ST: well that's mine so I'm happy with it, working on a photoshopped one without the stop sign and stickers on the car

salegosse, Gumpert Apollo: amazing car, slight tilt gives a bit more aggression to the picture, well done

sl55kleemann, Ferrari 360 Modena and Maserati Gransport: 2 Italians on track can't go wrong but the angle and framing are boring

Smylait, BMW E46 M3 CSL: track car in the city, very well captured on the move

twboy1999, BMW E60 M5: the lighting makes this picture special but I would have gone lower to take it

Wutputt, Lamborghini Gallardo SE: Gallardo overlooking the Raidillon, nice capture

c0wb0y007, Lamborghini Gallardo GTR: another Gallardo in race trim, a picture I can't take, I'm jealous

dodo, Porsche Carrera GT: CGT in the woods is overexposed

Maou, Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante: classic aston, bright and sharp, perfect

pterps, Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage: baby aston in great colour, preferred to have seen more of the building

vakpemil, 9ff 996 Turbo: amazing car but the building looks like leaning tower of pisa

sameerrao, Ferrari 355 Spider and 360 Modena: two f-cars in different colours is great, I would have cropped it in the vertical direction

hamlet, Opel Speedster: a bit monotone and tilted for my taste

dani_d_mas, Ferrari 355: original picture, ferrari coming out of the tunnel in the opposite direction

stmoritzer, Gumpert Apollo: the car is fine but the colour is horrible

My vote goes to 80ssportlover and his picture of a Mustang GT
Old 05-08-2006, 05:24 AM   #39
sikx5
Regular User

Amazing shots guys, you should all be very proud of your efforts. They are all awesome pictures. I hope to contribute once i start going to the race track again

Out of this lot, dingo, Smylait, dani and sameerrao are my favourite shots.
But dingo gets it, That Quattroporte is just sex
Old 05-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #40
irrational_i
Regular User

Voted M3 CSL. I usually wouldn't vote M3, but this photo is very good. Good balance and colours. The others are not quite there...
Old 05-09-2006, 05:13 AM   #41
pzgren
Regular User

i voted for dani too. a really great pic! but it was really a difficult discission. a lot of very good entries this time.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #42
MidEngine4Life
Regular User

I have a question. Straight up, this isnt meant to start a flame war or to cause any offense.

TT's Ferrari F430 is currently in the lead

If I could have any car in the world, it would be a McLaren F1, and if I couldnt have that i'd have a red F430 just like the one in his photo. It is, by far my favorite Ferrari of all time (in terms of styling).

TT Is an excellent photographer. I admire him and much of his work. He never ceases to impress.

However.....I dont see whats so great about this shot. The background it a bit cluttered, the color is a bit odd, and im not particularly fond of that angle.

My question is this, of everyone who voted for it, what it makes it so much better than all the rest? The same reasons why goldfingers dreary photo has so many votes? Car Selection?

This isnt meant to say "Vote for me you idiots! Have you no taste?" It's only a little research for my future entries
Old 05-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #43
TT
Regular User

LOL for sure I am not offended by your comment and I was wondering the same. Actually untill the very last moment I had a picture of the RS6 from one of my latest indepths, which was much better as far as framing, research and quality go. Then I realized a grey RS6 isn't THAT sexy and we must still consider that, even if we encourage to vote for the picture, not the car, an average F430 pic can look more interesting than a good RS6 pic :bah:
Also, I know ppl often likes car pics at night and since I had that 430 pic posted the past month, I have it a try :bah:
I wasn't expecting it to get many votes actually and I am sure the fact it is a red prancing horse is helping a bit
Anyway the month is still long, things might change
Old 05-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #44
pitfield
Regular User

Maou, that's my neighbours car. Parked in Mount Row behind Porsche Mayfair, reg VO143. Are you local???
Old 05-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #45
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by 80ssportlover
I have a question. Straight up, this isnt meant to start a flame war or to cause any offense.

TT's Ferrari F430 is currently in the lead

If I could have any car in the world, it would be a McLaren F1, and if I couldnt have that i'd have a red F430 just like the one in his photo. It is, by far my favorite Ferrari of all time (in terms of styling).

TT Is an excellent photographer. I admire him and much of his work. He never ceases to impress.

However.....I dont see whats so great about this shot. The background it a bit cluttered, the color is a bit odd, and im not particularly fond of that angle.

My question is this, of everyone who voted for it, what it makes it so much better than all the rest? The same reasons why goldfingers dreary photo has so many votes? Car Selection?

This isnt meant to say "Vote for me you idiots! Have you no taste?" It's only a little research for my future entries
One other point to consider ... All the bastards who voted for TT's pics are brown-nosers plain and simple ... trying hard to get into Mighty TT's good books.

Just kidding ..

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Closed Thread