Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR View Post
+1 I saw something on TV where the creator was saying that in order to create damage in the game, they would have to create 2 models of every car. So see the game in 5 years with damage...
Well - that is the correct way to do it.

Current damage models in games like Forza are crap - steel bodies crumple and dent like CF bodies in FM.. even plastic bumbers that should tear or split, dent (and even have silver metal under neat )

CF shoul dshatter, steel crumple, plastic tear etc.

I can do with out cosmetic damage, its the mechanical damage I want to see modeled properly as int GT Legens and GTR on PC etc.

Clutch wear from abuse, failed intenrals, over heating, HEAT SOAK for blower equipped street cars etc.

When you tak eyour car to the track, you avoid damage at all cost - so why not the same thing in game
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #47
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Well - that is the correct way to do it.

Current damage models in games like Forza are crap - steel bodies crumple and dent like CF bodies in FM.. even plastic bumbers that should tear or split, dent (and even have silver metal under neat )

CF shoul dshatter, steel crumple, plastic tear etc.

I can do with out cosmetic damage, its the mechanical damage I want to see modeled properly as int GT Legens and GTR on PC etc.

Clutch wear from abuse, failed intenrals, over heating, HEAT SOAK for blower equipped street cars etc.

When you tak eyour car to the track, you avoid damage at all cost - so why not the same thing in game
I agree that the damage is a bit off, but it is still there. When you hit a wall, you can tell you hit the wall. When you run off-road, the car gets dirty. Like you said, you avoid damage at all costs, including tapping the car in front and crumpling your bumper.

Adding the other stuff would be more realistic, but would the game be as much fun? Part of the "fun" of a video game, is going out and running the cars flat out. It may be fun to a few people to run the car at 90% because things could break, but it would not appeal to the masses of people that want a game where they can run the cars flat out.

Again, its a game, not real life. If you want it to be real, go take the Z06 to the track (which I know you do and give you props for taking such a beast to the track, where it belongs)

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #48
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR View Post
I agree that the damage is a bit off, but it is still there. When you hit a wall, you can tell you hit the wall. When you run off-road, the car gets dirty. Like you said, you avoid damage at all costs, including tapping the car in front and crumpling your bumper.

Adding the other stuff would be more realistic, but would the game be as much fun? Part of the "fun" of a video game, is going out and running the cars flat out. It may be fun to a few people to run the car at 90% because things could break, but it would not appeal to the masses of people that want a game where they can run the cars flat out.

Again, its a game, not real life. If you want it to be real, go take the Z06 to the track (which I know you do and give you props for taking such a beast to the track, where it belongs)
Forzas damage is mediocre at best - it really is cosmetic only as the damage from htting a wall at speed is not well modelled at all - they didnt even bother to paint the damage appropriate fo the material being damaged - and their mechanical damage is a facre at best.

Since you are no longer competitive with the damage you do recieve, why not retire from the race with a broken radiator - the way it is right now, it may as well not be modelled.

I would rather have proper reply acameras in place of "damage" that is so poorly implemented.

For goodness sakes, even Need For Speed ProStreet has race ending damage with pretty much the same fully licensed cars Forza has.

And damage can be turned on or turned off, so that will allow the players to choose what they want.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:01 AM   #49
RC45
Regular User

First GT5 Prologue patch is here

December 25th (the fire) ' the グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' update was executed.

Sign in doing in PLAYSTATION ョ, Network when ' the グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' you start, because the message which urges update is indicated, following to the indication of the picture, please do update.

The function which is added by the latest update is as follows.

- Online (online)
It reached the point where it can enjoy the online race/lace event/the online time trial event.

- Ranking (ranking)
It reached the point where it can do the register indication of online ranking.

- It reached the point where it can retain ベストラップリプレイ.

- It reached the point where it can load ベストラップリプレイ as the ghost.

- Museum (museum)
My Page (the my page) with Museum (the museum) it reached the point where it can enjoy.

- Option (option)
It reached the point where with "the steering wheel" of the "ロジクール steering wheel controller" it can modify the strength of fourth feedback in 10 stages.

In "the picture" "of the device" resolution of the picture/it reached the point where it can modify the verification and brightness of display type.

With in addition "it reached the point where it can delete the data which" "network" is acquired from the setting and network of UPnP temporarily.

- MANUAL (manual)
Explanation of various addition items with update was added.

Last edited by RC45; 12-25-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:55 AM   #50
RC45
Regular User

Yep - I am enjoying this GT5.. maybe a little too much hehe

That's my curent ranking at Daytona Infield C6 Z06 - until the 12 year olds start logging on and post 1:30s with FWD Civics...

Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #51
rave426
Regular User

Looks good. I have been out of town, so I wont be able to open the game till this evening.

Give me a few days, and lets see if you can hold that time RC. Im coming for ya

We really gotta start a "Motorworld" GT5 clan. I wonder if that will be possible in the actual game. Probably not....but hopefully Poly will make the online interface very detailed and optioned...I dont like it when the game says "play online"...u click it...and it basically throws you into match....thats stupididty....
Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 AM   #52
RC45
Regular User

Since I couldn't sleep, I figured it was time to take back the #1 ranking

Last edited by RC45; 12-28-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:00 PM   #53
rave426
Regular User

Finally! I started playing GT5P yesterday........and I must agree that the visuals are simply AMAZING. Similar to RC, im running at 1080p (HDMI), but on a 42 inch Sharp Aquos LCD. I dont know what standard def television will look like, but I must say the HDTV is well worth the eye candy!

The models, as always, are right on. The Z06 looks incredible, and my favorite BMW M3 looks just as tasty. Gameplay is still good ole GT, so dont go looking for anything drastically different. Neverthelss, it does seem like that they have done some minor tweaks to the dynamics (weight transfer during braking and cornering seems a little more realistic)

Engine/Exhaust noise seems to be a nice bit better also. I running 5.1 thorugh optical, so that may make a big difference.
All in all, I cant ait for the real GT5. I think I'm going to online-race my life away..

P.S. Made some nice gains there RC. I'm trying to DL the update today, but wireless is kinda unstable and its going slow.....I have to work up my credits to get my Z06, but gimmie a bit and I'll give you a run for ya money!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #54
RC45
Regular User

A few pointers on the patch - if you have replays or ghosts saved, they may not work on the patched Daytona infield - they changed the barriers to prevent cheaters online.

It also seems the 2nd patch changed the tyre sounds a little. I can't be certain, btu it seems there is less screechinh and ther emay even be two tones of tyre feedback sound.

The patch will take a while to download, then it does an install then it asks you to restart the game (all in Japanese, so it helps to to remember what the english prompts may have been for any other english games you have had patched).

Look forward to seeing you online.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #55
sameerrao
Regular User

What track were you racing at RC?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #56
RC45
Regular User

Shhh.. [whisper]come this way... be sure no one is tailing you[/whisper]

- those times are for the Daytona 24 hour Road Course.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM   #57
rave426
Regular User

RC, you gotta pretty good time up there on Daytona....If you look I think I'm up to 6th place so far at 1:48.....way off your mark so far, but I know where I am losing time....just having trouble putting it all together.

That track is very tricky with a high hp RWD car. The BMW M3 matches it well, but for some reason the Z06 is just a monster on that course. My problem is that I NEVER use braking markers - I always brake off instinct....this works well for me, but its not consistent, and when I do get it wrong its usually braking to late.......so u can see my problem coming into that first corner at 300km/hr ------that speed and late braking doesn work to well......ha
Old 01-29-2008, 11:29 PM   #58
HeilSvenska
Regular User

If you were lazy to learn Japanese, or don't have a PS3 because you're poor like me, the US version of the Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is available from April 17.

-$39.99
-Blu-ray
-High Definition (HD) video feature "Beyond the Apex."
-60 cars, 16 racing at once
-1080p @ 60fps
-Dualshock 3 support... you all know this stuff already.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #59
RC45
Regular User

Already pre-ordered and pre-paid hehe - am I sick or what?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #60
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Nah, you just wanna give them more money so that GT5 will be more of what you expected.