Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 02-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #16
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
I just lick my models.. and that dose the trick..
do you lick the Lambo and Evo dirty when your done playing with those too?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:16 AM   #17
dons5
Regular User

my buddy uses actual polish (a tiny bit) on most parts of the car and the always look shiny and awesome although im not sure which parts he puts the polish on and which parts he makes sure he doesnt polish.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #18
Vadim-4DSC
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
my buddy uses actual polish (a tiny bit) on most parts of the car and the always look shiny and awesome although im not sure which parts he puts the polish on and which parts he makes sure he doesnt polish.
Hm, interesting enough. Thanks.
Vadim-4DSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:21 AM   #19
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vadim-4DSC
Originally Posted by dons5
Hm, interesting enough. Thanks.
but don't do the mistake of using those products that have polish, only use wax.
Your models have only one, maybe two layers of very thin painting, and if you use polish, after a couple of times you could end ruining the paint job.
Unless the paint is without life (???) and looks obscure, use a tiny bit just like dons5 says
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #20
Pwoarrr
Regular User

The "Swifter" is that duster thing with the feathers attatched to a stick?
If it is, I can imagine it doing the job partly aside from it just kicking the dust all over the place, but I was looking for something to make the car shine a bit also.

Oh yeah? You have the same model? Is yours from AutoArt also?
Vadim: Yeah, that's exactly what Swifter is.....but they also make Swifter clothes as well that come in a box, I usually use the cloth. As a matter of fact, either version doesn't kick up dust, it actually attracts dust....somehow the dust just sticks to it! If you want something to make your model shine, try using some car wax like turtle wax etc.
Btw, my skyline is also by Autoart...you can kinda see it in the pics I posted in another thread (Pwoarrr's collection)
Old 02-18-2005, 06:54 AM   #21
Vadim-4DSC
Regular User

antonioledesma: Good point. I didn't think about polish being a hazard to the paint. Thanks for the hint. 8)

Pwoarrr: Im definatly gonna check out these "Swifter" clothes, thanks.
Heh, so you got the same exact model as me, huh? Cool. Beautiful replica, ain't it? The only thing that I am not very satisified with on the model are the tires. They look a bit too thin, no? And overall the wheels look a bit small. The rim design is picture perfect but the wheels look just a tad too small. Maybe 17's instead of the real 18's it rides on. Or maybe it's just me...
Old 02-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #22
Pwoarrr
Regular User

Yeah, it is a kick ass model!
I do find the rims being too small as well, other than that, I think its pretty much spot on. 8) Ever thought about a wheel swap?
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #23
dons5
Regular User

oh ok so use wax but not polish sweet, is there a difference in the end result?
Old 02-18-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
dons5
Regular User

oh ok so use wax but not polish sweet, is there a difference in the end result?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #25
Vadim-4DSC
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pwoarrr
Yeah, it is a kick ass model!
I do find the rims being too small as well, other than that, I think its pretty much spot on. 8) Ever thought about a wheel swap?
A wheel swap? Heh, should I use spacers too?
No seriosly though, can it be done? It doesn't look like theres too much room, and where would I get larger skyline rims?
Old 02-25-2005, 02:44 AM   #26
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
Originally Posted by Evo
I just lick my models.. and that dose the trick..
do you lick the Lambo and Evo dirty when your done playing with those too?
Yep I do.. Want to join me..
Old 02-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #27
bmagni
Regular User

i have 2 suggestions, use the keyboard cleaner, or try to keep ur models in a dust free display, its much better and NEVER have to suffer with cleaning em, just spraying some air and thats it
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #28
Vadim-4DSC
Regular User

Finally got around to posting a pic of my Skyline.. Enjoy.

They really ought to make the wheels on this model bigger. The real cars wheels just fit the body much better then the models wheels.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:27 AM   #29
Pwoarrr
Regular User

No seriosly though, can it be done? It doesn't look like theres too much room, and where would I get larger skyline rims?
Sorry for the really late reply dude, I didn't see this till now! About the spacers and wheel-swap, I haven't done any yet, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. If you want more info, you should talk to some guys on the diecast forums, they should know the procedures. As for bigger skyline wheels, don't think you can find these exact wheels....but if you want bigger aftermarket wheels, you could grab a set of 1:24 (not a typo) rims off of a DUB or JADA car.

Nice pic btw! 8)
Old 04-25-2005, 11:50 PM   #30
Vadim-4DSC
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pwoarrr
Sorry for the really late reply dude, I didn't see this till now! About the spacers and wheel-swap, I haven't done any yet, but I'm pretty sure it can be done. If you want more info, you should talk to some guys on the diecast forums, they should know the procedures. As for bigger skyline wheels, don't think you can find these exact wheels....but if you want bigger aftermarket wheels, you could grab a set of 1:24 (not a typo) rims off of a DUB or JADA car.

Nice pic btw! 8)
Hey thanks.. Long time no speak. I noticed these die-cast car forums are kinda dead. My thread has been up on the list forever with no replys. Weird... Also havn't been on for awhile. Anyway, Im just gonna stick with the stock wheels, their not that noticable, right? Doesn't look bad. Gotta start working on the real car now(93'maxima). Gotta do a wheel swap on that(ugly stock wheels) 8)