Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 02-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #16
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by L140_L147
Originally Posted by stradale

. The VT system makes the Gallardo RWD under normal circumstances and it only sends torque to the front wheels when it senses loss of grip at the rear. .
staight from lambocars.com

V-10 90 degree, 18 degree crankpin offset, light-alloy block, mid mounted (longitudal), permantent four-wheel drive with viscous traction system

and on lamborghini.ca they say its 30%/70% normal and when accerlating goes to 80% rear then sends power right away to front cause of rear tires slipping.
You're right. Thanks for correcting me. I confused it with the Diablo's VT system.

My theory on the accident is not affected by it, though. Unless someone comes along and proves me wrong again, that is. LOL

Originally Posted by |Nuno|
Anyway, the damage wasn't that bad
Well, it was not as insignificant as it looks in the picture. In the video you can see that after it happened, the car moved across the road like a crab. Here's what the drivers say about it.

Originally Posted by www.gt3000.com
Game Over

We duelled each other with the black Gallardo which was very impressive, until it unfortunately happened to us, too:
In a podunk we considered the fact that there was sand on the road too optimistic and hit a curb stone very unfortunate. It's a miracle that there actually are curb stones in Morocco. It is always like that, when you don't need one there always is one. This curb stone bent the back steering link and the suspension so badly, that the steering wheel stood 45 degrees to the right if you wanted to drive straight. One thing was set: We must get the car to Fez, because leaving it in the middle of the desert is not going to happen, and in Fez we can think about what we are going to do with the car.

Fez

1255 hrs - After about 40km we arrived at the checkpoint. Driving the GT3 was its own adventure, we drove onto a puddle and the car went sideways immediately, we were close to damaging the car even more. Actually it was nearly impossible to drive the car, but we could not leave it.
When we arrived in Fez I had some quick lunch while Nitro was trying to find a solution on what to do with the car. Porsche and Morocco, no chance. So we had to get the car out of Africa no matter how much it will cost. There were still 350 km ahead of us with this scrap heap to reach the ferry in Nardor. That was another adventure with the car.