Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 AM   #46
TopGearNL
Regular User

Weird race indeed, Schumacher and Fisichella just kept driving on their Intermediates until they were slicks :shock:

Good idea though!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #47
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
FUCK! The most exciting GP of the year and I missed it!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

I really hope we get a highlight video for this race....
It will be up later tonight for sure, what a damn awesome race though, those last few laps couldnt end quick enough for me, especially as it had just started to rain.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #48
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
FUCK! The most exciting GP of the year and I missed it!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

I really hope we get a highlight video for this race....
It will be up later tonight for sure, what a damn awesome race though, those last few laps couldnt end quick enough for me, especially as it had just started to rain.
Me too .. I was like "Dont rain ... plllllllleease"

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #49
Jabba
Regular User

The lap counter seemed to take ages to go down at the end, despite me screaming at it like a damn lunatic.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #50
TopGearNL
Regular User

Me too, but I was thinking about Schumi and his bridgestones, had it began to rain 8 laps for the finish Schumi would have been in deep deep shit
Old 10-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #51
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
The lap counter seemed to take ages to go down at the end, despite me screaming at it like a damn lunatic.
chatting with a mutual friend last night, i was reading the "live timing" and him watching the race... i'd comment "wow, alonso sure is slow" then a response "thats because he only changed his front tires, and of course that would affect the handling balance"

then later "I bet schui is going to pass Alonso any second"
then
"SWEET, he just passed him"

and it went back and forth like that a bit... kinda interesting... but yeah, as i saw Schui's lap times on the slicks falling, and alonso kept rocketing at the end; i was a bit nervous LOL.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #52
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i thought fo sure schumi was in trouble watching the start of the race...right up until BMW put Kubica out on slicks Once that happend i knew who would end up out in front in no time

but once the gap to alonso dropped from 12 to 8 seconds, i started to nibble at my nails...and that was before the shot of the rain drops in the puddle...(side not: do the SPEED announcers just pass a bottle of booze around during the race? cuz the longer the race goes on the nuttier they seem to get)

Alonso looked fucking pissed standing on the podium and just to further prove Michael is better at everything, he bungles up the champagne drop

Alonso is going to end up handing Michael the championship on a silver platter if he keeps this attitude up.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #53
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
side not: do the SPEED announcers just pass a bottle of booze around during the race? cuz the longer the race goes on the nuttier they seem to get)
my favorite

premise: radio comes on, and DC says "I have a problem with turn in" after the contact with Massa which retired him.

Speed TV commentator (steve Matchet?) says
"you should turn the wheel harder"

Old 10-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #54
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
side not: do the SPEED announcers just pass a bottle of booze around during the race? cuz the longer the race goes on the nuttier they seem to get)
my favorite

premise: radio comes on, and DC says "I have a problem with turn in" after the contact with Massa which retired him.

LOL 8)
Old 10-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #55
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
my favorite

yeah, i can just picture matchet with a bottle of scotch in front of him

after they showed the rain drops:

[singing]Rain drops keep fallin on my head..[/singing] oops..right, sorry, no singing..

Bob Varsha comes back

Please no more...

Old 10-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #56
bmagni
Regular User

Great race !!! I was in a club and decided to come back home to see it and I don't regret it !!! I came back by the time Schu was 4th and saw the most exciting part of it !!!

Alonso's face - priceless !!!!!
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #57
Mattk
Regular User

Alonso read too much his own publicity last year and now he has a bad attitude. Loser.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #58
JoeHahn
Regular User

Am I the only one who saw Fisichella attempt to run Schumacher off the road after he'd just come out of the pits? If Schumacher had done that manouver it would have been branded 'unethical' and all other kinds of bullshit :roll:
Old 10-01-2006, 10:55 PM   #59
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
^he did push his car over a little knowing very well Schumi was there, but right now it doesnt matter. but no one has mentioned that, but someone I think if it had been Schumi doing it, the press would be all over it!!
I think the fact that Schumi stayed on track is what is keeping people quiet about it. Had he actually been run off the road and out of the race, there would be an absolute field day against renault.

Anyone see the bump fest for 8th on the last lap? Barrichello just plowed through heidfeld

does anyone know if that one bmw mechanic is alright after being run over by kubica?

Old 10-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #60
5vz-fe
Regular User

Look look...potty mouth is out talking again

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...566627,00.html

"They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number 'one' to a different team," he told Spanish newspaper AS.

"They are not helping me as much as they could."