Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
Johns
Regular User

Default Turning a video into High Resolution??

I would like to know what program I would need to make a med. quality video into high quality resolution?

I have dr.divx and movie maker, but I tried with these and couldnt do it. So im not sure if I could even do it with these programs
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
Stingray

well if its an avi you could increase the resolution with virtualdub, but your wasting your time as it will look shit.. once a video has been compressed and lost quality its impossible to make it better (unless of course you have the raw source footage to work from)
Old 04-19-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
well if its an avi you could increase the resolution with virtualdub, but your wasting your time as it will look shit.. once a video has been compressed and lost quality its impossible to make it better (unless of course you have the raw source footage to work from)
yup only thing you could do is if the file is noisy, use some sort of filter to get rid of it , but i haven't really had good results with any i've used