Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #16
marcefer
Regular User

Ivory Coast beeing a french speaking country (Côte d'Ivoire), this "Miss Grace John" has a rather good English...
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #17
Mattk
Regular User

^Too true. She would also be Mme Grace John, not Miss.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
RC45
Regular User

And again Dr Garuba Musa needs my help - last time it was $10.5 MIllion.. this time $7.5... I wonder where the missing 3 million is ?? hehe

From The Desk Of Dr.GARUBA MUSA
Bill And Exchange Manager.
Bank of Africa B.O.A.
Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso.
( "REMITTANCE OF $7.5 SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSEND U.S.A DOLLARS Only.
CONFIDENTIAL IS THE CASE")
Dear Friend
On a very good day. I am (DR GARUBA MUSA) Manager Of BILL And Exchange in Bank of Africa(BOA).I got your contact from a Yahoo google Search.
When i was searching for a foreign partner i assured of your capability and reliability to champion this businees opportunity when i prayed to God or Allah about you.In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 7.5 million U.S.A dollars ( SEVEN Million Five hundred thousend U.S.A dollars Only) . In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer MR.ADAMS SALAH who died along with his entire family on (friday december 26,2003 ) in a plane crash. Since we got information about his death,
we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines, but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I and one official in my department now decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the
money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we dont want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.
The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclamed after five years, the money will be transfered into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner, and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. We agree that 40% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses incured
during the business and 60 % would be for me, Therefore after I and my family will visit you in your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.
Therefore to enable the immediate trnansfer of this fund to you as
arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where the money will be remitted.Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have
been made for the transfer.
Your Full Name...........................?
Your Sex.................................?
Your Age.................................?
Your Country.............................?
Marital Status......................?
Your Occupation..........................?
Your Personal Mobile N°...................?
Your Personal Fax N°......................?
You should contact me on my number +226 78484271.immediately as soon
as you receive this letter.And reply me with this e mail address [email protected] immediately with those informations i need from you, for me to process the text of application for you to apply to the bank.
Yours faithfully,
Dr.GARUBA MUSA
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
HeilSvenska
Regular User

LOL. Burkina-Faso...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #20
philip
Regular User

Latest thing going around US is a great deal on a classic Corvette or Camero. Its usually advertised in "local green sheets want ads etc nationwide" a Corvette is offered for $4600.00. Delivery is arranged and included already in price, car is in great condition and condition is guaranteed, but due to age of owner, no inspections can be made and owner is deaf and cannot talk on phone. emailed photos show a really good looking car. Phone number given is a fax.

Scammer is so successful that the prearranged shipper in the scam(who knows nothing about the whole thing) has added on their website, that it is a scam.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
Latest thing going around US is a great deal on a classic Corvette or Camero. Its usually advertised in "local green sheets want ads etc nationwide" a Corvette is offered for $4600.00. Delivery is arranged and included already in price, car is in great condition and condition is guaranteed, but due to age of owner, no inspections can be made and owner is deaf and cannot talk on phone. emailed photos show a really good looking car. Phone number given is a fax.

Scammer is so successful that the prearranged shipper in the scam(who knows nothing about the whole thing) has added on their website, that it is a scam.
The scam is only successful because the "buyer" is a complete idiot. Period.

Anyone with half a brain that has any interest in older cars KNOWS you have to either see it in person or be sold a piece of crap. (thats ASSuming you even get an actual car at all).

Those buyers I have NO sympathy for - pure greed at work - they stupidly think "Goolllllyyy geeee... hyuk hyuk I gonna spend me $4600 an sell it at Barritt Jaxzon for a million... whooooweeeee!!!"

In fact, those people I laugh at when their money goes down the crapper
Old 07-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #22
Mattk
Regular User

^I would agree. Even for a regular used car, you'd want to do a thorough inspection before you hand over the cash.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

They keep trying...

Your E-Address was selected online in this week's AWARD PROMO.Your drawhas a total value of £1.000.000 pounds. Please acknowledge the receipt
of this mail with the details below to :Mr.Pinkett Griffin. Contact

E-mail:[email protected]

Claims Requirements:
1.Full name:
2.Home Address:
3.Age:
4.Sex:
5.Marital Status:
6.Occupation:
7.Phone Number:
8.Nationality
9.Country Of Residence

Sincerely,
Mrs.Rose Woods
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #24
Boosted
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
They keep trying...
Who got ahold of your email to get all these in such quantities?! That's ridiculous! It's like the scammers have a blog or a forum of their own where they share email addresses to try and scam...
Boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

I have won so many times, I don't think I can send my bank details out to any more scamsters... maybe one of you guys want to claim this one

Contact Your Claims Officer( Mr Peter Ade Moore)
Yahoo&Msn/Windows Live.
Promotion Incoperation
11 Oluwole House, Ikoye Road
Sutton, Greater Lagos
300001 West Africa Nigeria.

Attn Winner"

This is to inform you that you have won a Bonaza prize of money
(£250,000 GBP ) Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pounds
Sterling,For the month of 06/08/2008 Yahoo&Msn Microsoft Windows Live Web
Domains Promotion In Co-Operated.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn
form 25,000 company E-Mails Addresses, and 30,000,000 individual
Addresses from the 45 E-Mails networks from Australia, New Zealand, North
America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International
Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in West Africa (NIGERIA).

Among the Millions that subscribed to Yahoo&Hotmails Web Domains ,We
only select Three people every Month of (06/08/2008)as our winners
through electronic balloting System without the winner applying,we
congratulate you for being one of the Winner selected.Below are Details of
your agent for you to contact him Immediately.

( PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIMS!!!)

You are to contact your Claims Agent on or before your date of Claim,
Winners Shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement
Centre.Yahoo&Msn/Windows Live Promotion Prize must be claimed no later
than 14 days
from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has
won.Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited and
return back to the Yahoo&Msn Promotion Board. This promotion is approved by
the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International
Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR).

These are your identification numbers:

Batch number......YM09102XN
Reff number.......YM35447XN
Winning number....YM09788

These numbers fall within your Location file,you are requested to
contact EVENTS AGENT MANAGER,send your winning identification numbers
to them at this contact address below.

(CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER)
Name: Mr.Peter Ade Moore
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone:+234-802-689-1838

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Choose your mode of Transfer (Bank Transfer or Courier Delivery)
1. Bank Transfer
2. Courier Delivery.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations once again and wish to here from you through Event
Manager for your claims procedures.

You are therefore advised to send the following information to the
EVENTS AGENT to facilitate them and process the Courier of your money.

NAME:---------------
SEX: ---------------
ADDRESS: -----------
EMAIL: -------------
PHONE: -------------
COMPANY: -----------
NEXT OF KIN: -------
STATE: -------------
NATIONALITY: -------

Mrs.Shade Williams
Dr. Samual Bent
(Public Relations Officer.BRITISH EMBASSY)
(Promotion Co-ordinator)
Yahoo/Msn/Windows Live Promotion Results
Copyright©2008 Yahoo&Msn. All rights reserved

Yahoo&Msn/Windows Live Promotion is a free service that does not
require you to register or be a Yahoo registered user,before
winning.NOTE You do not have to buy a ticket to qualify you for this
promotion.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #26
Mattk
Regular User

Oh! A 'bonaza prize'! How exciting!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #27
philip
Regular User

RC you can have this one its all yours:

"From George Brown
Nigeria National Petroleun Corporation
P.O Box 6543 Victorian Island, Lagos
Nigeria
Email: [email protected]
Date: 08-12-2008

Dear Friend,

My name is George Brown. It is my pleasure to write this mail basically to seek your consent on transaction which involves transfer of an over-invoiced sum of money from my ministry to your bank account. The amount involved is US$25million.

I am a member of the Contract Award Committee (CAC) in my ministry Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). The amount was intentionally over-invoiced for our benefit. We have worked carefully to secure the approval of the fund since the original contract value has been paid on completion of the contract in 2006. Then the remaining balance of the US$25million is what we intend to transfer secretly to you using your bank account details.

The civil service code of conduct does not allow any serving officer to operate a foreign bank account, we are seriously handicapped to transfer the fund to an offshore account hence this contact to you. It is on this basis that I thought it wisely to use a foreigner to receiver the fund for our mutual benefit. We shall draw an agreement to back up this transaction and also to spell out our duties, sharing modalities and safety of the fund in your bank account.

If you are interested, please contact me urgently through the email for us to reason together to get the transaction realized soon.

Summarily, there is no single risk involve having taken care of all forms of obstacles that would pose some risks in the deal. To avoid taking things for granted. The transaction will be processed legitimately with all legal proof on the execution of the contract.

I urgently expect your response for more details. Via this email box: [email protected]

Regards
George Brown"
----

Be sure to have fun after your rich.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Hmmm... I will need to think about this one.. US$25Million is not worth what it used to be...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #29
marcefer
Regular User

I received that very same text, but by somebody named Mkeme Mutombo, or something like that, more than 10 years ago!
At that time internet barely existed, so it was sent by snail mail.
And it was for 15, not 25 M USD.
That gives you an idea of the depreciation of the USD
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Well, looks like the Australians dont like the Nigerians getting all the attention

Date 16/8/2008

Ref: 475061725
Batch: 7056490902/188
Winning No: GB8701/LPRC

CONGRATULATIONS

Australian Lottery Bonanza

Dear Sir/Madam

The Lucky Winner

We are delighted to inform you of your prize release on the 14th of August 2008 from the Australian International Lottery programme. Which is fully based on an electronic selection of winners using their e-mail addresses. Your name was attached to ticket number; 575061725 8056490902 serial number 6741137002 This batch draws the lucky numbers as follows 5-13-33-37-42 bonus number 17,which consequently won the lottery in the second category. You here by have been approved a lump sum pay of US$950,000.00 (NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) in cash credit file ref: ILP/HW 47509/02 from the total cash prize shared amongst eight lucky winners in this category. All participant were selected through a computer balloting system drawn form Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia,United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually. This Lottery was promoted and
spons

Further more your details (e-mail address) falls within our European representative office in Amsterdam, Holland, as indicated in your play coupon and your prize of US$950,000.00 will be released to you from this regional branch office in AFRICA. We hope with part of your prize, you will participate in our end of the year high stakes for US$1.3 Billion international draw.

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE:

Simply contact our fiducial agent, GRANT ROBINSON at [email protected] to file for your claim.

Please quote your reference, batch and winning number which can be found on the top left corner of this notification as well as your full name, address and telephone number to help locate your file easily. For security reasons, we advice all winners to keep this information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel.

Note,

All winnings MUST be claimed by the 24th of August ,2008; otherwise all funds will be returned as Unclaimed and eventually donated to charity. Congratulations once again on your winning.

PLEASE REPLY THIS EMAIL, CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT AT

NAME:,GRANT ROBINSON

[email protected]

Best Regards

Mrs Rosemary Banks (Co-ordinator)

BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY ON THE PART OF THE WINNERS WILL RESULT TO DISQUALIFICATION.

MANAGEMENT, AUSTRALIA LOTTO LOTTERY INC.

Past winners round the world with full of excitment

LOTTERY SPONSORS: CHIEF SPONSORS;
USA, MICROSOFTCORPORATION ASIA