Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by lauriv
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
I have very little respect for this car. Why? Because it has a quad turbo and it only produces 1001BHP. With 4 turbos, I would expect something more. It just tells me its a wimpy engine. Just MHO.
I suppose it has four turbos not bacause it needs four to make over 1001 bhp, but because it needs to be driveable, not like those 1000+ bhp Skylines/Supras etc that need 4000+ rpm to make any decent torque and have a huge lag. People who pay $1m for a car want refinement. Four small turbos have less lag than one or two huge ones.
If they dont want lag, why wont they build a normal aspirated engine without any forced induction?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM   #17
possessed_beaver
Regular User

IMO we could be looking at the worlds biggest lemon!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:50 AM   #18
DR.GONZO
Regular User

DAM I love the buggati, look at those old buggati's then after many many years of tech shit they come up with something so siccckkk It's INSANE............ DAM fucking buggati Own'z!
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 03:21 AM   #19
possessed_beaver
Regular User

dude!!! calm down!!!
hahahah

out of control doctor!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:37 AM   #20
Chingachgook
Regular User

this is a useless car. Normally it's limited to 300kmh, to have full speed you have to call Bugatti and obtain a new set of special tyres and a new electronic management for the engine.

I don't know how this thing weights but I don't thik it'll be as funny to drive as a Challenge Stradale,for example.

http://146.155.3.17/whiplash/videos/videosmiscelaneos/(www_dragteam_cl)_bugatti_race.mpg

here a video, nothing special but better than nothing
Old 08-29-2003, 07:28 AM   #21
alondahan
Regular User

Originally Posted by aawil
I think it will end up one of the most unreliable cars ever. So far I've been very dissapointed with audi's designs for lambo. German cars to me are to souless.
I think so too. audi killed the lambo spirit with the diablo vt 6. they used to be outrauges mad machines but now they've lost the insane looks and the insane character. they're not exciting anymore.
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:34 PM   #22
oic0
Regular User

Is sweet, I still dunno if it will dethrone the mclaren though, its kinda heavy.
oic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:54 PM   #23
lauriv
Regular User

If they dont want lag, why wont they build a normal aspirated engine without any forced induction?
From what I've heard, the Veyron's V16 is rather small in size. A N/A with 1000 bhp and any decent torque would have to be about 10-11 l in capacity, which means it'd be heavy and bulky as well... It'd probably be more than just a tight fit
lauriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 12:42 AM   #24
SFDMALEX
Regular User

From what I've heard, the Veyron's V16 is rather small in size. A N/A with 1000 bhp and any decent torque would have to be about 10-11 l in capacity, which means it'd be heavy and bulky as well... It'd probably be more than just a tight fit
I dont think so. Some good engineering will do the trick.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:57 AM   #25
666fast
Regular User

Exactly, a friends fathers Corvette has a 502 that makes 900bhp without forced induction.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:38 AM   #26
cho_888
Regular User

that rear wing better fold down cause it looks crap
cho_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:40 AM   #27
lauriv
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Exactly, a friends fathers Corvette has a 502 that makes 900bhp without forced induction.
No arguing about that you can make a 1000+ bhp N/A engine, but a supercharged engine can always be made smaller. And it's not just the size that counts, but the weight as well.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:23 AM   #28
SFDMALEX
Regular User

No arguing about that you can make a 1000+ bhp N/A engine, but a supercharged engine can always be made smaller. And it's not just the size that counts, but the weight as well.
Yes, a some good engineering will do the trick. Look at Formula 1 mate.
Old 08-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #29
lauriv
Regular User

Yes, a some good engineering will do the trick. Look at Formula 1 mate.
I do, every other Sunday
But a F1 engine doesn't really have much torque at low-to-middle rpm, just like a heavily boosted turbocar. And it's the same problem with most N/A engines that make over 110+ bhp/litre: make 'em scream and you're having fun, cruise along and flooring the throttle doesn't have much effect...
Light-pressure turbochargers have really started to spread, 600 Merc's and Maybachs have 'em, new Bentley GT has them, on the wider market there are loads of VW Group (Audi, Seat, VW) products with their 1.8 turbo engine etc. They can't be all wrong, can they? And Veyron's also got a light-pressure turbo, oops, four of them
Old 08-30-2003, 11:15 AM   #30
1zippo1
Regular User

Styling: I like the back, but not the front.

I think it will be interesting to see what car reviewers say about a crazy car like this. I don't think it's a competitor for other supercars like the Enzo & McLaren, it's way to heavy for that. But that amount of power must be hugely impressive.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote