Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 03-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default evo #78, testing GT4's Nürburgring

Old 03-05-2005, 08:34 PM   #2
T5
Regular User

Excelent!
T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Pimp Racer
Regular User

WHOA! GREAT JOB TT! I think someone else already posted this on GTP or somewhere. Those look very familiar! But anyways I must must find a way to add them on my site! I dont think imageshack will allow that big file size!
Old 03-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Big?!?

less than 400 kb each dude
Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #5
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Big?!?

less than 400 kb each dude
Oh nevermind then. The ones I saw on GTP or here I cant rember were like 1.2 or 1.4 mb's each! Alright well I will upload these when I get the chance with proper credits or course!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:31 AM   #6
sentra_dude

Great scan...has anyone driven those two cars at the 'ring yet in GT4? Anyone come close to those times? So far I have only driven that MB in the license test around the 'ring in GT4.

I remember Grand Prix Legends...keeping one of those 1967 F1 cars on the track for 8+min while at speed, now that is tough!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:04 AM   #7
5vz-fe
Regular User

That's an insane time for the ring.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:32 AM   #8
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
WHOA! GREAT JOB TT! I think someone else already posted this on GTP or somewhere. Those look very familiar!.....
I have also read it so that must be where I got it from , but the quality of TT's scans are much better - so thanks
Old 03-06-2005, 04:59 AM   #9
bmwmpower
Regular User

great article, since i dont had PS2, i drove cars in Racer trought nurburgring,
sadly mine fastest time is somewhere between 10-11 min. , in Chrysler Crossfire,
that track is real test of driver
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:42 AM   #10
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
That's an insane time for the ring.
Well as they hint in the article, it is much easier to go fast when you don't risk to die (ence playing a videogame)
Old 03-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #11
st-anger
Regular User

..interesting read but as matteo already hinted the very last sentence is probably the most important one...

...nevertheless even when i´m nearly 40 :roll: i´ll definitely buy this game and the console just to check it out and i´m very curious about the realization although i have to say that i´m quite sure that it´s not really close to reality, one has to drive at least 100 laps to just know the corners a bit and find the correct/fast line - do not think it´s that easy like in the game in real life, personally i´ve driven thousands of laps at NS and still think that there´s some room left to improve some corners...

why i´m saying all this has a simple reason - i´ve been driving at NS for a very very long time now seeing many ppl beeing seriously injured or even worse....dying....

last year a friend of mine came back earlier from a sports car training at NS after TWO participants died within the first two days, one in a GT2 the other one in a Caterham, and he said that it´s just insane how ppl are starting to drive at NS, waaaaaay too fast without considering the risks...
i´d like to give u an example here and i´m sure those of u who´ve already played the game will confirm this - in real life when u approach e.g. the Karussell too low so not with both tyres entering the inclination at the same time u´ll simply loose the car and actually "fly" out of the section - this is how the GT2 driver was killed instantly...
doesn´t look very spectacular, doesn´t sound very spectacular but´s been enough to kill a family father.
and i´m sure the game doesn´t simlulate this detail like it´s in real life...

don´t get me wrong i´m NOT against the game including the NS and i´m happy that ppl all over the world have now the chance to actually "explore" the track like never before, BUT as we can see over the years - ppl tend to risk more and more without practice resulting in an increased number of deaths and serious accidents and i fear that this might get worse and worse when especially the younger ppl are thinking that they´ve practiced enough on the PS2...

...this may be a bit off-topic now and many´ll think "ya ya, old man and his worries..."
but i definitely hope that it´s also a small thought-provoking impulse...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:51 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

Completely agree with you on this one obviously! The NS lately gained bigger and bigger reputation, and while some years ago not many ppl would know what you mean when you will talk to them about this track, it's no more the case. Soon even a RR Phantom will have, between his selling factors, 50'000 km testing at the ring flatout.
The Ring is finally in main stream videogames. (I remember playing it in Grand Prix Legends, but for sure GT has a bigger target). And for sure this will lead to more and more ppl wanting to test their skills there in real life.

it is a dream for me too. Already was before GT4 actually.

But sadly many ppl think they are able to master their car when in fact they aren't. And I am not talking about Lamborghini, Porsche or Ferrari owners only. I saw a guy spinning an E46 323 in town some time ago.. it was wet ok, but still :roll:

I just hope this won't lead to more strickt regulation on the NS or even to it to be closed for the main public :bah:
Old 03-06-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
zr2man99
Regular User

In GT4 I ran like a 5:46 lap in my Minolta Toyota 88cv. I probably could have ran much faster if I knew the track better. My 1200hp toyota made up a lot of time on the straights. I was going 250mph down the back stretch, NOS is fun.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #14
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
But sadly many ppl think they are able to master their car when in fact they aren't. And I am not talking about Lamborghini, Porsche or Ferrari owners only. I saw a guy spinning an E46 323 in town some time ago.. it was wet ok, but still :roll:

I just hope this won't lead to more strickt regulation on the NS or even to it to be closed for the main public :bah:
agree, but when or where they had chance to learn driving,
those drifts tricks in TV looks great and very easy, also in top gear,
but its pretty hard, normal driver, or average can drive car that 323i maybe on 80% potencial or limit, but when he crossed that, its for him new teritory ... , quitte pointless, better- i read in autocar - chief redactor is thinking that GT4 is first helpful game, all you can learn there you can use in reall life
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #15
ikon2003
Regular User

Beautiful article TT. Surprised they wrote about a video game in EVO, but then again, that's what i really love about this magazine - it's everything about "The Thrill Of Driving"

I read a blurb review of Forza Motorsport - looks to be very good. Can't wait for some head 2 head comparison.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote