Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 02-12-2004, 04:21 PM   #16
noosee
Regular User

For shure thats not only tires.
Stradale have 150 Kg weight advantage and 60 more HP. It just can't be that all this difference is only because of tires.
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:26 PM   #17
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by noosee
Stradale have 150 Kg weight advantage...
...are you dead sure about this...???

i´m definitely NOT...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:28 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The funny thing is that the CSL ran faster at the Ring then the GT3 also. Now St-Anger do you bealive that the CSL is faster then the GT3?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:34 PM   #19
st-anger
Regular User

ok, 4 sec isn´t that much, so IMO they are quite equally fast round the NS, but plz don´t underestimate the CSL, even when it´s compared with true sports cars like the CS or GT3, we know that the CSL had been tested on race-tracks A LOT, way more than the std. M3, and in combination with the Pilot Sport Cup´s it´s freaking fast, IMO even the GT3 RS´ll only be some seconds faster than the CSL...
Porsche 911
Old 02-12-2004, 04:49 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I'm in no way underestimate the CSL. Its a great car. Lovely sounds, lovely looks and it goes fast. But I just find those ring numbers irelavent since I do beleave that both CS and GT3(RS) are faster then the CSL.

You made a valid point about it beaing very fast on Pilot Sport Cup, but Im sure you know what both the GT3 and the CS can do on those tires.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #21
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
You made a valid point about it beaing very fast on Pilot Sport Cup, but Im sure you know what both the GT3 and the CS can do on those tires.
that´s definitely the point, i think we´d all love to see such a comparison, all three cars equipped with the same tyres...

another thing about the tyres, we´ve heared from a very reliable source with very good ties to Ferrari that the CS would be quite faster with other front tyres...
i mean everybody´s been a bit worried, wtf 225 at the front and not the std 235, some might say "just 10mm more..." but it´d be definitely faster with the 235 tyres, BUT our source told us that they decided to stick to the 225 due to some serious handling problems for "non pros" when driving at the limit, the 235 had been just too tricky to handle....
Porsche 911
Old 02-12-2004, 05:23 PM   #22
robruf
Regular User

the only time the CS was faster than the CSL on both tracks was on the long straights, so this would mean to me that on a highway race, the Cs would win, but in the corners it would be left behind. Why was this CS so slow to 100km/h, as 4.8 is alot different than the 4.0 that is quoted by Ferrari? Thanks alot for this scan, it is too bad that I cannot understand German, but the translation was much appreciated.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #23
ice
Regular User

If it did do 0-60 in 4.8. then somethign mustave been wrong witht he car, as every other source ive read has gotten as low as 4.0.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 04:50 AM   #24
yugo
Regular User

The BMW CLS win to Ferrari 360 Stralade? I don´t beleive.
yugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 01:35 PM   #25
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Thanx for the article st-anger.

But for some reason, I think this entire article is BS... Never trust Germans with Italian cars... and vice versa.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:08 PM   #26
RS6.com
Regular User

Hmmm...

The P Zero Corsa is not made in 19"...
http://www.pirellicompetizioni.com/e..._circuit.jhtml

And the Corsa System (which ii is supposed to be supplied in)
exists in two 19" dimensions: 225/35 & 285/35...

But sport auto says it ran on 295/35...

VERY STRANGE!
Old 02-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #27
HoboPie
Regular User

It occurs to me the 360CS isn't much of a dissappointment, the CSL is just a surprise. The 360 CS is on par with the standard 911 GT3 which I think is a fine achievement.

I mean it scored almost identically throughout the auto test and even finished with the same final score. With some crazier tires it might be a contender for anything in that category, but I think where it is right now is pretty impressive.

I mean Evo is flopping around with it and the GT3 being the best current drivers car of that class. The RS does have both beat yes, but it is in a slightly different class I think.