Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini

Lamborghini Everything Lamborghini

Old 04-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
spitfire6000
Regular User

Default Anyone else pissed off that lambo is now german?

this really ticks me off...never will i ever have the opportunity in my life from now on to own an authentic italian lamborghini...instead i can have an italian sports car that has the insides of a german one
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

You really never saw a second hand Diablo, Countach or Miura for sale?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

^^^^^^ good one

And who cares, its basically still Italian, and the most important part is that it drives like a superb car.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:44 PM   #4
PATo355
Regular User

I dont car , now its a best car than b4

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
oscargarza88
Regular User

well it depends, because tis basically a very topof the line audi, so i really dont think the original spririt of lambo is there, but that doesnt make it a worst car, its still great!! just different
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #6
robruf
Regular User

JC said it best when he said you want the Germans to make the basket for the picnic and the Italians to bring the food and that is the recipe for a picnic and for the Gallardo which makes it such a success. BTW, the Gallardo is an awesome car, one of my dad's friends who lives near Toronto sold his Murcielago and picked up the Gallardo cannot stop raving about it and this guy has everything and has had everything, Porsche Turbo's, Murcielago's, Modena's, Viper's you name it and he has owned it.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
well it depends, because tis basically a very topof the line audi, so i really dont think the original spririt of lambo is there, but that doesnt make it a worst car, its still great!! just different
What spirit, cars are just cars, they don't posses spirits, its design looks still Italian AND its got German decency.

Blaire is a figleaf

damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 04-16-2004, 05:56 PM   #8
saadie
Regular User

ummm .... well TT is ryt ....... 8)

and neway ..... germans are good at building interiors ..... have ya seen Maybach lately ...
Old 04-16-2004, 06:11 PM   #9
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
What spirit, cars are just cars, they don't posses spirits, its design looks still Italian AND its got German decency.
ohh com on, not again.. taking ghtinks literally!
i mean the feel of a lambo, like the hard clutch, gearshift, etc..., put together they give u a different feel than driving something easy to drive
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 PM   #10
mitsu_3kgt_ads
Regular User

I still consider it Italian. It reminds me of the time I told my friend that the Viper was one of the best current American sports cars (This was before the Ford GT and the Saleen S7 were out) and he told me it would be if it was American. He then went off on how it was really German because of Chrystler. :roll:
Old 04-16-2004, 08:56 PM   #11
spitfire6000
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
JC said it best when he said you want the Germans to make the basket for the picnic and the Italians to bring the food and that is the recipe for a picnic and for the Gallardo which makes it such a success. BTW, the Gallardo is an awesome car, one of my dad's friends who lives near Toronto sold his Murcielago and picked up the Gallardo cannot stop raving about it and this guy has everything and has had everything, Porsche Turbo's, Murcielago's, Modena's, Viper's you name it and he has owned it.
Actually he said something completely different...
He said that the gallardo DOES NOT have the feel of a lambo because:

When u want a picnic u want the germans to bring the basket and the italians to make the food...

but in the gallardo's case...

the germans have made the basket AND the food.

ALSO: if u recall...JC asked the crowd what they thought the best lambo was, and after getting a few responses, he said everyones wrong. He claimed that the best lambo to date is the murcielargo.

As for the comment about buying preowned lambos, i was refering strictly to new, never before driven on models...probably shouldve specified
spitfire6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:01 AM   #12
Vansquish
Regular User

The only problems that I have with the German ownership of Lamborghini are that the ars have become less aesthetically pleasing...they're not as outrageously styled....and though they are certainly easier to drive than Lamborghinis of old, they are less romantic in a way...less emotion-inspiring...sanitized. However, quality has definetely improved, as has reliability and useability. A tradeoff had to be made somewhere.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #13
possessed_beaver
Regular User

they still produce the same amazing cars, but now money isen't a problem with audi been able to provide finance for any project!

IMO lambo's have only gotten better!!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:28 PM   #14
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
ohh com on, not again.. taking ghtinks literally!
i mean the feel of a lambo, like the hard clutch, gearshift, etc..., put together they give u a different feel than driving something easy to drive

I don't think that would be an advantage, its all part of the evolution of cars, they have to be FASTER.

Blaire is a figleaf

Old 04-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #15
yg60m
Regular User

I don't know if you are aware of the recent history of Lambo but it's been a long time since it was Italian. Chrysler bought it in 1987 so it "became " american and then after some troubles was sold to Indonesian group so you see that German is not a bad issue ...