Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-11-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
gis
Regular User

Default gone in 60 seconds 2 in chorley (my town)

well,no were near as extreme with porsches and ferraris, lol but this has been goin on over the past couple weeks and they struck again a couple nights ago.here is what was in out local newspaper today

"a gang of theives are targeting chorley and stealing powerful cars to order.in the latest incident two top performance vehicles were taken from a chorley estate in the early hours of the morning.
the gang stole a blue jaguar from the driveway of a house on cypress close in clayton-le-woods between 2:30am and 3am.

they took the vehicles after pinching the car keys from the hallway of the occupants home using a hook and cane device.a similar tool was used to snatch the keys to a black audi TT roadster parked outside a house on camelia drive,200 yards away from the previous theft.
they are the latest in a long list of hook and cane thefts which has now seen six performance cars stolen from chorley borough in the last 6 weeks.
PC louise cooper of chorley police target team said last nights thefts were probably commited by the same gang.residents are being urged to keep their car keys away from the front door and hall window.
PC cooper said " it is a recuring theme that people are targeting high quality estates in chorley for performance cars,they are probably taking them to order"

During the last six weeks the theives have snatched four other performance cars totalling £75000 from driveways in chorley.
A £15000 silver volkswagen golf and a £12500 black golf were stolen from the driveway of the same house on foxglove drive in whittle-le-woods after the keys were fished out of the owners letter boxes.

Two weeks later the gang took a £21000 silver BMW 330 car from the same cul-desac while a £25000 silver mercedes CDI saloon car was also snatched from the driveway of a detached house on hurst green in mawdsley "

well,thats been happenin in my town for the past 6 weeks,and they havent been cought yet.i can see from readin were they have stolen from,they are workin there way down chorley,and next on the line is were i live and the next place called coppull,lol,lets see what happens,the fuckers

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

That's scary! I wonder if the police will be able to discover where the cars went
Old 12-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #3
hemi_fan
Regular User

Open ur window, put the keys near it, and put a bomb in ur car MUAHAHAA. Id like to see their faces when it all blows up in their face... litterally. lol I thought you meant they were filming the second movie there... you got my hopes up and crushed them. :*(

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:03 PM   #4
gis
Regular User

LOL,sorry to let u down,but still,i dont think ill have a smile on my face when my car blows up from them tryin to steal it.lol but there are quite a lot of better cars for them to grab,so mine should be safe

Old 12-11-2003, 10:45 PM   #5
BADMIHAI
Regular User

LOL,sorry to let u down,but still,i dont think ill have a smile on my face when my car blows up from them tryin to steal it.lol but there are quite a lot of better cars for them to grab,so mine should be safe
What are you talking about, man? If I were you, I'd put that baby under 24/7 suervilance!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:59 PM   #6
gis
Regular User

lol,well technically it is,next to my house is another house then a parking area,as u can see in the pic,then another house,and that guy,who really is an arse,has put up a security camera which he only intended to look over his cars,BUT it doesnt,the camera over looks the whole area,and my car bein near the front his camera catches it.so if they do try then there long run of stealing cars will come to an end,plus an added bonus for them a nice bitch-slap from both me and my dad 0X

Old 12-12-2003, 01:21 AM   #7
666fast
Regular User

Every night when you park your car, take one of the wheels off. I bet they won't take it then! LOL It may be a pain in the ass, but hey, they won't steal your car!

Car thiefs suck!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:27 AM   #8
db350ztrack

haha.. I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the dumb people who leave their keys that easy to steal, especially after this has been happening for weeks in the same area

at the same time, I hope those theives get caught.. I know I'd be gutted if someone stole my car
Old 12-12-2003, 05:36 AM   #9
draak666
Regular User

The alternative is to put your keys in a safer place, with the risk that the thieves enter your bedroom in the middle of the night beating the shit out of you to get them. Now that's a trauma you probably won't ever recover from.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:13 AM   #10
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
haha.. I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the dumb people who leave their keys that easy to steal, especially after this has been happening for weeks in the same area
lol,i know and even if this wasnt happenin i wouldnt leave them in those places anyway.how about the persons house were they stole the golfs,that was the same house and they got both there cars lol how gutted would you feel waking up and not one but BOTH your cars had gone,i know i shouldnt laugh coz knowin my luck now that i have laughed,they will take my car.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:40 AM   #11
possessed_beaver
Regular User

i think the safest place for you're keys is the inition.. i mean chances are they will look in you're house before the inition. hahaha
(yes stupid theorie)
and then no insurance money cuz it's you're own fault!

but it makes sence to steal the car keys, then set the alarm off. and unlike car jacking there isen't 50 whitness's

does anyone here actualy know how to hot wire a car?
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 05:02 PM   #12
hemi_fan
Regular User

as for putting a bomb in your car, as long as it is covered under fire damage, then its the same as getting it stolen. At least this way you get the thief back. And you can save yourself some cash on theft insurrance. lol. A while back I saw some experimental car theft deterers. The most memorable of which consisted of a flame thrower mounted on the bottom of a BMW's doors. When the intruder tried to break in without deactivating it properly he got flamed. It wasnt enough to do permanent damage but it was a huge flame and would no-doubt scare the shit out of any car thief. Plus it didnt damage the car at all, but I dont know if it went out on the market, probably not seeing as its a huge lawsuit waiting to happen.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:28 PM   #13
gis
Regular User

lol,id like one of the flame throwers on my car,that be cool plus it be fun to mess around and scare the shit outta people with it,lol