Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-31-2004, 10:52 AM   #1
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Default Need a bit help for tuning of Prelude 2.0i '92

Hoi, can i ask you some help for tuning a Prelude 2.0i from '92. U know a part as cheap as possible and in the same time very effective. Or do you maybe know a site for tuning. Whe are only interessed of upgrading the prestations. Can someone help me with this. But by example not NA Tuning cause at the moment it is to expensive.

Thanx.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
not quite sure wht you are looking for mops.....

the prelude is N/A and you dont want to do any N/A tuning?????

hmmm I think you got a problem there dude....

there is no cheap way to alot of more power sorry....

......But if you want to start somewhere with it exhaust and filter is the place to start it will not be night and day changes but noticeable for sure...

If you tell how much power you want to put in it, it would be easier to try and guide you in the right direction, and if you want to stay N/A or go with forced induction......neither way is cheap if you want a serious bulidt engine with reliability and punch.....
I already have K&N Airfilter and Sebring Exhaust. But i actually mean the cheapest that there is for the quality. It may cost more €2000 for my dad but better not starting with NA or Turbo (i saw one with a Turbo) just the smaller things, then maybe the big ones. thx for the advise Brembo.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:21 PM   #3
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Well the prelude are N/A so you have to start with that dude.....

an engine is either N/A or forced induction, if you dont want to go for a jet engine that is.....

whats the budget you and your father got to work on, cuz its the one you have the pics up of right...?
Well, whe don't really have a budget. but if it is under €5000 it's definetly okay. but ofcourse whe are'nt making a machine that does 0-100 in 4 seconds. But i saw some guys on the net having a Turbo in it. I don't know shit about tuning but as looking to GT3 Turbo is more effective then NA Tuning. It would be good if the car is doing 5 - 6 seconds to 100. Hopefully with less money. but if it has to whe will pay some more.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
cooperluke
Regular User

It has Vtec, hasn't it??
Reprogramming the Vtec system is very good to increase the performance of the engine.
I know a guy that does that, but it's here in Portugal.
He as a 1.6 vtec 125 HP, with 220hp, and he uses it very often, almost daily car, and with no problems.
Of course he changed some things on the engine head, but it wasn't too expensive.

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:09 AM   #5
Mopsdrops
Regular User

ok lets lay the basics down first......

N/A is natural aspirated a non turboed or supercharged engine, then we have forced induction wich is turbo or supercharging.......

So you have to decide if you want to go further with N/A tuning or come over to the boosted side....
cuz the setup on the different engines will be totaly different and to get a good result you have to start right....

if you lay down 5000Euros in the engine you will have a 5-6 seconds car for sure, but with a more powerfull engine brakes and suspension comes along for the ride and is something you should also do.
handling is and brakes are just as important for good track times as power, and you really shouldnt have a powerfull engine without the other two......

I did the brakes and suspension on my car before I started with the engine, and mine should be pretty decent even in stock form.....

so when you have decided wich way to go I`ll try to help out some.....
Oke, better take NA Tuning, the redline raises then eh ? with only NA Tuning on it, a 2.0i that does 100 km/h in 8.1 seconds, how much do you think it can do then with NA to 100 ? possible in 6 seconds ? thank you for your advise, mate, getting handy, thx so much
Old 09-01-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
hiroshima
Regular User

Well, if you want to do some extra rpm, you should change your cams, the CPU, the valves and their springs ( I'm not sure if in english as a specific name but in portuguese is molas das valvulas ) in order to do some extra rpm safely.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
Mopsdrops
Regular User

things to do with a N/A to get it better should be to change the cams upgrade the ecu (this will raise the redline) as hiroshima said you should look on what options you got on valves and lifters(not sure what its called in english)...

maybe a stroker kit, if its made for the prelude, headers, injectors the flywheel could be lightend basicly there are a ton of stuff you can do to get better performance on your car.....

you just have to start somewher.....Will this be done by you and your father or will it be done by a garage?
Done by me and my dad if whe get the parts. i think whe start with NA Tuning but how much costs it and accelerates too 100 ?
Old 09-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #8
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Well first of all if you start with N/A you go with N/A....your engine is N/A allready so thats the easiest way.....as I said I havnt worked to much on honda engines so I cant really give a "how to" report on it, I can only tell you what you need to get for it.....

there is alot of stuff that you cant do your self if you dont have accses to machines to port the head and such, internal work on the engine...this is something most people let the some tune shop do as a serious one will have a flowbench to get the best result from it.....

I cant tell you how much it will cost, and how fast it will get from 0-100 as this is not a exact sience and there is a lot of factors playing in...

to get it very fast the best way to go is forced induction IMO....and I am sure there are kits avaliable to the honda engine.....

have google search and look for a honda forum where people most likely will have done both N/A tuning and forced induction to that excact engine I think there is a supercharger kit available to that engine too.....
Okay thank you, but i have one last question remaining: what parts are all in NA Tuning ? Than maybe whe should buy it. but do you think it CAN be under 6.5 seconds with NA ? thanx.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #9
Mopsdrops
Regular User

I dont understand what you mean by "what parts are all in NA Tuning ?" please explain.....

I know it can be under 6,5 seconds in N/A form.....
Well if you take a NA Tuning packet, wich tuning parts you get in that packet to make the car faster. an example of a packet that does'nt exicst like "BeginStage" you get K&N Airfilter, Sebring Exhaust, Pistons, Flywheel,...within that package. afcourse this package does'nt exicst.