Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default Which driver should get the F1 vacant seats for year after

Once seems that the number of drivers that will stay in the formula 1 for the next year is going to be low......as far as i know, there are going to continue only five drivers in the same seat (Michael Schumacher, Rubens Barrichelo, Fernando Alonso, Takuma Sato, Kimi Raikkonen), the number of drivers that is going to continue in the formula 1 for the following season will be seven (Ralf Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, Mark Webber, Jenson Button, Giancarlo Fisichella, Jarno Trulli(although there is no confirmation of his contraction, but its certain 95% that he will run for toyota in the following season), Christian Klien(its not confirmed his renewal with Jaguar either). As a result, there are 8 seats(and very interesting some of them) to be occupied by drivers. I get the following topic: In your opinion which drivers should occupie the vacant seats of the Formula 1 teams for the following season in order to get them their best possible results in the year after?

My opinion goes on:

JAGUAR: They should get David Coulthard once for me he is one of the 8 bests driver in the current Formula 1 (I see very certain that Christian Klien will get the other jaguar seat)

SAUBER: Id renew the Felipe Massa contraction, and id add the name of Nick Heidfeld as its second driver as long as there is no problem for Nick and Peter Sauber to get back to Sauber, on the contrary, id get Ricardo Zonta alternatively

BAR: Once i think that Jos Verstappen is one of the 10 bests driver of the formula 1, and once he know very well how Honda works(the team and the engine), id get him alongside Takuma Sato

JORDAN: If Heidfeld went to Sauber, id contract Ricardo Zonta as his substitute, and id get Justin Wilson as a teammate

MINARDI: Although Minardi(alongside Jordan) is not able to get a good driver due to its finantial problems, i think that Anthony Davidson and Frank Montagny will be the quickest drivers and the most proper drivers to take advantage of the car overall
Old 08-18-2004, 12:47 PM   #2
mindgam3
Regular User

A similar post has already been made recently....

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15425
Closed Thread