Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Must have Xbox 360 games

Finally got my taxes back (Yea, I waited awhile before filing, I'm lazy, leave me alone) I've decided to spend a small bit of it on myself, some will be plunked down for the next few months of my carpayment (YAY!), the rest goes into savings. I found a whole pile of 360's at the local Evil Empire (wallworld) and decided to get one. Unfortunately, the bank was closed and I didn't want to put it on my credit card and didn't have the checkbook on me, so I'll pick it up tomorrow.

I just want to know what games to get, I've been looking at reader reviews on game sites and it's giving me a headache. Th1s G4m3 roxz d00dz!

I'll be geting PGR3 most definately. I've also been looking at Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, looks neato. I'll probably be picking up 2-3 games. So help me choose and stuff.

BTW, how well does Forza run on the 360? Anyone try? My original Xbox was inoperable when it came out, so I was only able to play a small amount of it at a friends house. But, if it runs like crap on the 360 (sounds like some Xbox 1 games do), I won't buy it. Since it's been out for awhile, I can get it used dirt cheap.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #2
vexor
Regular User

PGR3 is a definate must, I have Ghost Recon AW and single player mode is quite easy but it is so much fun that I actually play it over and over again. Although the best part of the game is multiplayer mode, loads of non stop fun. I would also reccomend looking at Need for Speed Most Wanted, very arcade game but it's long and it's fun customizing the different cars (ps. it's got the gallardo and murcielago)

As for Forza, I had it on my old xbox but when I got my 360 it worked fine if u are racing by urself, if there are even 2 other race cars in the game it will lag big time and it's not from internet connection, the xbox/X360 emulator (i think it's spelled that way) is not good when it comes to playing Forza.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
Zot09
Regular User

Sorry to thread-jack, but is it possible to transfer your Forza save-file from a XBOX to a 360?
Old 05-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by vexor
As for Forza, I had it on my old xbox but when I got my 360 it worked fine if u are racing by urself, if there are even 2 other race cars in the game it will lag big time and it's not from internet connection, the xbox/X360 emulator (i think it's spelled that way) is not good when it comes to playing Forza.
Well, poo on that then.

Looks like PGR3 and Ghost Recon are it. I'm still looking at a possible third game though. What else is out?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #5
T-Bird
Regular User

well I enjoyed perfect dark along with the other 2 you listed and the new splinter cell is coming out soon along with Test Drive Unlimited.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well I enjoyed perfect dark along with the other 2 you listed and the new splinter cell is coming out soon along with Test Drive Unlimited.
ugh, I don't think u'll want test Drive Unlimited. There's a demo of it on the xbox live marketplace and it is a bad gameboth visually and gameplay wise. I know it's not the final version of the game but if the gameplay doesn't change dramatically when the final code comes out (which I doubt) then it just won't be worth it.

I'm also looking forward for Splinter cell but it's coming out only in SEPTEMBER .... such a long wait

Old 05-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
666fast
Regular User

Picke dit up today along with PGR3. They didn't have Ghost Recon, maybe I'll by it next week or something. Either way, I'm excited!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #8
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

So when is the first JW PGR3 get together??
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #10
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
we should have one soon...

Old 05-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #11
ViperASR
Regular User

I have PGR 3, Perfect Dark Zero, and Need for Speed (i had to get it... ) and i like them all. Need for speed is well, need for speed like. PGR 3 is deff the best racing game aside from Forza, as for that, save up your money and get Halo 3 and Forza 2 when they come out.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #12
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
As soon as I have broadband again.

I just put in a solid 3 hours of PGR2, I'm loving it. It may not be realistic but damn it's fun! BTW, Murcie RGT = Twitchy drifting goodness!

Also, being able to turn the console off andon with the controller is the greatest idea ever.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

If PS3 gets delayed, then I'll b joining the 360 croud
Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 AM   #14
Daggernite
Regular User

You 360 people do know that one of the best games for the 360 is geometry wars on xbox live arcade right? Add daggernite360 to your friends list and beat my score..... IF YOU CAN! haha

Also on xbox live market place, there is motogp demo and test drive ultimate demo which I would recommend to everyone.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote