Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #16
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Kinda pointless having a 612hp beast that you can't put the power down in whether wet or dry
IMO 0-100km/h in 4.3sec is "putting the power down".
For a 612bhp car? Not really.... maybe for motorway crusing and overtaking all the torque and power is handy, but for a sportscar, its near useless, and as EVO states... the SL55 AMG is definately the better car to go for. Especially 0-60 is only 4.7 for the 55 and is £50,000 cheaper, £50,000 more for unusable power is stupid in my view and anyone who buys one has not got any sense. Even more so when you consider the alternatives.... ferrari 575, AM vanquish, AM DB9 + track car, SL55 AMG + track car... ferrari 430 + track car... there's so many better options i really don't see the point of it to be honest
All supercars are pretty pointless in transportation terms but atleast in the S-Class you can bring 4 friends/bizzos wiith you 8)

You crack me up dude. What you pretty much say is that the S65 isn't a fast car. Are you serious when you say that i.e the ferrari 430 and AM DB9 are alternatives to the S65? The point of this car is to be the fastest luxury saloon, the end! And guess what, it is. And forget about the money issue when you talk about this car. it's not meant to be a common car on the street.

Edit: maybe you confused it with the SL65?
shit :roll: lol, yes i did confuse it with the SL65, didnt read the subject properly... but still, it is £140k, and I don't see the point on spending that much on what is basically an S class with more power and twice the price tag..... very nearly as pointless as the SL65 but not quite
All supercars are pretty pointless in terms of transportation but atleast you can bring 4 friends/bizzos with you in the S-Class 8)

If you don't like "pointless" cars one might wonder what you are doing in this forum
But why would anyone want a £140k S class? :S

If your spending that much on a 4 seater, get something like a bentley or something with a lot more class....

Or if you want something with the same sort of style, get an RS6+ and put a few mods on it for about £70k - half the price.... and you can get a lot more in an estate

If you want something powerful and sporty, get something like a DB9 or 575....

There's no point having that much power in something that is that heavy for that price
You really don't get it. If you buy this car money is not an object. And do you seriously think an Audi has the same sort of style as Mercs, come on dude . For the second time I tell you that people that buy this car want the fastest most luxurious salon on the planet, the end! Stop bitchin about money :roll:
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #17
Just_me
Regular User

Kinda pointless having a 612hp beast that you can't put the power down in whether wet or dry
IMO 0-100km/h in 4.3sec is "putting the power down".
For a 612bhp car? Not really.... maybe for motorway crusing and overtaking all the torque and power is handy, but for a sportscar, its near useless, and as EVO states... the SL55 AMG is definately the better car to go for. Especially 0-60 is only 4.7 for the 55 and is £50,000 cheaper, £50,000 more for unusable power is stupid in my view and anyone who buys one has not got any sense. Even more so when you consider the alternatives.... ferrari 575, AM vanquish, AM DB9 + track car, SL55 AMG + track car... ferrari 430 + track car... there's so many better options i really don't see the point of it to be honest
All supercars are pretty pointless in transportation terms but atleast in the S-Class you can bring 4 friends/bizzos wiith you 8)

You crack me up dude. What you pretty much say is that the S65 isn't a fast car. Are you serious when you say that i.e the ferrari 430 and AM DB9 are alternatives to the S65? The point of this car is to be the fastest luxury saloon, the end! And guess what, it is. And forget about the money issue when you talk about this car. it's not meant to be a common car on the street.

Edit: maybe you confused it with the SL65?
shit :roll: lol, yes i did confuse it with the SL65, didnt read the subject properly... but still, it is £140k, and I don't see the point on spending that much on what is basically an S class with more power and twice the price tag..... very nearly as pointless as the SL65 but not quite
All supercars are pretty pointless in terms of transportation but atleast you can bring 4 friends/bizzos with you in the S-Class 8)

If you don't like "pointless" cars one might wonder what you are doing in this forum
But why would anyone want a £140k S class? :S

If your spending that much on a 4 seater, get something like a bentley or something with a lot more class....

Or if you want something with the same sort of style, get an RS6+ and put a few mods on it for about £70k - half the price.... and you can get a lot more in an estate

If you want something powerful and sporty, get something like a DB9 or 575....

There's no point having that much power in something that is that heavy for that price
You really don't get it. If you buy this car money is not an object. And do you seriously think an Audi has the same sort of style as Mercs, come on dude . For the second time I tell you that people that buy this car want the fastest most luxurious salon on the planet, the end! Stop bitchin about money :roll:
The way I see it. Those who want a S65 want if for braggin rights and impress people. They really love mercedes or they have too much money.
Other than that, noone wants a S65
Old 02-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #18
frua
Regular User

Thats a polish reprint of the german comparison with B7 and S55 AMG.BMW won this one, thanks to comfortable suspension and better engine I simply adore these Alpina rims, even bangled BMW looks great with them!
frua is offline   Reply With Quote