Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-26-2004, 01:26 PM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

No. I have paid for a replacement of the same card that was perfect before the water started to drip onto it.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #17
Sm@ck
Regular User

I am afraid this is part of the price you pay when implementing cutting edge technology. If the system uses Vaopchill technology (not sure if it does), you might want to check the asetek forums. Maybe you are not the only one with this type of problems. Possibly there is a solution.

I am not sure if any of these threads address your problems
http://forum.vapochill.com/showthrea...&threadid=7624
or
http://forum.vapochill.com/showthrea...&threadid=7522
or
http://forum.vapochill.com/showthrea...&threadid=7540

It is really unfortunate. You really might want to consider switching over to a water cooled system, if you want long term reliability. but yeah 20/20 hindsight.
Then again you do have warranty. I will keep an eye on this thread, and wish you the best of luck, Jabba.
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

Yes I am aware of that forum and I am a member there...thanks for posting the information anyway.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
callen
Regular User

so uve already replaced the card at your own expense? I hope since u are a valued customer at savrow, they will set things right, even if just for PR's sake! good luck jabba, and i hate to hear about these things, i just got mine back online after a failed power supply.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:07 PM   #20
jon_s
Regular User

I suspect that as callen has pointed out, they will do everything in their power to rectify the situation. I doubt they will pay any hard cash though, they would be more inclined to replace a card, and only one at that. I am not sure they will compensate for both

However, we are not talking about PC World here, so they could come up trumps. Best of luck Jabba!

edit: they also know that they have got more custom through you (can't rember the name of the person, but the desktop standard laptop for Uni). He said that he mentioned your name as well as Jabbasworld, so they know you are in a position to influence, which may influence their decision if you see what I mean. A bit of a long streatch I know.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #21
Jabba
Regular User

Savrow are speaking to vapochill as they seem to think there would be "oil everywhere" if the vapochill were leaking.

However it looks like colorgraphic were indeed correct. There is condensation dripping down onto the video card as you can see in the pictures.

I will let you know what Savrow say tommorow when they see the pictures.

Old 08-26-2004, 05:14 PM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Turned off now...as I ponder the future for my vapochill system.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:43 PM   #23
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

That blows...I have never seen a graphics card that nice...I thought I got an amazing graphics card(ATI Radeon X800 SE)..I was wrong lol...
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:13 AM   #24
mindgam3
Regular User

any news from em jabba?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:30 PM   #25
Jabba
Regular User

Well I have just e-mailed Ali a picture of the VC sent back to me by colorgraphic...you can clearly see the damage caused to it by the dripping condensation even with the naked eye.

I guess this is what you are going to want to know...how they treat their customers after they have parted with their money.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:43 PM   #26
PATo355
Regular User

Fuck that is sick , 750k !!! , you can buy a very good computer with that money , i guess that must be covered with warranty , there is a law here that anything that is sold with an invoice MUST have at least 1year warranty

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 12:56 PM   #27
Jabba
Regular User

I have an "in-house" legal team should it come to it.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #28
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
I have an "in-house" legal team should it come to it.
Money is money , dont matter if they are 1 pound or 750 pounds , the fact is that if they dont come up with a solution you should make them pass a bad time , i know the value you give to the money , every pound earned costed work , so dont let em play with you , its their resposability , plus i bet the team of lawyers work for your company , so put em to work

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

You can sue anyone for anything in the UK whether you win or not is another matter...you would be amazed at the results a good solicitor can get you here.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:30 PM   #30
Jabba
Regular User

Cost is irrelevant in this case as its the principal of the situation that has really pissed me off. Lawyers / Solicitors are part of my everyday life so not really a big deal.

I do not have any issues with the VC company...in fact I have always said how great they have been at all times.