Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #121
RC45
Regular User

Discovered, or invented?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:51 PM   #122
philip
Regular User

Arthur C. Clarke is credited with inventing it the geosynchronous satellite . No one ever thought it up untill he wrote about it. Others were the first to use his idea and make it a reality. (probably Americans born in Germany)

Can you buy that Barrett rifle at the gun shows in town, bolt action naturally? Or would there be a restriction on the purchase or the ammo due to the calibre.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #123
nthfinity
Regular User

who said anything about algebra being from the US.

Algebra = 8th grade
at least you could mention a meaningful math that is used these days.

Sputnik was first like was Vostok too.
About the GPS, you can see Europeans sending Galileo and Russia have their own "GPS system" too. And since you don't care so much about the original idea and the Galileo system is more advanced than GPS, then I think we can call Galileo the main product and GPS just a first "idea"
considering military spec GPS is accurate to mm rather then 3 feet, sure it is.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #124
nthfinity
Regular User

it is well known that GPS in civilian use has built in fault accuracy.

I know its accurate to mm because i worked with NRAO on its bandwith to messure its variance under specific weather conditions.

so, well.... it is worthy to talk about,.... it is accurate to 3mm
Old 08-24-2006, 07:29 PM   #125
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Originally Posted by 666fast
Guns are sweet, stupid arguements aren't.

What do you think? Is it me? Will it make me look awesome?
These are what I'm currently looking at, not sure which I might buy.

Springfield 1911 .45 ACP

I really like Springfields. I spent some quality time with a couple different versions. Some had some custom stuff done to them, dont ask me what though, im no gun expert. But I got to shoot all of these along with a large assortment of various handguns, rifles, semis etc. (about 60 different pieces on a private shooting range for a whole day)

I liked the Springfields and also the Sig Sauer 45, I want to get one of those I think, but I need to do some more shooting. I also found a rifle I like made by Kel-Tec.

Comes in a few different variations

http://www.kel-tec.com/su16ca.html
Some of the Kel Tec stuff is pretty cool. The long range pistol makes me laugh my ass off. The only place I'd expect to see something like that is in some goofy anime cartoon.
That rifle is pretty cool, too bad my interest in them is pretty low. The only long range near me is almst 2 hour drive. Which is wierd, considering I live in the middle of nowhere.
Check out wilson combat rifles, very nice stuff IMO. The price reflects that as well. I'd love to have one of thier pistols.
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/index_rifle.htm

Philip, yes you can buy Barrets guns. the gun shop I go to has one. It's a bargain at $9k.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:44 PM   #126
philip
Regular User

Darn, I wont be buying one of those anytime soon. I guess the ammo is $20.00 a bullet too.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #127
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Sorry Z for irrelevant posts.
finding a topic on JW that stays on topic the entire time, is like running into the one white chick at a NASCAR event that doesn't have a black eye

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #128
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip
Darn, I wont be buying one of those anytime soon. I guess the ammo is $20.00 a bullet too.
Nah, you can get 150 Rounds for about $250.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #129
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Bargain!!!!!!!

When I was checking out the gun at the gun shop I asked about ammo, the cheap stuff was about $7 a round! heh
Old 08-25-2006, 01:56 AM   #130
novass
Regular User

@ Mojo - my friends dad that took us shooting used to do that since he had so many guns and could blow through so much ammo in a short amount of time. He had a pretty large set up in his garage to do that and he always told me that it wasnt necesarily price but the fact that he wanted to ensure the quality his ammo, talk about a perfectionist lol.

@ 666 - those Wilson rifles look pretty nice. I think my first purchase would def be a hand gun just cause its a little easier to take shooting. I just like rifles for their power and their design, im a design freak that will buy anything, useful or useless, as long as it looks nice LOL

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #131
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Bargain!!!!!!!

When I was checking out the gun at the gun shop I asked about ammo, the cheap stuff was about $7 a round! heh
Do you ever charge the ammo by yourself? I'm not sure if it is the prices or just a habit but at least many hunters here recharge the ammo by themselves. You just have to pick up the shells after shooting.
I've never done it, but my uncle does. Once you get past the initial investment, it does save you quite a bit of money. The machine things you use to do it are kind of expensive.

@ 666 - those Wilson rifles look pretty nice. I think my first purchase would def be a hand gun just cause its a little easier to take shooting. I just like rifles for their power and their design, im a design freak that will buy anything, useful or useless, as long as it looks nice LOL
Thats exactly why I'm looking at a handgun, it's just easier to deal with. I can name 5 different places within 10 minutes of me where I can go shoot one.

I got my permit today, so now all I have to do is decide on a gun. I definately want a 1911 style gun, but I'm not sure on caliber. There are too many options! LOL .38 .40 .45 9mm 10mm
Ammo price will probably make the decision for me. After dumping $500+ on a gun, I don't want to have to spend $100 on ammo everytime I want to shoot it!