Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 06-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #61
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
...arrived back home last night

first off, i´d like to personally THANK everyone who responded in this topic - if possible it would be an honor for me to shake everyone´s hand in person...

as u probably have noticed - not that we have ALL lost a real enthusiast and passionate sports car lover - personally i´ve lost a beloved friend and his death depressed me like the loss of a brother - and i´m not that haughty to say that my friend and myself have not shed the one or other tear.

hope u guys respect the fact that i won´t re-tell what happened over the past few days as they were quite emotional - all i can say is that i arrived back here with a mission to fulfil - because Ben would have been among the first to continue with what we both love to do - sharing our tiny bit of experience and knowledge with other passionate sports car lovers and i´m happy to know that even when the road on earth ended for him way too soon, i´ll some time see him around - somewhere - driving his shiny GT...

i do not want to affect the positive mood of anyone, or the celebration of the 2nd birthday of JW these days but personally, and same is valid for Porsche Central, wearing black ribbon is the minimum thing - everyone who feels the same, feel free to change the avatar for the time beeing...

see you around buddy, we miss you...
Seal Grey ribbon is what we wore at the funeral. Would you like a sticker? I got two and im sure you would like to sport one. PM me you details and ill try and get one out to you.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #62
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah

first off, i´d like to personally THANK everyone who responded in this topic - if possible it would be an honor for me to shake everyone´s hand in person...

as u probably have noticed - not that we have ALL lost a real enthusiast and passionate sports car lover - personally i´ve lost a beloved friend and his death depressed me like the loss of a brother - and i´m not that haughty to say that my friend and myself have not shed the one or other tear.

hope u guys respect the fact that i won´t re-tell what happened over the past few days as they were quite emotional - all i can say is that i arrived back here with a mission to fulfil - because Ben would have been among the first to continue with what we both love to do - sharing our tiny bit of experience and knowledge with other passionate sports car lovers and i´m happy to know that even when the road on earth ended for him way too soon, i´ll some time see him around - somewhere - driving his shiny GT...

i do not want to affect the positive mood of anyone, or the celebration of the 2nd birthday of JW these days but personally, and same is valid for Porsche Central, wearing black ribbon is the minimum thing - everyone who feels the same, feel free to change the avatar for the time beeing...

Seal Grey ribbon is what we wore at the funeral. Would you like a sticker? I got two and im sure you would like to sport one. PM me you details and ill try and get one out to you.
...when i´d have known it would have been my pleasure to say "hello" to you there - unfortunately we couldn´t make it to Starbucks on wednesday morning but we were present at the service at carroll canyon rd...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 05:55 AM   #63
blah
Regular User

...when i´d have known it would have been my pleasure to say "hello" to you there - unfortunately we couldn´t make it to Starbucks on wednesday morning but we were present at the service at carroll canyon rd...
You were there.....wtf what were you driving in? one of the Ferraris? Did you stand over in the oorner by the Doors on the outside with the heavyset man in the orange or red shirt i forget what color. I was over with the Porsche crowd on the left.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:55 AM   #64
st-anger
Regular User

You were there.....wtf what were you driving in? one of the Ferraris? Did you stand over in the oorner by the Doors on the outside with the heavyset man in the orange or red shirt i forget what color. I was over with the Porsche crowd on the left.
...from what i´ve learned u where there with Albert in his yellow 996 - am i right...???

...we were there (LJ) pretty early as we couldn´t make it to Irvine in the morning, so we decided to head up somewhere to La Jolla area and parked our car ( black/beige 7-series ) at the Mt Soledad area where we went around a bit through the parks and later we headed up to El Camino Chapel - as i´m not the person who´s "in front" at such events we stayed in the background, don´t know if u´d have even recognized me among all those Ferrari/Porsche guys...
a question - are u from the LJ area ??? don´t know but i think i´ll fly over again kinda soon - well, we´ll see...

let´s c around in Porsche Central for now...
Porsche 911
Old 06-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #65
blah
Regular User

i stayed in the background too, because i didnt even know ben personally. I did ride down with albert, who also happened to be a friends uncle. That was so damn random.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #66
Shinigami
Regular User

Yeah, very sad news. Travelled quite a few automotive (and non automotive) forums. May he be in a peaceful place now.

Condolences to the mother and baby
Old 07-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #67
st-anger
Regular User

....first i´d again like to THANK everyone for their support and hopefully postings on the "Ben Keaton Memoriam Website"...
tomorrow, after 39 days of mourning, one day for every year of Ben´s too short life, the official mourning period will end, so i´d invite everyone to switch back to their "normal" sigs and avatars, besides i´d again thank everyone who decided to switch to the official Ben Keaton black ribbon...

+++THANK YOU ALL+++

Porsche 911
Old 07-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #68
DJF1
Regular User

Hey St.Anger, Its really great to see what you guys here have done...Forgive me for having stayed away from the board. His death hit me hard and it put things in perspective this year, especially after a huge accident that I had at the Club Race at Sebring this February which if it wasn't for luck and Porsche safety I too may have joined our lost friend up in the skies...
I stayed away because of all that, but the Porsche "bug"is so strong that it has lured me back so to speak. Not sure when I will race again, hopefully next year.
Again, just wanted to thank you for all the work and education you are giving all of us.
DJF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #69
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by DJF1
Hey St.Anger, Its really great to see what you guys here have done...Forgive me for having stayed away from the board. His death hit me hard and it put things in perspective this year, especially after a huge accident that I had at the Club Race at Sebring this February which if it wasn't for luck and Porsche safety I too may have joined our lost friend up in the skies...
I stayed away because of all that, but the Porsche "bug"is so strong that it has lured me back so to speak. Not sure when I will race again, hopefully next year.
Again, just wanted to thank you for all the work and education you are giving all of us.
...ALWAYS nice to hear from u my friend and personally it brings me joy every time talking with u - although u´re not here that often - but be sure i think i can speak for all of us, we perfectly understand...

hope things get well with u soon - in EVERY respect - definitely looking forward talking with u again my friend, take your time and see u soon...
Porsche 911
Old 05-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #70
StanAE86
Regular User

I just found this somewhat sad thread on this issue:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...8&page=1&pp=15
Old 05-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #71
LotusGT1
Regular User

Only in America....
Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #72
yg60m
Regular User

That's one reason why french manufacturers don't go to US (not that US market miss them a lot ). But there was something similar after Senna's death ...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #73
No.1
Regular User

A disgrace IMO.

Stupid litigious society :roll:
Old 05-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #74
ZfrkS62
Regular User

that is complete and utter bullshit. I hope the judge is a motorsport fan and throws this out.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:46 AM   #75
StanAE86
Regular User

I haven't read through the whole thing...but money will be exchanged in this litigation, most likely. You see, in the US, we don't have accidents. There's always someone to scapegoat and blame...