Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 04-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #16
Max Power

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...04/204904.html

PCNA sold 33,859 cars in North America...Of the 33,859 cars sold in 2005, 14,524 were Porsche Cayenne's
Cayenne makes up for almost half of its sales...in NA
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #17
pzgren
Regular User

uiuiui, so i have to hurry with my order! otherwise i'll have to buy a used one...

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
... and believe it or not, I never saw one on the streets yet ops: :bah:, were are the swiss CGT owners !!!!
they hide them very well. yesterday i saw one at the auto-x in frauenfeld, it was from AG (i'll post those pics later). and i know one in the city where i live. but 2 month ago the driver lost his driving license while pushing the cgt hard on public roads... he still needs a driver for another 4 month

in my opinion a car that was build over 1000 times is not really a rarity. but in this case for me the price and its phenomenal technic makes it a rarity and real supercar!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #18
Max Power

^^^
Porsche is small compared to BMW, Merc and VW...revenues, sales etc...
...its doesn't mean that they're not profitable but for them to have remained independant and fund future sports cars and go back to racing (LeMans) they needed the Cayenne...

BMW, MB run their own F1 teams, and if I searched for their annual revenues they will def surpass porsche's
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 AM   #19
stmoritzer
Regular User

as many have said, yes the CAyenne is a cash-cow for Porsche!
and the company is in good financial conditions :good:

Originally Posted by pzgren
uiuiui, so i have to hurry with my order! otherwise i'll have to buy a used one...

... and believe it or not, I never saw one on the streets yet ops: :bah:, were are the swiss CGT owners !!!!
they hide them very well. yesterday i saw one at the auto-x in frauenfeld, it was from AG (i'll post those pics later). and i know one in the city where i live. but 2 month ago the driver lost his driving license while pushing the cgt hard on public roads... he still needs a driver for another 4 month

in my opinion a car that was build over 1000 times is not really a rarity. but in this case for me the price and its phenomenal technic makes it a rarity and real supercar!
^last year I got the Price List of the CGT, it's still one of my fav goodies
It's a 2 A4 page brochure with a nice picture in the front, very few description in the inside and simply one price of 65x'xxx CHF, ( no stupid lists of the cost of extras, there are a few option, but all the same price). I'll post a pic tmr
I agree, with this price the car will be a rarity like the F40 for all time.

This CGT owner, does he need a driver ?

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 AM   #20
pzgren
Regular User

This CGT owner, does he need a driver ?
sadly not. he hired a guy to drive him around for the next few month in his new s8.....